The appeal of online Incel communities to autistic men

Page 16 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
. . . I'm not suggesting that anyone on this thread or attracted to an Incel mindset would become violent, but I wish we were all more accepting of people when they do express a cry for help.
When every "cry for help" is met with helpful suggestions, and all those suggestions are in turn met with rejection and ridicule, it seems more likely that the person crying for help is really just[/color]  trolling  begging for attention.
Your attitude illustrates my point, exactly.
Thank you, although I did not have that attitude before signing on to this website, but instead developed it during my time here through interactions with those very same people who only appeared to be crying for help.

I used to try to be helpful; not any more, though.

But keep in mind, that many people find you abrasive.
I, on the other hand, find you "interesting". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
magz wrote:
We are not mental health professionals here.
I know this.  That's why I said we shouldn't be correcting their perceptions of the world.  If anything, we should suggest that they get mental health support.
If Alex ever comes back to this site, then maybe a moderator could suggest that he put a disclaimer on the log-in page with words to that effect.

People have criticized me for stating, "No one on this website can render a valid diagnosis.  You would be better off to consult an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional."  Now I see that something like this is being encouraged.  Have people grown wiser on their own, or did I finally get through to them?[/color]

I have a different approach.
I find that people sharing similar experiences is very helpful.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:40 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I feel excluded.

I want to join an online incel community.

Request denied. 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:45 pm

I should start my blue fez fraternity vocel commune.

You can be a member and get laid as much as you want somewhere else, you can even do it while wearing your fez and nothing else, you're just celibate on commune grounds.

Pink fez sorority commune to follow if that's a success.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I should start my blue fez fraternity vocel commune.

You can be a member and get laid as much as you want somewhere else, you can even do it while wearing your fez and nothing else, you're just celibate on commune grounds.

Pink fez sorority commune to follow if that's a success.

Define celibate.

Is foreplay and other sexual activities, while wearing a fez, allowed on commune grounds?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I feel excluded.

Request denied. 8)

That’s double discrimination. You’re denying me the right to join a sexist group based on my gender.

I’m offended.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:54 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Define celibate.

Is foreplay and other sexual activities, while wearing a fez, allowed on commune grounds?

Anything that's not missionary position is considered celibacy.

There'll be Fezcoin too. Not sure what it'll be good for but it'll be a celibacy perk.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 25 May 2022, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:55 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Define celibate.

Anything that's not missionary position is considered celibacy.

Okay. Great! That shouldn’t be a problem.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:59 pm

I figured it out - Fezcoin will be for re-dyeing your Fez, so the more you collect the deeper blue or pink your Fez can be (it'll be the in-commune status craze). Every ten years we have Fezcoin jubilee and everyone starts from scratch collecting their coins to dye their fez again.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:05 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I figured it out - Fezcoin will be for re-dyeing your Fez, so the more you collect the deeper blue or pink your Fez can be (it'll be the in-commune status craze). Every ten years we have Fezcoin jubilee and everyone starts from scratch collecting their coins to dye their fez again.

That’ll make it much easier to figure someone out. If someone has a dark fez, they are obviously a great person. Light fez people should be regarded with a certain degree of suspicion and distrust.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:44 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I feel excluded.

Request denied. 8)

That’s double discrimination. You’re denying me the right to join a sexist group based on my gender.

I’m offended.

Good. Mission accomplished. 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:45 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
That’ll make it much easier to figure someone out. If someone has a dark fez, they are obviously a great person. Light fez people should be regarded with a certain degree of suspicion and distrust.

If they have a white fez they should be wearing their broccoli necklace until they get their first dyeing. We will go as far as providing fresh broccoli at least on a daily basis for that.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 1:09 am

Well it was said on here before not to generalize different genders, because everyone is different and everyone has different standards in what they will go for. However, the incel community, is a lot more bigger in males than it is in females. So doesn't that tell us, that males have something in common for making the community bigger, and females have something in common for not being as big into it? There has to be some general commonalities there?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 4:34 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

If they have a white fez they should be wearing their broccoli necklace until they get their first dyeing. We will go as far as providing fresh broccoli at least on a daily basis for that.

I don’t know… I like broccoli…

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 4:41 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

You're still allowed to eat it, you just have to thread a necklace if you have a white fez.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2022, 4:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

You're still allowed to eat it, you just have to thread a necklace if you have a white fez.

That would work. I like broccoli, but I don’t think I’d like to make a broccoli necklace.

It seems like a suitable punishment.