Elon Musk: Gee Whiz that sounds like what an Aspie would say

Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 10:00 am

jimmy m wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote "I wonder if he'll set aside three hours per week to spend with his child, in addition to the three hours he's apportioned for his girlfriend, or whether that time will be combined."

It is not one of the traits of very high performing Aspie males:

-------------------------------
When Einstein’s marriage began to break down he presented his wife with the following contract that detailed what he expected of her if the relationship was to continue:

CONDITIONS:
1. You will make sure
- that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
- that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
- that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.
2. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, you will forego
- my sitting at home with you;
- my going out or traveling with you.
3. You will obey the following points in your relations with me:
- you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way; - you will stop talking to me if I request it;
- you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.
4. You will undertake not to belittle me in front of our children, either through words or behavior.

Einstein’s son Eduard struggled with mental illness and attempted suicide, eventually dying in a psychiatric hospital. Einstein had not visited Eduard for more than thirty years prior to his son’s death. His other son, Hans Albert, is quoted as saying, "Probably the only project he ever gave up on was me."

:( That's quite sad.

I wonder if anyone has ever named their child after the number Pi. It's probably been done already. TBH, it's kind of boring that people try to be that different. Like, wow, their child is an equation or number or whatever. :?

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2020, 10:01 am

@quiteanextreme

Quote:
He wasn't just calculating like she might have been.
By using google, you can easily find out he and his first wife met before he was rich. Alternatively you could actually read the article which I referred to and linked in my post, beause it's written in there too. You don't have to of course, but if you want to talk about it, then it's better to do some research instead of inventing things.
Quote:
Why?
Quote:
So what's the problem with it?
I don't even know if I truly need to explain this to an adult. Of course, various people are into various things, and to each their own. 'Why?' To me it doesn't sound good in any way, so that is why I typed in my post that it doesn't sound good. If some weddings are made more romantic by the man uttering the words: "I am the alpha male in this relationship" to his wife while dancing with her, and both enjoy that kind of dynamic, that's nice for them. Being treated like an employee by your partner is unenjoyable to many people. I don't think it's my job to explain to you why it is unenjoyable. If you want to know why she wasn't too happy with it, then read for yourself about why she had a problem with it.

Quote:
That she disliked to share his goals?

I never wrote that. I don't know where you got that from.
Quote:
He kept her because he liked her.

I never wrote that he didn't like her.

:flower:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 12:29 pm

Hi Lely, I'm not interested enough in celebrities to google details of their relationships or their history of life. They are the ones who have to like each other and to live with each other. :wink: May be they were talking this way towards each other. But even then you don't know whether they were just joking around with each other.
"Get me a beer!" - "I'm not your employee." - "If you were my employee, I would fire you."
That kind of talking isn't a rare thing of people. Who on earth cares? :mrgreen:

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2020, 12:49 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
Hi Lely, I'm not interested enough in celebrities to google details of their relationships or their history of life. They are the ones who have to like each other and to live with each other. :wink: May be they were talking this way towards each other. But even then you don't know whether they were just joking around with each other.
"Get me a beer!" - "I'm not your employee." - "If you were my employee, I would fire you."
That kind of talking isn't a rare thing of people. Who on earth cares? :mrgreen:

Justine Musk herself has come forward and provided the information that his wasn't just the way they liked to talk to each other, so again your uninformed speculations are innecessary and don't hold a lot of weight against her own descriptions.

Quote:
Who on earth cares?
Then why did you go into a "celebrity" thread that is discussing what that "celebrity" has said that might make him seem a certain way? Then why reply to my post in particular, to ask me about what my problem with some of the things Mr. Musk has said is? And then you were even going further by just making speculations about his ex-wife's evil intentions, what she supported, what their goals were, the reason he married her? :lol: I can't anymore. :lol:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 1:07 pm

Hard work and determination to be rich will not a billionaire make.

Justine Musk, the first wife to the Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk, didn't sugarcoat it for readers when she shared her thoughts on what it takes to be a billionaire.

Musk posted on Q&A site Quora in response to one user's question: "Will I become a billionaire if I am determined to be one and put in all the necessary work required?"

She responded abruptly: "No."

"One reason they become the entrepreneurs they become is because they can't or don't or won't fit into the structures and routines of corporate life," she wrote. "They are dyslexic, they are autistic, they have ADD, they are square pegs in round holes, they piss people off, get into arguments, rock the boat, laugh in the face of paperwork."

Source: Want to be a billionaire? Elon Musk's ex explains how

In My Humble Opinion, there are two types of Aspies - those that painfully try to fit into society and those that don't. The goal of every Aspie should be to become a Nonconformist.

