Page 9 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 May 2020, 4:24 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
CEO was just an example. I mean, you prefer cold-blooded, calculating people to do something other than crime in general, don't you?

I think you picture only a half of what civilisation is. Morals have very pragmatic use - they stabilise societes. That's why they don't get evolutionally removed. They are useful, even from very pragmatic point of view.
Drastically unfair societes are unstable - they change or revolt. Starting form the French Revolution, Europe has seen it until current social-democratic order kind of settled after WWII - and it's likely not yet the end of the process.
So, my question is: is it possible for people who lack the "moral sense" (just like I, as an Aspie, lack the "social sense") to accept basic morals for other reasons? If yes, how to do it?

<irony mode activated>
Hence the sustained existence of:
-North Korea,
Yeah...
Pepe wrote:
-china
-And russia.
:mrgreen:

Both rapidly transformating since I remember, both experienced major revolutions in modern history - hint: there used to be much worse than now in both.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 8:40 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
CEO was just an example. I mean, you prefer cold-blooded, calculating people to do something other than crime in general, don't you?

I think you picture only a half of what civilisation is. Morals have very pragmatic use - they stabilise societes. That's why they don't get evolutionally removed. They are useful, even from very pragmatic point of view.
Drastically unfair societes are unstable - they change or revolt. Starting form the French Revolution, Europe has seen it until current social-democratic order kind of settled after WWII - and it's likely not yet the end of the process.
So, my question is: is it possible for people who lack the "moral sense" (just like I, as an Aspie, lack the "social sense") to accept basic morals for other reasons? If yes, how to do it?

<irony mode activated>
Hence the sustained existence of:
-North Korea,
Yeah...
Pepe wrote:
-china
-And russia.
:mrgreen:

Both rapidly transformating since I remember, both experienced major revolutions in modern history - hint: there used to be much worse than now in both.

They are drastically "unfair" and have little or no respect for individuality.
I'm glad I don't live there.
I wouldn't survive long before I found myself in a quasi Gulag, where they serve radioactive tea or a Uyghur type "re-education camp",
When you consider my big "mouth". :mrgreen:

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 7:34 pm

They say that the majority of our world leaders are psychopaths... I dunno. Psychos are dangerous to be around, but maybe sometimes it takes a calloused and ruthless person to make tough choices in leadership that the rest of us can't handle due to having a conscience? :shrug: