Has anybody watched videos from Styxhexenhammer666?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2020, 6:08 pm

For the uninitiated, his name and style may be off-putting; he often rocks his shirt unbuttoned and nothing under it, he has long hair and a leather jacket. But I'd rather hear something accurate from somebody with questionable style than lies from a political hack in a suit, and Styx is known for very accurate political analysis.

He predicted the 2016 election very accurately and he was telling people to stock up for COVID-19 far before the US realized it was a big deal. He's very biased and opinionated but I personally find his commentary to be very enjoyable to listen to.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 12:45 am

not much lately, here () you can't search styxx, you can watch it, but finding is another matter,
ah that"s changed:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 7:05 pm

traven wrote:
not much lately, here () you can't search styxx, you can watch it, but finding is another matter,
ah that"s changed:

hmm. trump doesn't understand memes so much as he is one.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 7:21 pm

Styx is interesting in that he does mostly political commentary, and it's pretty good from something of a social libertarian and minarchist point of view and at the same time his side hobby has been - for a long time - translating renaissance occult texts (which he sells hard-bound on Amazon) and side-streaming what I'm guessing is probably at least three or four hundred short videos on esoteric topics. Either way though, as far as churning out videos, he's a beast. I just go to Minds and it seems like he's making two or three a day if not more sometimes.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 7:49 pm

I watched some now, but the video posted here is as good an example as any other.

I don't know how he reaches the conclusions he utters. They seem mere opinions.

In the video above he describes China as a paper tiger and overhyped - while economists call China a bit of a miracle in how it lifted its population out of abject poverty within one generation.
He says he expects more of India.
Really?

Apart from reading about both countries, I have also been there myself. India is currently a mess, and it's lavk of structure might not easily be fixed. I dont even think a religious nationalist can instate a functioning order there, because you'd have to create a new religion - one that accepts at least some scientific principles as truth. -
China has become the leading producer of all kinds of electronics and chinese domestic electronic products are outperforming the stuff that's sold by American brands -they have that know-how now.
But it took - and is still taking - quite the effort
And so far, I know nothing of India trying to produce any products that are complicated to make. Just lits of textile indusy.

So... India is likely going to figure out sooner or later how to become stronger, economically. But right now, it doesn't look like they have even entered into the same race that China has been in for decades.