Quotes on Non-Conformists

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Rob Siltanen: Apple, "Think Different" campaign

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed. - Albert Einstein

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. - Voltaire

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A "normal" person is the sort of person that might be designed by a committee. You know, "Each person puts in a pretty color and it comes out gray." - Alan Sherman

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche

The average man is a conformist, accepting miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain. - Colin Wilson

Freedom began on the day the first sheep wandered away from the herd. ― Marty Rubin

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 3:59 pm

Lely wrote:
Then why did you go into a "celebrity" thread that is discussing what that "celebrity" has said that might make him seem a certain way?

I was a bit curious about it because Musk is sometimes kind of funny direct with his opinion and a bit just because of you. :wink: At least Musk tries to realize his ideas and what he thinks it should to be done. But of course he has an idea of science and technology in opposite to most people who aren't really brighter than chimps if it comes to this.

Lely wrote:
Then why reply to my post in particular, to ask me about what my problem with some of the things Mr. Musk has said is?

I wouldn't care reporters to much. They are rather idiots once it comes to the private life of celebrities. Beside of this it doesn't really counts. It's the same as the private life of the president. It doesn't counts because the only thing that really counts is what he does for his country. Only idiots and women give something on his private affairs which are totally unimportant for the country. May be this sounds a bit too 'like what an aspie would say' because social media use all of this to manipulate the opinion of the average 'bright' people for political purposes. Just like the nonsense Trump did say about women more then ten years before his election. That Killary was responsible for the death of many people in Lybia wasn't even worth to be mentioned. :twisted: :skull:

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2020, 4:46 pm

quite an extreme wrote:

I wouldn't care reporters to much. They are rather idiots once it comes to the private life of celebrities. Beside of this it doesn't really counts.

After I have written in the 3 previous posts to you that Justine Musk has written the article herself, it should be sufficiently clear to you that it was not a random reporter who wrote it. However, it is obviously not clear to you at all. I can't help you. I don't even know what you want.
Quote:
At least Musk tries to realize his ideas and what he thinks it should to be done.
I don't have anything against him or his projects. Maybe look for a thread that discusses his projects and not his social behaviour and things he says. I have pointed out in this thread which is talking about the behaviour of Musk, that his wife, by providing her own self-written article about life with Musk, has explained some things that were off with him.
Quote:
It's the same as the private life of the president. It doesn't counts because the only thing that really counts is what he does for his country. Only idiots and women give something on his private affairs which are totally unimportant for the country. May be this sounds a bit too 'like what an aspie would say' because social media use all of this to manipulate the opinion of the average 'bright' people for political purposes. Just like the nonsense Trump did say about women more then ten years before his election. That Killary was responsible for the death of many people in Lybia wasn't even worth to be mentioned. :twisted: :skull:

If you don't like people talking about the social behaviour of someone, then it's simple: don't click on this thread just to critisize people here as idiots, or saying women are on level with idiots. Don't you have anything better to do?

"Only idiots and women" sounds like something only idiots and sexists say anyway.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 5:25 pm

Lely wrote:
"Only idiots and women" sounds like something only idiots and sexists say anyway.

Why? Average women care different things than average men do and no man beside of an infantile idiot gives a s**t about some sexual trash talking of an other guys years ago. For this the only targets of this were women and really infantile idiots. Without those they wouldn't have made it a big thing in the media. :wink: It's not at all sexists to assume that men know better then women what kind of s**t men are talking to each other and that men do care this less. :mrgreen:

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2020, 1:39 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Lely wrote:

Why? Average women care different things than average men do and no man beside of an infantile idiot gives a s**t about some sexual trash talking of an other guys years ago.

First of all, it's interesting what things you keep inventing. So now there was also sexual information spread about him, aha.
Secondly, if you are coming in this thread claiming to know why he was with her, what her relationship goals were, and that she was exploiting him, and even what sexual stuff was going on (you're the only one who knows about any of these things...), and you are not a woman, then it follows you must be an infantile idiot. And better than a Klatschpresse with all the stuff about them that you are coming up with.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 6:22 am

Lely wrote:
First of all, it's interesting what things you keep inventing. So now there was also sexual information spread about him, aha.
Secondly, if you are coming in this thread claiming to know why he was with her, what her relationship goals were, and that she was exploiting him, and even what sexual stuff was going on (you're the only one who knows about any of these things...), and you are not a woman, then it follows you must be an infantile idiot. And better than a Klatschpresse with all the stuff about them that you are coming up with.

