Systemic oppression and "oppression olympics"

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2020, 10:52 am

There’s lots of sanctimony in activism. This irritates the hell out of me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2020, 2:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's almost as though activists are as imperfect as the rest of humanity. Perhaps they deserve the same leeway we'd insist other imperfect humans deserve, at least while we're concealing our own imperfect attitudes and behaviours.

Once we tire of concealing it, it's back to the same judgmental behaviours and lack of empathy for others shortcomings that we all tend to express at times.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2020, 2:35 pm

The Fact is Out in the New 'Wild'; the Flesh and Blood Place;
Even in 'Trump Town USA'; Long Religious Dresses; the 85 Percent;
the Majority of the 'Religious Right Wrong' Who Voted For Him; Eccentric is the New Black
Now; And 'Black' Is Basically The New Favorite Among Women at Dance Halls; There are still
Hold-outs From Older Generations; but other than the Internet where folks are not 'evolved' in
the 'Real World'; People Get along Just Fine; and Better than ever Before; but i hang around 'Fresh' People';
The Full Variety of the Human Race; When Social Interaction Was Open for Business; When i Grew up; 'Boy
You Don't Dare Smile or Cry; Or We will Basically Hurt Your for Not Being 'What' 'We Are'. The Boomer
Baby Generation Was Not Kind to People Who are Different; Have You Checked Out 'YouTube' 'these days'
And Who makes Money; even online; Eccentric is King and or Queen; Vanilla is Yesterday's Stale Bread of Life;

i don't See as much oppression;
As i see folks afraid to Be Free;

Honestly that's the New Oppression;
Repressions that come from Fear;

i do my best to show folks what
Free Looks Like; What A Bird in Flight Cares about:

In short:

Flight

It's True though i see the
"Mental Illness" In the Newest
Younger Generations; After all
At The Top We've Had 3 Years of Practical Nut;
What Trust is Left When The Top is one Big Circus of Lies.

At Least it was mostly Behind Closed Doors in 'Watergate' of the 70's; instead
of everyone to see the most ridiculous statements ever like the top wanting to shoot-up
Disinfectant as if Sniffing Glue wasn't Bad Enough for the Cultural Virus of My Younger Generation.

Oh Yeah; Then speaking of Repression; Sexual Repression
Was off the Charts for anyone and everyone possibly involved.

There is so much Freedom today;
But Unless That Freedom Lives as Fearless Within;
With a Healthy Trust of Love as Faith in Existential Intelligences Way;
If it does Live that Way when one Masters their own Regulation of
Emotions and Integrations of Senses too; Sticks and Stones are the
only worry, possible; unless someone is gonna take Your livelihood away; Biased Naturally Now; i don't have to worry.
About that; A Feathered Nest with No Economic Problems is probably definitely a greatest Privilege where God is Money.
Other than that Being White and Looking Like a Law Enforcement Officer at least Without my Tie Dye clothing;
Weighing 240 Pounds; Leg Pressing up to 1520 Pounds Max when the Gym was open at least; brings
a lot of Privilege; as no one bothers me when i Dance 13,077 Miles in Public Now; Most of what i've said here comes
from bias of Privilege that almost no one has where i for one live; but you see; i'm honest; my real Super Power in deed;
That Led to much of my Privilege for real; Honesty Truly is a Super Power That Brings Real Respect with 'Humans' at least.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 10:13 am

So someone in American society who is "not oppressed" at all would be a white man who is also heterosexual, cisgender, upper-middle class to upper class, vaguely Christian, with no physical or mental disability, who is a natural citizen of the United States, is recognized as white by those around him, and who speaks English as his first language.

Plenty of those people exist but probably no more than 5% of the population. That means *most people* are oppressed in some way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 10:43 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:
So someone in American society who is "not oppressed" at all would be a white man who is also heterosexual, cisgender, upper-middle class to upper class, vaguely Christian, with no physical or mental disability, who is a natural citizen of the United States, is recognized as white by those around him, and who speaks English as his first language.

