Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 11:13 am

^^^
Amen Brother;

There are already a 'few
signs' pointing 'that Doomsday way' for 'Humanity'...
except for those who do not die from the Disease...
A Disease Most definitely Like AIDS for some folks at least....

-Ain't that Life...

'It' will take 'Care' of some of the
'Out of Balance Thingy' a bit for sure...
one way or the other or the Next BIGGER thing after that....

It's Nature;
There is NO
Escape Living IT
IN or OUT of Balance
Period End oF ALL Lies And 'Fathers' of 'Them' Period

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 4:43 pm

aghogday wrote:
That's Not all; 36 Million Folks had the 'Other Flus' Last Year with 22,000 Deaths; but that's still nothing compared
to a Population, when the Kids go back to School, where only a small minority of folks have Anti-Body Protection
if that even helps then.

Do We want it all in one blow; or do we wanna 'go' gradually; that's the decision being made now.
Problem with one Blow is the Collateral Damage of Overwhelming the Health Care System and the Rest
of the Human Infrastructure that Provides Subsistence to Everyone Now and then

You seem to be saying that if we do strict quarantine now, it would mean having it "all in one blow" later on. I disagree. If we have strict quarantine for, say, two months, then everyone who is already sick will either become healthy (99% of cases) or die (1% of cases). So, once the quarantine is over, there won't be anybody you would be able to catch the sickness from, which means that we would be able to have normal life without any more disease going around. But if we are "going gradually" as you put it -- then yes, the disease will keep going on since people will keep infecting new people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 4:48 pm

Texas just ended its stay-at-home order yesterday. Restaurants and non-essential retail stores are open, but they're only allowing 25% capacity (50% in rural counties). Bars, hair salons and gyms are still closed.

If all goes well between now and May 18, they'll allow 50% capacity, and open bars, gyms, et al.

People in all of the major cities (except *maybe* El Paso) are required to wear masks.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 5:35 pm

Buying time in order to find a treatment seems to have fallen by the wayside, here we are, unprompted, discussing herd immunity instead.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 6:05 pm

domineekee wrote:
Buying time in order to find a treatment seems to have fallen by the wayside, here we are, unprompted, discussing herd immunity instead.

Buying time can get us where we wouldn't "need" the treatment. If the time is spent on the strict lockout, then everyone who was sick will either become healthy (99% of cases) or die (1% of cases). So, after that, everyone can happily go out and socialize all they want without any worry of getting infected OR any need for a treatment: nobody would be around from whom they would get infected on the first place.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 6:27 pm

QFT wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Buying time can get us where we wouldn't "need" the treatment. If the time is spent on the strict lockout, then everyone who was sick will either become healthy (99% of cases) or die (1% of cases). So, after that, everyone can happily go out and socialize all they want without any worry of getting infected OR any need for a treatment: nobody would be around from whom they would get infected on the first place.

Not sure about that. New Zealand implemented pretty strick lockdown early on and it hasn't gone away.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 6:54 pm

I don't understand at all why anyone would still be in support of that sociopathic idiot, especially after the way he's "handled" the pandemic. Not only did his screw-ups begin well prior, with him axing the pandemic response team (good job), but he hasn't handled things well at all in the present. It's pretty obvious just from hearing him speak that he has absolutely no clue about what he's talking about, and to make matters worse, he has no inclination to even want to know what he's talking about. He's putting his own economic interests over the lives of the people he was sworn to protect.

I really hope the US has the good sense to send the orange ape packing in November, but given that an alarming number of people actually had to look into whether it's a good idea to inject oneself with cleaning solution just because he suggested it, I don't have a lot of faith. Good thing I live north of the US and I'm hoping our Prime Minister has the good sense to keep that border closed until the number of cases go down, no matter how much pressure that buffoon tries to put on us. That country south of us that shall not be named until further notice can throw all the lives they want down the drain, so long as they don't try to come up here and undo all of our efforts.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 10:10 pm

QFT wrote:
aghogday wrote:
That's Not all; 36 Million Folks had the 'Other Flus' Last Year with 22,000 Deaths; but that's still nothing compared
to a Population, when the Kids go back to School, where only a small minority of folks have Anti-Body Protection
if that even helps then.

Do We want it all in one blow; or do we wanna 'go' gradually; that's the decision being made now.
Problem with one Blow is the Collateral Damage of Overwhelming the Health Care System and the Rest
of the Human Infrastructure that Provides Subsistence to Everyone Now and then

You seem to be saying that if we do strict quarantine now, it would mean having it "all in one blow" later on. I disagree. If we have strict quarantine for, say, two months, then everyone who is already sick will either become healthy (99% of cases) or die (1% of cases). So, once the quarantine is over, there won't be anybody you would be able to catch the sickness from, which means that we would be able to have normal life without any more disease going around. But if we are "going gradually" as you put it -- then yes, the disease will keep going on since people will keep infecting new people.

