A Song By a Mother of an Autistic Child, and More on Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

TimmyTurnerFan1
Raven
Raven

06 May 2020, 7:29 am

Also posted on Deviantart https://www.deviantart.com/willm3luvtra ... -839918847

Image My fanart of autistic cartoon characters (From Left to Right: Pablo (From the show with the same name,) Julia (from "Sesame Street,") Carl Gould (from "Arthur,") Andy (from "Caillou,") and Dennis the Deinocheirus (from "Dinosaur Train.")

And now a song by a mother of an autistic son. I won't reveal the name until after the lyrics but some of you might already know this song and its singer, who's one of my most favorite singers in the world. And I want to do this from my heart.

And now without further ado, the lyrics:

"(Verse 1)
You could give me one good reason
Why I should believe you
Believe in all the things that you tell me
I would sure like to believe you,
My heart wants to receive you
Just make me know that you are sincere.

You know I'd love for you to lead me
And follow through completely,
So won't you give me all I ask for
If you give your very best
To bring me happiness,
I'll show you just how much I adore you.

(Chorus)
'Cause you mean the world to me,
You are my everything,
I swear the only thing that matters,
Matters to me.
Oh baby baby baby baby baby
'Cause you mean so much
To me.

(Verse 2)
Now it's gonna take some workin',
But I believe it's worth it,
Long as your intentions are good,
So good.
There is just one way to show it,
And boy I hope you know it,
That no one can love you like I could!

Lord Knows I want to trust you
And always how I'd love you,
But I'm not sure if love is enough.
And I will not be forsaken,
And I hope there's no mistaken,
So tell me that you'll always be true

(Chrous)
You are my everything,
Matters to me.
Oh baby baby baby baby baby.
'Cause you mean so much
To me

You mean the world to me,
You are my everything,
Matters to me.
Oh baby baby baby baby baby,
'Cause you mean so much
To me.

Oh yeah!

(Bridge)
There's a feeling in my heart that I know I can't escape.
So please don't let me fall,
Don't let it be too late!
There's a time when words are good and they just get in the way,
So tell me how you feel,
Baby I'm for real!
Woah baby baby baby baby baby

(Chorus)
You are my everything,
Matters to me.
'Cause you mean so much
To me.
Baby you mean the world to me,
You are my everything,
Matters to me.
Cause you mean so much,
To me,

You mean the world to me.
You are my everything.
The only thing that really really really matters,
(Matters to me.)
Oh baby baby baby baby baby,
Cause you mean so much
To me"

(End (my version of this))

So in case you didn't figure it out, that was "You Mean The World To Me," by Toni Braxton. These are the real actual lyrics to her song. genius.com/Toni-braxton-you-me…
And to hear the song yourself: realmusicpleer.com/#!98ee90cfb… You gotta listen to it! Okay you don't gotta but I'd like it if you did, you'd love it!

Yes, Toni Braxton is a mother of an autistic boy, just like my mother, except my mother is not a professional singer but I love my mother anyway and I love her even more than Braxton! My mother and Braxton have something else in common and Braxton is older than my mother, she was born the year before. But Braxton is one of my most favorite singers in the world and has been since I was 11 years old, and her song "You Mean The World To Me," is one of, probably her most, beautiful songs ever and one of my most favorite songs by her, next to "Let it Flow!" "You Mean The World To Me" sounds so beautiful I almost wanna cry just listening to it! (Tears of joy) :D + :cry: (this forum needs a happy cry smilie IMO!) But thankfully I don't feel like crying right now and don't really want to!

