Do
of
Sing
Or Dance
Only All That Naked
Comes After 'Breathe Free'...
Fine Examples of CuLTuRaL Clothes...

InTeResTinG Yes..:)
I have NO freaking idea what you just posted.

Let me 'spell' it out.

You Did not List Dance or Sing.

It's Not that complicated..;)

CuLTuRaL Clothes is the Rest of what you Provided.

Humans Are Born With the Ability to Dance And Sing.

Ever Watch a Little Child Before they go to School?

The Live They Breathe Free Without Cultural Lessons (Clothes); They Naturally Dance
And Sing to Fully Feel And Sense Life; And What they Sing may be totally
Un-intelligible to anyone; Yet they Feel JOY by Doing IT; Perhaps, Because
i was a Non-Verbal Child, i Understand this Better than You; as that is how i stayed until age 4.

You've Got Kids; Guessing You Might have noticed...

Unless You Insisted They Shut-Up With Quiet Hands And Feet 'in Church.'

Any Other Questions?

Not Everything in Life is 'Spoon-Fed'.

Anyway; Thanks For Asking.

That's always been my Advantage in Life; Not Afraid to
Ask When I do Not understand something;
And Not Afraid, When i Do Not Understand..:)

That's the Whole Point.

Get It?

Great Work..:)

I'm Really Surprised You Asked.

It's A 'Human' Thing to do...

That's my 'Speciality'; Got Reams of Evidence It works.

SMiLes; Real Magic Isn't Figuring Out What's Inside A Box.
Real Magic Is Figuring Out What's Outside A Box;
Better Yet; Creating It For the First 'Time' Ever;
Original Creativity, Doesn't Have a 'Target Audience';
But Yes, Paint by 'NumBeRs Life Usually Does;
i Don't Do Paint By NumBeRs Life; Some Folks Do...
Other than 'That'; Orginal Philosophy Is Not Paint By NumBeRS Either.

This is A Way 'A Child' 'Sees' Life.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 9:46 am

^More of the same.  It would be helpful if you would post using ordinary English syntax.  Is English not your primary language?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 11:18 am

Fnord wrote:
^More of the same, although dancing and singing have as much to do with Dungeons & Dragons as whistling has to do with being a fish.

It would be helpful if you would post using ordinary English syntax.  Is English not your primary language?

First of All; Thanks
For the Feed Back;
Much Appreciated.

Secondly:

Holy CRaP That was 'my
LeSSoN'; Genius You Are 'Private Gump.'
By The Way; 'Forrest Gump' Is a Real Hero;
Don't Take 'Fright' if You Will At That Suggestion.

Dungeons And Dragons
Is No Place For Dance And
Song. It's What's Missing In 'Hell' too;
Just For A Metaphor of the Same, now.

Another LeSSoN:
Being 'Yoda' is more Fun...

Fnord, Most of my Life, I was Lauded for Being A Best List Maker; And Conforming to All the Rules.
My Personality Was Assessed as a Computer; Can You Relate to that; Now, I Vaguely Remember 'Dungeons and Dragons'.
Yes; i Wasted Decades playing Video Games And Watching TV too; Never Getting Out of the 'Box' to Actually Create.

Not Going Back.

Guess What?

i Decided to Breathe...
Are You Sure 'You' Are Not A 'Whistling Fish?'
That's Surely Not A Question i will Restrict to 'You'; Most Everywhere i go....

'Do As You Wish As You Wish You Will Do"; That's How Life Works NoW As Forevermore.

My Doctors Agree; i 'Cured' My 'Aspergers' by my Own Volition; through Years
of Watching Me in 'that other place'; Same Condition My Sister is assessed with;
No Task too impossible for me...

As
i Wish...

Not That You Are any more Special; as I Remember most Everything I read; whether
I like it or not; But I Remember You Were Upset one Day that the 'Young Folks' Who Do Still 'Play'
Where You Live, Did not Seem to Like You. Do You See My LeSSoN Here; Just inviting You to Play.

Loosen Up If You Will And Breathe; You Seem Wound So Tight; i Can almost 'Psychically' Feel It From here;
Trust me or not; i used to be not too far from Where You are Now. There are still days left 'to let it go'.
Pretend You are an 'Ice Princess'; Do 'the thing' that You are Most Afraid of and Truly Breathe Or Not.

Anyway; this isn't 'the Haven'.

i Usually pick a Bigger Challenge in Flow;
It's My Nature now; no limits; i consider this an improvement... as usual....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 11:20 am

:roll: I'll try to ignore your posts from now on.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 11:40 am

Fnord wrote:

:roll: I'll try to ignore your posts from now on.

Smiles Fnord; As You Wish; And Yes, Thank You, too.

Seeing 'It' 'All' 'Is' 'All' 'Ways' An Advantage, if one Can and Will.