A Lock Down Is Not a Quarantine; I did not mention Quarantine; as i don't see that Happening in the United States, except for Folks Actually Identified with the Disease. We don't have enough Tests and Contact Tracing to Adequately Do that;

So no; i Wasn't Saying anything about A Strict Quarantine; the fact that we really don't know who has the Disease and who does not have the Disease; Either means We find out through Tests and Contact Tracing, And Isolate those folks that we are not currently sufficiently doing; Or Continue The Lock Down.

The Other Option is What Georgia Did; bypass the Recommendations of Phase 1, opening; and See a Spike in Cases; that's already Happening in the Last week; Where folks are Free to Travel, Doing it this way is like Peeing in a Pool And Praying it doesn't go anywhere. The Scientists Predicted the Cases would Go up in Georgia; and yes, Micro-Biology Proves its Nature Again.

South Korea; on the other Hand is doing great; They have really smart people over there; and they are all about the Science of getting Stuff done. They Did the Tests/Contact Tracing As Soon as the World Health Organization recommended it; Wore Masks 'Religiously from the Beginning; And Acted Like A Team instead of one side against the other.

That's the Problem; the Leadership here again, is almost worthless, except for the Scientists doing their best to provide Guidance. And the People; Many of them are just as ignorant, basically mirroring the Spoiled Brat Nature of Trump; Terrible Two's and the such.

Second Part of Comment Below...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 10:11 pm

Second Part of Comment:

Anyway; i'm Financially Independent; i don't have to follow any 'orders' to endanger my Health or others.

If i still worked for the Military in a Federal Capacity as i did for a Quarter of a Century; Trump
Would be basically the Big Boss of my 'Work World'; It was nice to retire before i had to see his
Picture in the Headquarters Building where i worked for the Military. And have to hear everything
Fox News Said back Verbatim as the Gospel Truth of 'The Universe'; But That's What You do to keep a
Job When folks you work for are basically beyond reproach; and 'The rules' do not apply to them;

If We Had A Bare Minimum of 'Sane' Leadership; This Would bet A 'Smart Game'; instead of the
Usual 3-Year Fiasco, so Far; That really can be Summarized in Trump's Suggestion to study Disinfectant
As An Internal Medicine for the Disease; That's Trump In A 'Nut Shell'; He basically doesn't understand
anything that really counts. The Fact that He is President, really does Prove This Country has more
Than a Virus Illness; There is 'DisEase all Over'; and this Is Salt And Pepper to Bring more of the Taste out.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 10:20 pm

aghogday wrote:
A Lock Down Is Not a Quarantine; I did not mention Quarantine

Then maybe they should to quarantine for three months. They don't need tests -- just do it indiscriminately to everybody. And then, three months later, all the sick ones will be healthy and everyone will be able to get out and do totally normal stuff as if nothing ever happened.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 11:36 pm

QFT wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Then maybe they should to quarantine for three months. They don't need tests -- just do it indiscriminately to everybody. And then, three months later, all the sick ones will be healthy and everyone will be able to get out and do totally normal stuff as if nothing ever happened.

If it were feasible; but it isn't.

We Surely don't have the Leadership;
Or even 'the Grit' to Do A Total Quarantine As A Country for 3 Months.

It's Worth Noting this isn't gonna be the Last 'Exotic Extremely Dangerous Virus'.

We Have a very long road ahead, if this Country Doesn't Get Its Head Out of its Butt (TrumpS).

One Possible Improvement is in November; And it surely by far is not a Perfect one either; Par for this course..:)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 4:23 am

QFT wrote:
aghogday wrote:

But that's just not possible. Nurses and doctors will still need to work to take care of patients, including the ones without corona. Some grocery store workers still need to work so that people get food. Pharmacists need to work so that people will get meds. Firefighters will need to work in case of fires. Police officers need to work for various reasons. Daycare workers need to work since there are families where the adults are all in necessary jobs. Someone has to make sure that electricity and water are running without trouble. Someone needs to deliver food for those who are in lock down. Farmers and other food producers need to work so that people won't starve. Some public transportation workers still need to work so that the other necessary people can get to work. I've probably forgotten some important people, but the point is that the infection could just spread among these important people and their families even if us less important people locked ourselves away, and even we could get infected when picking up groceries once every two weeks or so. Plus, your system would also needed to be used world wide at the same time, otherwise there'd be a high chance that the virus would start spreading again once the borders were opened.