Do women simply just dislike Aspie men?

Page 60 of 61 [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 4:28 am

I actually think single people of either gender have freedoms but women certainly do better on their own (no argument there :o )

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 4:42 am

As an aspie woman I have an appreciation of aspie men, specifically self aware ASD men...

The type of communication, perspective on the world and the tendency to be a committed partner are things I particularly appreciate.

I see the executive functioning issues, I have them too. I want the form my challenges take, to be accommodated by my partner, as I will accommodate his.

Once things are balanced fairly, there shouldn't be unresolvable issues.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 4:44 am

Amity wrote:
I see the executive functioning issues, I have them too. I want the form my challenges take, to be accommodated by my partner, as I will accommodate his..

A happy trade off...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:02 am

hurtloam wrote:
In traditional gender roles women seem to mummy men who don't know how to cook or use a word ashing machine or organise how to get the family together.

Men might want to kill the robber who tries to murder their family in their sleep as "protection", but women pick up all the stupid crap men won't do.

In the 21st century we don't need men in our homes giving us more work to do.

I've been messed around by guys so much I've realised my life is actually pretty good, why would I want a hanger in dragging my standard of living down anyway. They bring me nothing but pain. They can go live their selfish little lives out of my face.

Wow.
This conversation is becoming a wild ride. 8O

Does what you say apply to me, also?
I am a man, so I must want a woman to "mummy" me? :scratch:

My point is:
You are making a huge generalisation.

Let me guess.
You were involved with NT men?

But getting back to the thread title:
Do you simply just dislike Aspie men? :mrgreen:

BTW,
I agree that not everyone is suited to a significant other relationship.
And there is no reason they should be.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:06 am

hurtloam wrote:
That's why I can't be bothered trying to make friends anymore. It's always me organising things. The 2 I've kept over the years put in an equal effort

I can be your platonic friend,
As long as you clean up after me. :mrgreen:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Amity wrote:
I see the executive functioning issues, I have them too. I want the form my challenges take, to be accommodated by my partner, as I will accommodate his..

A happy trade off...

Once it's fair, as it has the potential to be where both people practice self awareness, yes.

I mean if I cant accommodate an aspie partner in this situation, how could I expect anyone to ever accommodate my challenges. In any situation.

Should I internalise the bias that exists about us in wider society, should I inflict harm on myself in this way? No thanks.

I could internalise/hide my difficulties, mask, pretend to be a different version of me, but that's not gonna be sustainable and ultimately be wasted energy, time and opportunities.
Not to mention the harm done to another person through my deception.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
I actually think single people of either gender have freedoms but women certainly do better on their own (no argument there :o )

Can they build retaining walls?
Can they build in the alfresco area?
Can they take out huntsman spiders? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:15 am

Amity wrote:
As an aspie woman I have an appreciation of aspie men, specifically self aware ASD men...

The type of communication, perspective on the world and the tendency to be a committed partner are things I particularly appreciate.

Not to mention how most aspie men are so desperate to have a girlfriend, they will do anything to keep them. :mrgreen:

Amity wrote:
I see the executive functioning issues, I have them too. I want the form my challenges take, to be accommodated by my partner, as I will accommodate his.

I used to think aspies naturally embrace being fair-minded/equitable.
After 7 years of WP, I am not too sure any longer. 8O

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:26 am

Pepe wrote:
Amity wrote:

Not to mention how most aspie men are so desperate to have a girlfriend, they will do anything to keep them. :mrgreen:

Amity wrote:

I used to think aspies naturally embrace being fair-minded/equitable.
After 7 years of WP, I am not too sure any longer. 8O

Hate to confirm, but no as a group we dont embrace being equitable, some do, just like in wider society.

Many of us have not had the opportunity to explore our potential, I've spent most of my life masking and defended that way of being as it formed part of my identity.

To challenge this way of being was perceived by me as an attack on me personally, how could it not be.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:29 am

Pepe wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
That's why I can't be bothered trying to make friends anymore. It's always me organising things. The 2 I've kept over the years put in an equal effort

Hmm, depends on the... How shall I put this... Level of skunk odour

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:52 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Can they build retaining walls?
Can they build in the alfresco area?
Can they take out huntsman spiders? :mrgreen:

Yes, of course they can lol.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:58 am

Pepe wrote:

Let me guess.
You were involved with NT men?

But getting back to the thread title:
Do you simply just dislike Aspie men? :mrgreen:

BTW,
I agree that not everyone is suited to a significant other relationship.
And there is no reason they should be.

No not NT men. The only guys who give me the time of day are odd. Last one told me he was on the spectrum. To be fair I didn't have to do anything for them. We never got too closely behind involved. They always say we're just friends.

The most I've done for a man was just a friend and it was very rewarding because he was always amazed at how I sorted things out, but I could never live with him.

I'm learning from other women's experiences. The only guy who would have a friend of mine is not nuerotypical. She's totally burned out and unhappy, but won't leave because she's scared to be on her own and thinks no one else would have her. She's not the only one I know.

That is not a life I want.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 5:59 am

hurtloam wrote:
Pepe wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Hmm, depends on the... How shall I put this... Level of skunk odour

How many times do I have to say I had my glands removed! Sheesh. :roll: :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 6:03 am

I want no woman to mummy me.

I am allergic to bandage.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 6:27 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/women-happy-children-spouse-partner-relationship-unmarried-a8931816.html

Quote:
He said: “You see a single woman of 40, who has never had children – ‘Bless, that’s a shame, isn’t it? Maybe one day you’ll meet the right guy and that’ll change.’ No, maybe she’ll meet the wrong guy and that’ll change. Maybe she’ll meet a guy who makes her less happy and healthy, and die sooner

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 1:43 pm

Well, googling stay-at-home mum stats, there's about 1 for every 11 moms in the UK who are stay-at-home mum; in the US it's about 1 in 5.

And the husbands of these stay-at-home mums are well likely....married/partnered.

And the latest UK stats on the workhouse:

As you can see, the women do much more.

So a lot of married men are in a way, "mummied" by their wives actually, yet this didn't stop these men to get married after all, right?

The point that I am trying to make:
- The lack of "mummy skills" doesn't necessarily render the man unmarriagable, a lot of married men do little to no house works.
- The existence of "mummy skills" doesn't guarantee a man to not be single either; it's actually an invisible thing; it's not printed on the men's forehead, you as women you will discover that he lacks these skills after living with that man for a while or at least visiting his living place frequently.
- A single man with a lot of mummy skills will not gain points of sexual attraction, since...like I said above, you will not know about it in first impression. In the dating world, the typical rejection reason by a woman is usually "You are not my type" and not "Because you don't know how to do laundry".