The Evidence of 'It' 'Is' Irrefutable; Words Truly are Small; 'Seeing' 'Is' 'Believing'.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:20 am

So, who wants to bet that I'm not the only rapper with their own personal campaign setting for D&D?
It doesn't count if they've just signed off on someone else's setting they've endorsed either. I mean it only counts if there's another emcee who's actually written their own manual. :lol:

As much as it seems like it absolutely should be safe to assume that it's basically a Robin Hood shot, I think that's a matter of underestimating nerdiness in certain circles.

I actually figured out a way to reconcile my need for what is basically a materialist universe with some of the other aspects typical of fantasy. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:43 am

I’m not taking any life lessons from a video game.

I don’t especially like living amongst dungeons and dragons.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m not taking any life lessons from a video game.
If you think Dungeons & Dragons is only a video game, then you don't know Dungeons & Dragons.
kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t especially like living among dungeons and dragons.
Then why are you still living in New York?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:57 am

I live in a nice part of NYC.

Yes, there are nice parts here, too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 9:31 am

Therapists are taking note of D&D's growing popularity and how RPGs can help children with behavioral issues improve their social skills.

For many therapists, the benefits of D&D are obvious because it is by definition role playing, character development, and conflict resolution, which are all major tenants of cognitive behavior therapy, a short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy treatment that takes a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving.  The goals of cognitive behavior therapies are (1) to change unhealthy or unhelpful patterns of thinking or behavior and (2) replace them with healthier and more productive alternatives.  Cognitive behavior therapy has been shown to effectively treat and help people manage a variety of mental illnesses including; depression, various types of anxiety, phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder, sleep disorders, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, substance abuse disorders, bipolar disorders, and schizophrenia, among others.

With the option of creating a fantastical world, hard to talk about issues can be addressed in a safe environment where kids can pretend to be someone else, get lost in the fantasy, and explore formerly unacknowledged aspects of their personality, as well as built empathy and interpersonal skills.  In these therapeutic settings everything from the interpersonal dynamics, to the degree of conflict, to even the pacing of the story can be carefully controlled to usher players into more complex and dynamic social scenarios that would otherwise prove overwhelming for kids suffering from behavioral challenges.

There are three pieces that must be put together for the cognitive behavior therapy to be effective:

1. Creating a therapeutic avatar that children can interact through.  This allows the player to engage and confront challenging material from behind the shield of their character.  They can test solutions and options, and try out different approaches to problems.

2. Creating a space to test actions and consequences.  Within that safe context of the game world, real-world effects do not discourage experimentation. This is not much different from the safe space and trust between a counselor or therapist or during a group session.

3. Creating full story and character arcs.  These are created by both the players and the Game Master (GM) and can be crafted with specific issues or concerns in mind.  This is a stage that can be the most rewarding and impacting, therefore it can also be the most challenging.

With D&D you must be social.  You must make decisions.  Yet, you also have impunity because -- for all practical purposes -- it is not you making the decision, it's your character; so it gives players a lot of leeway to explore aspects of themselves that they would not have otherwise.

But D&D is also based on chance, which teaches players how to deal with the simple probabilities of life.  There is no arguing with a die roll that represents random "luck", and that is important for players to understand as well.

Source Article:
How Dungeons And Dragons Is Helping Kids Open Up.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 10:13 am

Sounds like D & D could very well be productive, then.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 10:15 am

^ It is, and has been for over 40 years; although it's too bad that some people and organizations see anything other than religious worship to be the Devil's own work, and have therefore given D&D (and RPGs in general) a bum rap.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 12:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
^ It is, and has been for over 40 years; although it's too bad that some people and organizations see anything other than religious worship to be the Devil's own work, and have therefore given D&D (and RPGs in general) a bum rap.

it would appear your initial posting of this thread , attracted a fair share of posters and response from people whom may not have much experience in the Good Old version of D+D , Its obvious fnord that you have a fair share of hit points developed from just being and posting on WP .. a offering of one of my spare healing potions is offered as homage to your successes in your travels .
Covers herself in her blanket of invisibility . and goes "POOF" into tbe detrious of the far more distant threads

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 12:23 pm

I liked the original post.

I was gonna say that "reality is only for people who cant face Dungeons and Dragons".

But apparently, according Fnord, the two things (D+D and real life) have a lot more in common than one might expect.

Never actually played D+D, but was aware of it in college in the late Seventies because I got involved in the geek culture of sci fi and of war gaming. A phenom that attracted many of the dork persuasion who didn't know that they were aspies (because the dx didn't exist yet).

Played historical battle games (refighting Gettysburg, and Waterloo, and like that)with boards and dice. Missed a chance to go to a D+D party. These were games played on boards, with hand thrown dice, and tables, etc. No computers, no screens, no Xbox. All of that was in the future.