COVID-19 related (sleep) dreams - Links to related content

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 7:39 pm

How Coronavirus is Affecting Your Dreams – and What to do About it:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... -about-it/

My pandemic-related (sleep) dream experience is discussed (ninth post) in WP thread: 'How Is Pandemic Influencing Social-Skill Concerns?' viewtopic.php?f=7&t=386175&p=8519874#p8519874

Faya
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2020, 6:44 am

On the first couple days of lockdown I had a dream about corona virus. I was driving on the road, paramedics blocked the roadway trying to test me for the virus. I instead stepped on the gas, ran over the paramedics, and drove off. No memory of what happened until in the morning when I woke up in extreme paranoia trying to hide from everything, and still having fear of paramedics working at checkpoints for several days after.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 May 2020, 6:48 am

Since Covid started, I have a repetitive dream of being forcibly hugged against my will.
It's rather related to being in a lockdown with my children.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 8:15 am

It doesn’t seem to be affecting my dreams at all (granted I’ve always had very vivid dreams just about every night), but then again, the only ways it’s affecting real life for me is that my dad and brother are now working from home and that I have to wear a mask to my doctor appointments. Since it hasn’t really disrupted my waking life and I haven’t really been fretting about it at all, it makes sense that it wouldn’t affect my sleep or dreams, either.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 3:09 pm

My main pandemic-related dreams come in bits & pieces - most notably quietly observing and noting the small-percentage of people not practicing social-distancing, and/or not wearing masks.

As mentioned previously, lately, I've increasingly judged people based on how conscientious they are about wearing wearing face-masks, and/or who practice social distancing - hence, no surprise that such sentiments show-up in dreams.

I can note three-dreams in the last two-months that yield important insights in a pandemic.

The common-thread in these dreams; places with layouts encouraging natural social-distancing; that is a diversity of places ranging from a small retail space, an outdoor class, and even a junkyard - where the main natural social-distancing barriers were this junkyard's mounds of recycled demolition waste - that is mounds had different grades from finer to coarser varieties.

I sensed that the entire premise's pathways were paved with a finer grade of reclaimed demolition waste. I'm not certain how applications for recycled demolition wastes tie-in to pandemic-related dreams; yet, I've imagined that innovative approaches are necessitated during challenging times - such as the need to repurpose, recycle, and apply reclaimed materials in new ways.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 6:05 pm

I dream a lot anyway so this crisis hasn't made me dream any more or any less than usual.

However, I do obviously dream about the crisis a lot. Here are some COVID-related dreams I've been having:-

- Working in a care home or hospital with lots of coronavirus cases and feeling terrified

- Breaking a social distance rule in a store and being yelled at by a shop assistant

- Infected people coming right near me but I can't get away

- Loved ones being ill or even dying from coronavirus

Even when I'm having a dream that isn't about coronavirus, I often still try to keep 2 metres away from others in my dream. :lol:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 6:08 pm

I have noticed an increase in weird and vivid dreams lately. May or may not be due to the pervasive presense of the pandemic.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2020, 1:13 pm

The site www.idreamofcovid.com lists people's COVID-19 related dreams.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 12:58 am

I've been having lots of dreams about London. More than usual. I had my mind set on going there before the outbreak happened. I've also been having dreams about being in a hospital where all the doors are locked. I also have dreams about hippies, prisons and TV shows. I've also been having dreams about the weather and especially snowy winter weather.