The appeal of online Incel communities to autistic men

Page 18 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:37 am

Pepe wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
The fact that "red pill" is such a lazy, self-aggrandizing metaphor--inspired by an unoriginal movie--is a pretty strong red flag.

The Matrix is a great movie and has a lot of valid metaphors for those who have a bit of life experience. 8)

Why do you think you'll reach me by being condescending? Or judging my experience, which you know little to nothing about?

It borrows a lot from the comic book The Invisibles, and lifted dialogue from Jean Baudrillard's writings ("The desert of the real."). Hence, "unoriginal."

You don't find irony in people going to a megaplex, watching an expensive movie about how they are enlightened, and able to see through social illusion?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 5:51 am

HighLlama wrote:
Pepe wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
The fact that "red pill" is such a lazy, self-aggrandizing metaphor--inspired by an unoriginal movie--is a pretty strong red flag.

The Matrix is a great movie and has a lot of valid metaphors for those who have a bit of life experience. 8)

Why do you think you'll reach me by being condescending? Or judging my experience, which you know little to nothing about?

It borrows a lot from the comic book The Invisibles, and lifted dialogue from Jean Baudrillard's writings ("The desert of the real."). Hence, "unoriginal."

You don't find irony in people going to a megaplex, watching an expensive movie about how they are enlightened, and able to see through social illusion?

We can be honest with one another since we are not friends. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:21 am

Well another thing, is the reason why men get so much angrier than women over this incel situation or the red pill, is that it's difficult for guys to get sex because women are much more picky, but also women can get it from men anytime they want because guys will screw anything it seems, which is not a judgment or criticism, but what I mean is, what if guys were to just stop putting out to every woman as well?

Wouldn't women be forced to pick more average guys, or less than average even, if all guys wouldn't put out near as easily, and therefore, they wouldn't feel the women would then feel they do not have a lot of options to choose from?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:22 am

I certainly wouldn't "screw anybody who's female and has two legs."

I have discerning tastes :) I might go for a pretty woman with one leg :P

This whole thing about men wanting to have sex with just any woman is patently ridiculous.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

This whole thing about men wanting to have sex with just any woman is patently ridiculous.

Well it seems like this is very close to be the case, otherwise so many men wouldn't complain about not getting any, compared to women?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 10:05 am

Frequently, the men who complain about "not getting any" have more discerning tastes than we think they have.

In fact, it's possible that they are rather choosy at times.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 12:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Frequently, the men who complain about "not getting any" have more discerning tastes than we think they have.

Sargon of Akkad was actually making a point about that early on, that a lot of these guys are more properly voluntarily celibate. I'd agree - they (themselves) need to take account of that, and realize it's really hypocritical if they're blaming women for being choosy themselves.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 2:29 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Sargon of Akkad was actually making a point about that early on, that a lot of these guys are more properly voluntarily celibate. I'd agree - they (themselves) need to take account of that, and realize it's really hypocritical if they're blaming women for being choosy themselves.

Oh really? Why would a lot of 'incel' guys be do it voluntarily?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 2:33 pm

ironpony wrote:

Not every guy is attracted to every woman.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 2:35 pm

I'm really shooting from the hip sharing this, admittedly I haven't watched it yet but it's uncanny timing. I say that up front because I don't know for sure what all of the content will be but again - bringing MGTOW Youtube and Asperger's together with a nice pretty bow on it.

It's Thinking Ape / Stardusk doing a 3 hr interview with a guy who's apparently dx'd with Asperger's, someone who he found on Monday Blue / FA Monday's channel (that was someone else I used to find interesting - we had a lot of odd experiences in common). Anyway I'll give it a listen and let you guys know what I think.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 4:29 pm

I'm about an hour in and the big thing that the guest (interviewee with Asperger's) was focusing a lot is that NT's drape a narrative over your appearance, your demeanor, they're trying to pin down social class, they're trying to be pin down what can be made of you or what can be done with you, and if they can't peg you in their archetypal system or they can't peg you by your parents identity or some other proxy you end up getting ignored because you can't be slotted.

His take away, seems to be so far, that somehow in his high school years certain intangibles took off that didn't even really match how he was raised well (ie. from an upper class family, wayward daughter who ended up getting into crime, he himself is half black but raised by his grand parents and noticing that in high school he's getting automatically positive reactions from upper class people and almost automatic abreactions from lower-class people, he's not overtly saying it but it's a bit like people are seeing his grandfather's genes in him before they're seeing everything else).

edit: an hour and a half in - he gets yanked into Sigma Kai for having the right 'look' (gets kicked out as a pledge for falling out with someone in the fraternity). More of the above.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Agreed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:16 pm

ironpony wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Well it seems like this is very close to be the case, otherwise so many men wouldn't complain about not getting any, compared to women?

I suspect most incels are simply too picky.
I have come across quite a few on WP, over the years.
Some say: "They don't want any fat women."
I suspect overweight women, or perhaps any woman, wouldn't want them either. 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:18 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I'm about an hour in and the big thing that the guest (interviewee with Asperger's) was focusing a lot is that NT's drape a narrative over your appearance, your demeanor, they're trying to pin down social class, they're trying to be pin down what can be made of you or what can be done with you, and if they can't peg you in their archetypal system or they can't peg you by your parents identity or some other proxy you end up getting ignored because you can't be slotted.

His take away, seems to be so far, that somehow in his high school years certain intangibles took off that didn't even really match how he was raised well (ie. from an upper class family, wayward daughter who ended up getting into crime, he himself is half black but raised by his grand parents and noticing that in high school he's getting automatically positive reactions from upper class people and almost automatic abreactions from lower-class people, he's not overtly saying it but it's a bit like people are seeing his grandfather's genes in him before they're seeing everything else).

edit: an hour and a half in - he gets yanked into Sigma Kai for having the right 'look' (gets kicked out as a pledge for falling out with someone in the fraternity). More of the above.

I'm in the last few minutes - he took a good our breakaway from the subject to talk about Pope Alexander VI and movement from Kardashev 0 to Kardashev 1.

Main take away?

Are you autistic? Are you multiracial? Do you look like PB Randolph? If yes to the third question you can erase the first two. At least two hours of it was him talking about getting jammed in positions he wasn't qualified for and people trying to make it work no matter what.

I'm happy for him to the degree it's given him opportunities but it rhymes with the fixations I've noticed the NT world has - ie. they either really like you or they really don't and either way it's undesired that you'd try to prove them wrong by personal merit. This might not be as pronounced all the time but - I've enjoyed some of this 'split' reception as well although I don't know if I can as easily break it down on socioeconomic likes, more like people who are playing the 'infinite game' or trying to tend to like me, Machiavellian types historically have really tended not to.

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 27 May 2022, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:19 pm

Let's face it, everyone hates women, including women. That's why so many women are like "I'm not like other girls", including myself.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 8:36 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Not every guy is attracted to every woman.

This is true. I think incels as a group might be toxic but individuals who identify with incel culture might well have different preferences when it comes to women.

One pattern is the outright racist attitudes that many incel users have on the online platforms which suggest they are unlikely to consider dating anyone who is "foreign",

I knew a few guys in my late 20s who were in the early 30s and involuntarily found themselves celibate, dateless and single (and no they weren't incels because that culture didn't exist in the 1990s). One thing these guys all had in common were they were reasonably good looking and had jobs but were very picky about the the type of girl/woman they were looking for.
They had to be young, pretty and good looking. I now know that one them eventually married a pretty younger filipino woman and the others are still unmarried in 2022.