Plenty of those people exist but probably no more than 5% of the population. That means *most people* are oppressed in some way.
If you pay any real attention to the Social Justice agenda and rhetoric, and dig into it deep enough, you will find:

* White people oppress non-whites simply by being white.
* Males oppress females simply by being male.
* Heterosexuals oppress LGBQ people simply by being heterosexual.
* Cis-gendered people oppress trans-gendered people simply by being cis-gendered.
* The upper socio-economic classes oppress the lower socio-economic classes simply by being of the upper socio-economic classes.
* Christians oppress non-Christians simply by being Christians.
* Able people oppress disabled people by simply being able.
* Citizens oppress non-citizens simply by being citizens.
* English-speaking people oppress non-English speaking people simply by speaking English.
* Married people oppress un-married people simply by being married.
* Men with girlfriends oppress men without girlfriends simply by having girlfriends.
* Happy people oppress unhappy people simply by being happy.
* Smart people oppress not-so-smart people simply by being smart.
* Educated people oppress uneducated people simply by being educated.
* Popular people oppress unpopular people simply by being popular.

In other words, anyone can oppress anyone else simply simply by being different. Being an SJW is not about pointing out where life is not “fair” and lifting up the “unfortunates” — it’s all about making successful people feel guilty for their successes, and dragging those successful people down to the same socio-economic level as those who cannot or will not even try.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 11:19 am

Fnord wrote:
Whale_Tuune wrote:

If you pay any real attention to the Social Justice agenda and rhetoric, and dig into it deep enough, you will find:

* White people oppress non-whites simply by being white.
* Males oppress females simply by being male.
* Heterosexuals oppress LGBQ people simply by being heterosexual.
* Cis-gendered people oppress trans-gendered people simply by being cis-gendered.
* The upper socio-economic classes oppress the lower socio-economic classes simply by being of the upper socio-economic classes.
* Christians oppress non-Christians simply by being Christians.
* Able people oppress disabled people by simply being able.
* Citizens oppress non-citizens simply by being citizens.
* English-speaking people oppress non-English speaking people simply by speaking English.
* Married people oppress un-married people simply by being married.
* Men with girlfriends oppress men without girlfriends simply by having girlfriends.
* Happy people oppress unhappy people simply by being happy.
* Smart people oppress not-so-smart people simply by being smart.
* Educated people oppress uneducated people simply by being educated.
* Popular people oppress unpopular people simply by being popular.

In other words, anyone can oppress anyone else simply simply by being different. Being an SJW is not about pointing out where life is not “fair” and lifting up the “unfortunates” — it’s all about making successful people feel guilty for their successes, and dragging those successful people down to the same socio-economic level as those who cannot or will not even try.

True they have expanded the definition of “privileged” to include nearly everybody for the purpose of weaponizing it.

What the the SJW’s do used to be called things like “blackmail” and “shaking people down”, “intimidation” , “thought/language policing” that is until SJW’s got enough influence to change acceptable wording.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 5:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
... What the the SJW’s do used to be called things like “blackmail” and “shaking people down”, “intimidation”, “thought/language policing”; that is, until SJW’s got enough influence to change acceptable wording.
When something as simple as a request to clarify one's previously-stated position is treated as a show of disrespect and micro-aggression, then I have to wonder if the quest for Social Justice is actually a desire for control over other people's thoughts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 5:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
... What the the SJW’s do used to be called things like “blackmail” and “shaking people down”, “intimidation”, “thought/language policing”; that is, until SJW’s got enough influence to change acceptable wording.
When something as simple as a request to clarify one's previously-stated position is treated as a show of disrespect and micro-aggression, then I have to wonder if the quest for Social Justice is actually a desire for control over other people's thoughts.

I don't wonder about that question.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 12:38 am

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I was a military veteran.  I served my country by emphasizing to others the values and ethos of that country...
Disregard my previous statement, then.  Emphasizing values and ethics to others is like expressing thoughts and prayers to disaster victims -- it's the very least someone can do while still claiming to have done something.

There's the old Fnord I have come to know.
Where have you been?
I was worried. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 1:20 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yup.
I would also call it moral elitism.
It presents me with a nasty mental image.
I can't stand it, either.

Last edited by Pepe on 27 Apr 2020, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 1:38 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:

Ironically, in regards to your statement, no.
Not anymore, in many situations, at least.
It feels like you can't look sideways these days if you are a late-middle-aged white moderate conservative male.