Hey why so aggressive? You should calm and to relax a bit more again. :wink: :mrgreen: If it comes to me then I do care the ones who come up with such nonsense and why they are doing this but don't give a s**t on the nonsense they come up with. But NTs especially women like being manipulative and many NTs do like to become manipulated. To me it's strange but that's the way the world is. That's just what happened then. The targets of this nonsense were naive women and idiots. I do remember such stuff because it's good to know the way your enemies are. Best is to know others better then they even know themself especiall if they don't have nice intentions. :twisted:
Guess you think you are immune if it comes to being manipulated and you don't give a s**t once they come with some bragging of sexual nonsense that an ongoing president came up once. Guess most american women gave more on this s**t than on the dead people Killary has been responsible for. Of course it were north african people only and may be you like if they are all killed before they come to Germany. :skull: :twisted: :skull: It's something Killary may have been good for of course. But she wouldn't have cared the lifes of american soldiers as well. May be it had been a win win for Germany and thats why the social media here are against Trump as much. :mrgreen: </irony>

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2020, 7:54 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Hey why so aggressive? You should calm and to relax a bit more again. :wink:
If it comes to me then I do care the ones who come up with such nonsense and why they are doing this but don't give a s**t on the nonsense they come up with. But NTs especially women like being manipulative and many NTs do like to become manipulated. To me it's strange but that's the way the world is. That's just what happened then. The targets of this nonsense were naive women and idiots. I do remember such stuff because it's good to know the way your enemies are. Best is to know others better then they even know themself especiall if they don't have nice intentions. :twisted:
Guess you think you are immune if it comes to being manipulated and you don't give a s**t once they come with some bragging of sexual nonsense that an ongoing president came up once. Guess most american women gave more on this s**t than on the dead people Killary has been responsible for. Of course it were north african people only and may be you like if they are all killed before they come to Germany. :skull: :twisted: :skull: It's something Killary may have been good for of course. But she wouldn't have cared the lifes of american soldiers as well. May be it had been a win win for Germany and thats why the social media here are against Trump as much. :mrgreen: </irony>

lol, you are the one popping into a thread that doesn't interest you just to accuse the people in here, as well as women in general of behaving like infantile idiots, and when I point out to you that if anyone falls into that category by your own definition, that it's you - I am saying aggressive things? lol. I just pointed out to you that you are the very thing that you think women are. :lol: And then you continue the post complaining about women being evil manipulators, "Killary", saying that I might be prone to manipulation regarding sexual information concerning the president (wtf?), evil NT women, blabla, enemies, Trump, African people, immigrants, social media..... :roll: How is that incoherent rambling even related to this thread. :lmao:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:55 am

Lely wrote:
:roll: How is that incoherent rambling even related to this thread. :lmao:

Oh - I care you and your political horizon - not really the stuff we are talking about. I'm still not against you of course but it's still kind of fun to annoy you. :wink: Of course it's not at all really important to me. And who on earth cares really dead african people once it comes to women power? :queen: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :mrgreen: :lmao:

Last edited by quite an extreme on 10 May 2020, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2020, 8:58 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Lely wrote:
:roll: How is that incoherent rambling even related to this thread. :lmao:

Oh - I care you and your political horizon - not really the stuff we are talking about. I'm still not against you of course but it's still kind of fun to annoy you. :wink: Of course it's not at all really important to me. And who on earth cares really dead african people once it comes to women power? :queen: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :mrgreen: :lmao:
Just tell honesty - did you even care at all before? :lmao:

maybe get a hobby then

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 11:40 am

The rules to posting on this message board are detailed here.
WrongPlanet Rules. You Must Read This Before Posting.

Inappropriate conduct includes:

1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members; violent or sexually demeaning content; sexual fetish; and discussion of excretory function. Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

Since I originated this thread, I requests all members who post on this thread to keep these rules in mind. The subject is Elon Musk.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 4:49 pm

Sorry for the cynicism. :?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 5:54 pm

If you are going to arrest anyone, I ask that you arrest me!

Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed Monday he's flouting county rules by reopening a Northern California plant amid concerns over safety during the coronavirus crisis, tweeting: "I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me."

The parking lot of the Fremont, Calif., facility was full, Fox 2 reported, even as Musk and Almeda County officials continue to spar over shelter-in-place rules that have prevented the electric-vehicle giant from reopening since March 23.

Musk tweeted, "Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me." He also wrote: "California approved, but an unelected county official illegally overrode. Also, all other auto companies in US are approved to resume. Only Tesla has been singled out. This is super messed up!"

Source: Elon Musk reopens Tesla factory closed by coronavirus: 'If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me'