goldfish21 wrote:

A rather jolly looking virus :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 2:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
A rather jolly looking virus :lol:

Of COURSE viruses are jolly when they get to Om nom nom racists. Who wouldn’t be? :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 4:32 am

“A mob of the MAGA persuasion
Conducted a statehouse invasion.
Though heavily armed,
They parted unharmed,
And that’s how you know they‘re Caucasian.”

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 9:19 pm

We have reached the point even the nutters are making sense.

Lockdown is not equal to herd immunity, if 98% of positive tests are asymptomatic then its time to ditch these ridiculous lockdown laws.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 9:27 pm

But many positive cases ARE symptomatic. Many people I know in NYC had symptoms, including myself. One person I know has died. There have been at least 20,000 deaths in NYC.

Most people tested early on had relatively severe symptoms.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 9:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But many positive cases ARE symptomatic. Many people I know in NYC had symptoms, including myself. One person I know has died. There have been at least 20,000 deaths in NYC.

Most people tested early on had relatively severe symptoms.

I'd also like to see stats on how many people were positive but asymptomatic for quite a while, and then got very sick.

The problem is those people likely weren't tested when they were asymptomatic.

Everyone is saying "lots of people are asymptomatic", which is true, but no one knows how many of them were carrying the virus for quite a while before developing serious symptoms later on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 11:45 pm

This is like holding your breath underwater waiting for the COVID-19 virus to leave. Stay too long underwater and you drown.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 5:29 am

I can understand that coming from a locale where only 80-something fatalities occurred within about 2 million square miles.

But try telling that to residents of a locale of about 300 square miles, where about 20,000 fatalities occurred.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 10:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Ok I guess you are in overkill mode goldie...time to reel the line back in...

Deciding when to lift such a lockdown isn’t exactly a short simple answer question that can be answered with a calendar date. Like saaaay, Easter weekend for example. Unlike trump, I realize it’s complicated.

Why aren't you calling the shots, then? Someone as advanced as you should be in charge of everything!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 12:26 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Ok I guess you are in overkill mode goldie...time to reel the line back in...

Deciding when to lift such a lockdown isn’t exactly a short simple answer question that can be answered with a calendar date. Like saaaay, Easter weekend for example. Unlike trump, I realize it’s complicated.

Why aren't you calling the shots, then? Someone as advanced as you should be in charge of everything!

Just because I realize it’s complicated doesn’t mean I’m an expert in relaxing viral pandemic mitigation measures.

That said, I’m sure I’d have a look at more relevant data, statistics, and information to help make an informed decision than the Hollywood entertainers trump has tasked with figuring these things out. If they need someone on their team who’s actually studied quantitative methods for decision making at an Institute of Technology I’m available for contract consulting work.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 12:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can understand that coming from a locale where only 80-something fatalities occurred within about 2 million square miles.

But try telling that to residents of a locale of about 300 square miles, where about 20,000 fatalities occurred.

Even here where we’ve had 111 deaths in BC vs Quebec’s 2022 I still don’t want to see things relaxed too much too fast and then see a second wave much worse than the first.

One of my friends in Maine says people are pretty much doing what they want anyways, so F it just open everything already. He says even where masks are mandatory it’s not enforced so F it who cares no masks. I think this is a dangerous approach that they may regret in a month’s time.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:12 pm

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Melbourne and Sydney have similar population densities to locales you are referring to

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Melbourne and Sydney have similar population densities to locales you are referring to

No one referenced population densities. Kk mentioned covid fatality rates, not population densities.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 10:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

No one referenced population densities. Kk mentioned covid fatality rates, not population densities.

Actually fatalities/sq miles is relating to population spread = density

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 1:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Actually fatalities/sq miles is relating to population spread = density

And were there 20,000 fatalities in Melbourne or Sydney like there have been in NY?