Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 1:27 am

I'm in the same situation as you, Aspie Pie. Masks are a new thing here. I've worn one to the shops twice and I didn't feel good about it.

Next week I'm doing volunteer work at a second hand shop and I'll have to wear a mask all day. I don't know how I'll cope, honestly. I have a black cloth mask which is meant to be more comfortable but I still feel like I can't breathe properly. Plus it's summer here and I sweat from my face a lot. I probably wouldn't mind so much if it were winter.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 1:34 am

I have several types of face masks but they all cause my glasses to fog. A little while back I went to a furniture store with my grandmother and I ended up storming out to get the mask off my face. It was too closed in and overwhelming, I felt like I was an astronaut or a scuba diver.

I grew a beard a couple of months ago and found that it pads the mask away from my face somewhat, which made it more bearable, though it does make the mask less effective.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2021, 4:59 am

at first, i was embarrassed with wearing one just in case i saw someone i knew, but after while, it became second nature to wear one in public. i don't wear one when i'm outside walking around, but when i'm at the store or anywhere inside, i'll wear one. my apartment building has us wearing one when we're in the hallways, elevator and in the lobby which i didn't do at the beginning since i never run into anyone when i'm entering and exiting my building, but i feel bad if i don't wear one so much sure i have one either in my pocket or in my bag.

XSara
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2021, 4:19 pm

masks really do bother me: they fog up my glasses, the elastics hurt, the cotton that is always touching my face bothers me because of my tactile issues. but i must be strong to protect myself and other people. i have a sort of sense of duty. if everybody wore masks this pandemic would be over sooner. even the masks hurts us, we should wear them if we go outside, or we should lock ourselves at home if we can't do that. i'm not condemning anyone, everyone should do what they can do oviously :D . peace

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 9:57 pm

My issue with face masks is that people have a hard time understanding me for obvious reasons.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2021, 6:52 pm

Gee-golly-gosh, after reading these posts I feel very fortunate :) I really don't mind wearing a mask at all, I just need to remember to lower my glasses about 3/8" down my nose: I guess my actually being scuba certified comes into play somehow as to not feeling claustrophobic? I also make my own very high quality masks: I prefer to have them tie in the back so I can keep them tight. No, I'm not bragging, I'm just stating why I feel fortunate is all :D

Every now and then I'll see someone wearing only a splash-shield: that does almost no good at all in protecting someone because it isn't filtering anything. Other times I see people masked up but their nose is sticking out: this makes as much sense as standing behind a bedroom door and hoping it will stop a bullet.

BTW, not even an N95 will stop the virus if the viral-load is big enough, but it will help to catch the stray particles.

DIVAIR

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2021, 5:10 pm