I understand this is a love song, a romantic love song and it is, but to me, now it sounds like more than that! This shouldn't just be a romantic love song, like between spouses or between boyfriends and girlfriends, this should be a general love song, like the love between a parent and his/her child, love between siblings, (note I'm not suggesting incest!,) and love between friends. And since Braxton is the mother of an autistic son, although I don't know him well, and I'm sort of glad her son is autistic, although it's not all that good, and I couldn't be prouder if she was not a mother of an autistic child (I mean that in all the good ways!) And seeing how beautiful this particular song is to me, now I like to associate this song with autistic people and their parents, especially to be honest their mothers, including my own, but fathers can and should be included too. This also includes fictional autistic characters like Carl Gould Carl Image from "Arthur," Julia from "Sesame Street," Pablo from the show with the same name, Andy from "Callou," and Dennis from "Dinosaur Train," and now to any future autistic cartoon character yet to exist (and I hope that will be so!) I suppose this song can also apply to cartoon characters we think or want to think have autism like Nonny from "Bubble Guppies," Dil Pickles from "Rugrats/ Rugrats All Grown Up," "Ferb Fletcher from "Phineas and Ferb," Ice Bear from "We Bare Bears," Tigger from "Winnie the Pooh," Schroeder from "Peanuts," Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star from, well the show with the name of the former character!, and more. This also applies to autistic characters made up by amateur artists including myself! Regardless, all children, including with autism, should be loved and cherished by their parents!

Yes we autistic people seem like weird people and may seem useless (no offense to you if you have it and I feel the same way about myself,) but we are unique individuals and we are useful people and useful members of society, capable of just about everything non-autistic people are. Autism can be a curse, but now I know it's also a blessing, and I would not trade this for anything, and I've learned to accept and cherish my autism as many of you have and I hope more of you will! Autism is NOTHING to be ashamed of, you didn't ask for it and no one should hate or even dislike you for it, you should be loved and appreciated! And we as autistic people have things to offer even if we don't feel we do (sometimes I feel that way about myself, but trust me, you have much to contribute!) And I love that we see the world differently than most other people, again, I would not trade that!

So to all you autistic people out there, whether I know you or not, know that you are loved by someone, including me, your fellow autistic. You may not believe you are loved or even liked, but trust me, you ARE loved! There is someone out there that loves you, whether you find them or not! And you mean the world to some people, some of you including me! And this is how your parents, friends, and other loved ones should feel about you!

And to Ms. Toni Braxton (trying to show respect and be formal!): Be happy with your son, with both of them, including your son with autism. And thank you for that song and your other songs, but especially "You Mean the World to Me!" You and the writers of that song. I will always love that song, and though I don't know you and am not your son, I will always love you too! We may never meet each other in person, and I would be shy and nervous if we did, but it would be an honor if I were to meet you! I wish you and your children nothing but the best and love! Stay strong and be happy! Thank you Ms. Braxton!

And also, thank you crew of the shows "Arthur," "Sesame Street," "Caillou," "Dinosaur Train," for including autistic characters in your show, and thank you creators and crew for making the show "Pablo," the show about the main character who has autism. And may more of you cartoonists create and include autistic characters in your show and may more cartoons and other shows about autistic characters be created, but done right and carefully and less offensively as possible!

By the way, I plan to use this song again later. One of my O.C. autistic characters really loves this song too and he sings it!

And before I end this journal, please enjoy some more artwork of autistic people/characters and by autistic artists including yours truly. In fact, I drew the picture above and one more I'm about to show you just for this occasion! And thank you all for reading. Please share this journal on other websites, and if possible, let Mrs. Braxton see this, I'd like to hear what she has to say about this (if she has no comment or never knows about this, that's okay.) And I'm not trying to be famous or anything, I'm just speaking from my heart, but I am curious as to how Ms. Braxton would feel about this and hope she likes it!

Thanks for reading. For more, click the link to this journal above to see artwork of autistic characters, real or made up, journals, and other works of autism/autistic-related by other artists, some or all of whom have autism themselves!

Image Another of my fanart of Autistic cartoon characters plus my two autistic O.C.s. From left to right: Cody Carpenter (My O.C. for "The Loud House,") Pablo (from the show with the same name,) Julia (from Sesame Street,") Demetre Adams (My O.C. for the cartoon "Arthur,") Carl (also from Arthur but an actual, official character,) Andy (from "Caillou,") and Dennis the Deinocheirus (from Dinosaur Train.)

Last bumped by TimmyTurnerFan1 on 06 May 2020, 7:29 am.