Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2020, 9:00 am

While I am sad for the sickness and death that the pandemic is causing, I love self isolating at home and social distancing from others. I don’t want it to end. Anyone else feel like that?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 9:48 am

Well, yes and no. I like the break from socializing, but the idea that I should go years without meeting any of my friends isn't appealing, especially since the whole social distance thing is causing all the hobby events I'd like to go to get cancelled as well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 9:52 am

"Hell is other people." -- Jean-Paul Sartre

I am inclined to agree with Mr. Sartre.

Life seems simpler and less stressful when I do not have to interact in person with other people.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 5:16 pm

I do miss having close contact with other people, like my family. I so badly want to cuddle my mother.
I used to hate the crowds in stores, but heck, I even miss that now!

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I do miss having close contact with other people, like my family. I so badly want to cuddle my mother.
I used to hate the crowds in stores, but heck, I even miss that now!

I'd prefer things be back to normal too, but I also relate with folks here saying they don't mind social distancing. I have to admit I really enjoy being alone with just my cat to keep me company. But if the massage parlor opens, I will certainly partake of their services.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 9:56 pm

I don't understand why you people are social distancing from your friends/family. If you know people personally, you know whether or not they are sick, so deciding to be around them is not risky like being around strangers.

Are there rules where you are that say you can't leave your home or visit anyone at all? We don't have that here.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2020, 1:50 am

yeah lol, I really don't care. In my life there's literally nothing that has changed :lol:

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 5:03 am

starkid wrote:
I don't understand why you people are social distancing from your friends/family. If you know people personally, you know whether or not they are sick, so deciding to be around them is not risky like being around strangers.

Are there rules where you are that say you can't leave your home or visit anyone at all? We don't have that here.

Well, I'd like to visit my Mom, but the care home she's in won't allow any visitors or outside trips, so yes that is a rule. That's about it family-wise for me. I never stopped working and everyone at work is maskless. Nose-breathing and simple distance seems more effective than mouse-breathing and placing a loose bandana between mouth and open air. I have been grocery shopping maskless too, but next time I will sure enough wear one, because I noticed lately the mask-wearers have become the majority. One must respect the communal piety and don the amulet of protection.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 5:15 am

This pandemic is quite stressful for residents of care homes—to say the least. They are extremely lonely people, by and large...and their loneliness is exacerbated by the fact that they cannot receive visits from their loved ones, or go on outings outside the nursing home.

Even though I live in a big city, I live in a relatively “suburban” part of the city. I can do my walks while practicing social distancing. And I still have one of my jobs. I feel quite fortunate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 5:23 am

People wear masks here when they go shopping (it is compulsory).

When in the park, though, many people don’t wear masks. I’ve never seen a cop approach anybody in the park where I walk. The police do stop people from parking in the parking lot when the amount of cars gets too high.

MrKobalt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2020, 9:24 am

I love isolation a lot. But anyway I miss my fav restaurant.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2020, 9:50 am

starkid wrote:

With how many people have been asymptomatic, I don't think it's right to assume my friends and family (or myself!) don't have it or won't have it unknowingly. It's not just about my risk, but about theirs as well. Most of my friends tho haven't really gone out more than once or twice a week for short trips for needed supplies. They aren't visiting family either in order to protect elderly parents.

That said, my dad's been running errands (for their friends that are more vulnerable and shouldn't go out) nearly daily since the stay-home orders started here. My folks are in their mid-70s, and mom was a nurse. She stays home, but made sure dad learned quickly the proper ways to wash his hands and how to don & remove a mask and gloves. She had enough disposable supplies to get thru the beginning, and he's out so much that he's been able to find things mostly w/o issue. They're first year boomers and were quite adamant that having seen friends as children be affected by polio, that life must go on. So at this point, dad's more likely to infect us than us him! But either way, none of us are taking chances at exposing the others.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 11:03 am

I love staying home.

I am sad that the quarantine is keeping me out of Canada for my canoe trip. But in the grand scheme of things, that is minor.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 3:10 pm

Lately, I've found more and more people becoming complacent about social distancing, and wearing face-masks at our grocery store.

I strongly feel that people who always remember precautions tend to be more considerate than those who become more complacent about precautions.

How many feel that judging whether of not people exercise precaution acts as a "barometer of sorts" regarding people who take into consideration (or lack of consideration) current pandemic concerns?