Here in Australia, there are some situations where one is considered a second class citizen.
It really depends on context, imo.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 8:27 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I was a military veteran.  I served my country by emphasizing to others the values and ethos of that country...
Disregard my previous statement, then.  Emphasizing values and ethics to others is like expressing thoughts and prayers to disaster victims -- it's the very least someone can do while still claiming to have done something.
There's the old Fnord I have come to know.  Where have you been?  I was worried.
I've been here all along, trying to see if being a "Kinder, Gentler Fnord" would change how people treat me.

It hasn't.

It's good to be back.

:twisted:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 10:56 am

Whale_Tuune wrote:

Smiles; In General, Weak Humans Weak of Love Within...
Feeling Whole And Happy in Joy From Head to Toe Have No 'Reason'
To Oppress as When this Happiness of Joy; Yes, Love Lives Within For Real
Love Does Not Oppress; Love Needs No Worship; Love is No Size, Shape, or Even
Form Love; Nope, Not Even a Four Letter Word
Is the
Energy
Within; Yes, Senses
Love Synergy SPiRiT
oF EMoTioNS NoW
YeS ETeRNaLLY
WiTHIN
Flows
Water
River
Ocean
Whole Blood of LiFE LoVE
MaKinG LiFE GooD NoW; Pay
Grade, Pay Rate, Currency of Breath
ReAlly Living Spirit Wind Within Worthy of a Name Like 'God'.

SMiLes, my FRiEnD; If one Does Not Have 'That';
One Does Not Have Anything Worth 'Really Living';
Labels or Shallow Depth of Love; No Limits to Breathe Free...

i saw the Systematic Oppression and Oppression Olympics Die Long ago..

i
killed
IT Within
And Replaced IT With 'Breath' Burying IT Outside my Living Breathing Soul (Love)...

Yeah Yeah; It's easier if one Stands Tall in Love Without Fear; 'Some' 'Work'
Harder/More Gifted Within...

i Saw a Gorilla Hugging a Kitten; A Feral Killer Cat Become a Lap Cat;

It's Possible....

It's 'Funny'; This is not
A Place THere will likely
Ever Be A Thread about
The Love Olympics; Of Course
Dead Words Don't Dance or Sing...

Most People Mistake me
For Law Enforcement; at least
When i can get a Hair-Cut;
True even a
Hairy White
Silver Back
Gorilla
Will
Be
Love; LiVinG Without A 'Mask'...

Simply
Heaven as
LonG as A SMiLE
Feels Ground Beneath my Love.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 7:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
There's the old Fnord I have come to know.  Where have you been?  I was worried.
I've been here all along, trying to see if being a "Kinder, Gentler Fnord" would change how people treat me.

It hasn't.

It's good to be back.

:twisted:

Good to see. :mrgreen:

It was so obvious that something was going on.
I had thought you were bucking for moderatorship,
As a result of your more left-wing, warm a-and-fuzzy approach.

We all know, that in order to join the fold,
A progressive-leaning philosophical orientation is essential. 8)

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a right-wing man to enter the kingdom of moderator gods, here."

Glad you finally came to your senses. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 7:17 pm

aghogday wrote:

The "Warm and Fuzzies" are so, so, so, BORING! :roll:
A lot more fun,
And intellectually stimulating,
To have a coffee and a chat with Beelzebub. 8)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 8:26 pm

Pepe wrote:
aghogday wrote:

The "Warm and Fuzzies" are so, so, so, BORING! :roll:
A lot more fun,
And intellectually stimulating,
To have a coffee and a chat with Beelzebub. 8)

Meh..
i'd Rather Dance...
Get More Warm
And Fuzzies with
Just A Smile and
No Words... at all...
Always Have... Works for me now
at least... 60 Years-Old on '6.6.6'0
Hehe SPeaKinG of LuCiFeR and the
such... Is not too Old for Smiles... Not Feeling
Much Oppression these days.. anyway...
I'm Always Happy And Life is Just Bliss
Fun how that works... hmm... Perhaps
i'm 'the Devil' too but so long ago.... Seems difficult to Remember..now...
In Short and Long Life is Good to me at least.. With Smiles.. A Free Dance A Free Song Works for me too..

With Totally Empty Pockets complete.