Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2020, 9:37 am

Hi:
People are just so abrupt and fickle with each other to interact with each other. One day they are happy and excited about you see you and then the next they want nothing to do with you. I don't understand this kind of behavior from people.

What are some unwritten rules about this behavior?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 7:50 am

People are moody. This is pretty annoying to me.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 10:13 pm

One minute... Hey you, (Jumps for joy). The next...They don't wave back if you wave at them or go "Don't talk to me, wah."

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 4:42 am

I agree

The thing that I find most difficult about people is their unpredictability

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 7:48 am

Fickle people really get to me, I don't know why. I know we can all be fickle at times, even me, but I mean people who are more fickle than general.

I used to know this 60-year-old woman who was very fickle. She always used to say that she has been single for 12 years and was happy without men in her life and so on. Then one day she came back from a vacation and started boasting about this hot guy (younger than her) that she'd met there, and was getting all excited about having him sleep over and spending her birthday with him.
Then the next time I saw her, she didn't mention anything about him, so when I asked her how her date went, she shook her head and said, "I don't want to talk about it, let's move on." I don't know what happened and I never will know, but when I next saw her she was all back in love with him again. And then the next time I saw her she hated him. And it went on and on like that.
I stopped being her friend in the end, because she was just too fickle, not just about men but about everything, it felt like I was talking to a different person each time.

Thankfully not everyone is that fickle.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 9:14 am

Joe90, she sounds like she didn't really know what she wanted :lol:

I used to used be friends with an autistic woman, who is my age but has the maturity of a 12-year-old because of having more moderate autism along with her mom not really allowing her daughter to move forward in life. Anyway,
1. One minute they would be telling me I was like family and were inviting me to holiday dinners and then they next they left me out because I "Talked too much" or talked about their holiday dinners and who would be there.
2. My friend would also call me up one minute and I would have a pleasant conversation and then the next she would cut me down.

greyasp
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jun 2020, 9:26 am

I used to be friends with someone who would delete me from social media on a whim because she decided to take something I said offensively (don't even know what I said tbh..).
Few weeks later everything would be fine..
This has happened a few times and after the latest, I've deleted her number and will not be accepting any friend requests in the future.
I am admittedly a slow learner(among slow learners tbh..) but even I get there eventually..
Abrupt and fickle is putting it mildly..

Lately I've been hard to reach, I've been too long on my own, everybody has a private world, where they can be alone.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:54 am

Sometimes people are going through their own struggles. Something bad might have happened to them that day and they are not in the mood to talk because they are worried or upset. That's not something that can be predicted, but I think other people (who are not on the spectrum) are more likely to get the cues that the person is giving out non-verbally and know not to strike up a conversation, whereas we may not.