Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2020, 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm back from my break.

I've learned a lot over Lent and Easter, the Lord revealed to me that my biggest flaw is cynicism, I have an excessively cynical attitude. Cynicism comes from the intellect, so I'm working on the cardinal virtue of prudence to right my intellect; just as I worked on the virtue of fortitude last winter to right my irascible appetite.

A key problem I have is a horrible habit of bottling things up. In my teenage years, I developed this habit of bottling my anger to avoid the problems that it causes. When I reverted to the Catholic Faith, I was attending a secular college and as I attended classes after reverting, sorry to be blunt about this but, I was like, "wow, these people really hate us! They really think we Catholics are evil and a plague against humanity!" So I was in a very difficult situation at college where I wanted to speak up, but was unable to because, I knew I had intense anger and was not being able to control it; I had uncertainty about not knowing enough, and where our conversations would lead if I spoke up; and the social anxiety in general of how others would view me; that in-turn led to frustration, guilt, shame, and deep resentment, and thus there became a vicious cycle of wanting to speak up, not being able to, and bottling more and more anger and resentment.

So for a long time, I've been going about with this bottled-up anger and exploding every now and then. I am getting better though, as I've mentioned above. I'm quite confident by the summertime, when I'll be posting my rational dialogue on a defense of the Church's Teaching on Sexual Morality, (I'll probably be posting it in August, but we'll see.) I should have all these issues corrected. In the meantime, I'll be posting questions on Politics, Philosophy, and Religion thread in which I'll try to really understand and gather information on the other side's point-of-view and what they mean; in fact, I'll be posting one question in a couple of hours from now. I'll also of course, be posting casual stuff here and there on site for conversational purposes.

Thanks, that is all.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:03 pm

Good to see you back.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2020, 3:49 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Good to see you back.

Thank you! Glad to be back on her. :)

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 8:01 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)