Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2020, 10:33 pm

My Mum died of dementia 2 months ago and now my sister has just passed away from cancer, I just feel so lost I didn't want to be the only one left, the other morning I slashed my wrist and the police came to my door wanting to know why I did it.
I was taken to hospital and put in The Mental health ward so they could keep an eye on me, they even took my phone charger.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2020, 11:47 pm

I'm so sorry for your losses Aprilviolets. :cry: You've been through a lot in the past few months. Please be kind to yourself and keep writing if you need our friendship and support. My condolences and sympathies are with you.

(((( AprilV ))))

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 6:21 am

Please know that you have friends here, April.

Please do reach out.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 6:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm so sorry for your losses Aprilviolets. :cry: You've been through a lot in the past few months. Please be kind to yourself and keep writing if you need our friendship and support. My condolences and sympathies are with you.

(((( AprilV ))))

Thank you IsabellaLinton a friend who is helping me said they should have sent someone who knows a bit about mental health out to talk to me, she said it would be better for me to change to a different doctor as the one I go to isn't all that good.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 6:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Please know that you have friends here, April.

Please do reach out.

thank you KraftieKortie its just so hard knowing I'm the only one in our family left, I feel sick thinking about it.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 6:38 am

I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years, Aprilviolets, and hope things will get better for you soon!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 5:21 pm

{{{{{Aprilviolets}}}}} So sorry to hear all that you’re going through. I eventually found strength in the thought that the two women who mattered most to me, are there with me, if in spirit only, when I’m most in need of them. I hope you eventually feel stronger and empowered by the knowledge that there is great strength to be found in the belief that they’re watching over you and willing you to go in and do well. xx

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 7:31 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

(((( AprilV ))))

Thank you IsabellaLinton a friend who is helping me said they should have sent someone who knows a bit about mental health out to talk to me, she said it would be better for me to change to a different doctor as the one I go to isn't all that good.

I'm glad you have a friend who cares.

How are you today? We're still here if you want to talk about it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 7:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

(((( AprilV ))))

I'm still feeling down but I'm trying to keep busy, and I got a phone call from someone at the hospital to see how I am she said it's a good idea to change my GP, I told her I'm going to see a new one and hope it works out.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 7:52 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

(((( AprilV ))))

I'm still feeling down but I'm trying to keep busy, and I got a phone call from someone at the hospital to see how I am she said it's a good idea to change my GP, I told her I'm going to see a new one and hope it works out.

Have you been referred for grief counselling?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 7:56 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

(((( AprilV ))))

Have you been referred for grief counselling?

Not yet but they did say something about Grief Counselling the other day, I'll ask the friend about that when she rings me again.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 10:19 pm

I am sorry you are going through these hard times.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 10:44 pm

So sorry to hear. You have us here so you are not alone.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 7:49 am

dear Aprilviolets, I am so sorry for your loss. That is a lot of loss to happen in a short period of time. Please take care of yourself.

If you live in the US, hospice provides free grief counseling and grief support groups to anyone who has lost a loved one. It doesn't matter if the person who passed away was in hospice care or not. It is a requirement for hospices to be able to get Medicare reimbursement to provide free grief counseling.

BTW, I love your username.

(((Aprilviolets)))

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:30 am

I'm sorry about your losses, Aprilviolets.

Both my husband and I have received video counseling during the lockdown, and after a little confusion with the software and connection, it was actually surprisingly effective.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2020, 3:14 am

One of my Sister's friends rang me and kept going on about how she would be partying with the rest of my family all that does is make me feel worse as I'm the only one left.
It just makes me think I'm being punished for being left behind.