Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AprilSummer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2020, 12:34 am

Hello I'm April. I'm here to seek help cause of bad anxiety and pains which are totally destroying me. I have Aspergers Syndrome which I was diagnosed with in 2011 and since losing my mum in 2016 my anxiety has just gone out of control but I'd like to get back in control of it as right now life isn't very fun

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 2:55 am

Hi April! Welcome to wrongplanet :D

Anxiety is awful to deal with (and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss). :( I've been there, but it is possible to improve. I still get very anxious, but for the most part, it doesn't have the same grip on my life it once had. What have you tried to help with it so far? Do you have any hobbies that you're able to lose yourself (and not get anxious) in?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 3:17 am

Hi April. I am really sorry to hear about your loss. It must be really hard. Is your dad still alive? Do you have any other sibblings?

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 3:32 am

My condolences :(

Welcome to WP: hopefully you will find some support and solace here. :heart:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 3:43 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AprilSummer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2020, 5:16 am

Hi thanks to everyone for your words and support, I appreciate it a lot at such difficult times.

Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
Hi April! Welcome to wrongplanet :D

Anxiety is awful to deal with (and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss). :( I've been there, but it is possible to improve. I still get very anxious, but for the most part, it doesn't have the same grip on my life it once had. What have you tried to help with it so far? Do you have any hobbies that you're able to lose yourself (and not get anxious) in?

Thank you for your words. I'm so sorry you have to live through anxiety as well. I find it almost impossible at times, especially lately it has been unbearable resulting in all sorts which isn't good for me. I play the guitar and usually that takes me into a safe zone where I almost feel like anxiety can't get to me. I also take my dog for walks which helps a little as well. I used to go swimming which also helped but that's not possible at the moment so mostly I'm staying in and trying to find things to do to help with it.

QFT, sorry I couldn't see how to quote you as well. My dad is alive but we're not so close and he's never really been there for me usually too drunk I suppose. I have no siblings sadly so it can be lonely at times. Growing up it was just me and mum and until she died I'd never been so close to anybody else, now it feels like a huge piece of me is missing.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 5:43 am

Welcome to WP and sorry to hear of your loss.

Anxiety is something that quite of us here suffer from. Over time you will be able to talk about the strategies that others use which should be helpful in some way?

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 6:23 am

It is a nice month of the year to have a name. Welcome to Wrong Planet.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2020, 11:20 am

AprilSummer wrote:
QFT, sorry I couldn't see how to quote you as well. My dad is alive but we're not so close and he's never really been there for me usually too drunk I suppose. I have no siblings sadly so it can be lonely at times. Growing up it was just me and mum and until she died I'd never been so close to anybody else, now it feels like a huge piece of me is missing.

I am also the only child. Although my situation is opposite to yours: my mom is the only one in my family still alive. My dad died back in 2012 and my mom's mom died in 2017. I am sorry to hear that your dad is usually drunk. I was blessed to have the kind of family that doesn't drink, but I heard some stories of people who have drunk parents and its awful, I can't imagine what its like. So did your mom die from the old age or from some specific sickness?