Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 4:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is an Aspie thing or not, but I keep Sabotaging my relationship by acting out impulsively and not thinking which ends up hurting my significant other which then in turn hurts me.

It's just right now I feel worthless because my girlfriend of almost ten years doesn't want me anymore and I don't really have any friends and I'm 31 years old so I can't just go back home to my parents and I don't really have job prospects because I can never seem to get through the interviews well enough

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 4:38 pm

What do your days usually look like? What do you spend your time doing?

Getting a job is very difficult for everyone right now, so don't be too hard on yourself.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 8:51 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
What do your days usually look like? What do you spend your time doing?

Getting a job is very difficult for everyone right now, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Well before all of this happened I worked in the morning and then I spent the rest of the day with her hanging out, running errands, etc

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 12:44 am

What do you like about your girlfriend?

Why have you stayed with her for the last ten years?

If you can remember the things you like about her, and even tell her sometimes what you appreciate about her, it might help.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 May 2020, 2:03 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
What do you like about your girlfriend?

Why have you stayed with her for the last ten years?

If you can remember the things you like about her, and even tell her sometimes what you appreciate about her, it might help.
True.
It may also help if he tries to make up for things by being there for her & taking care of her as much as he can. It could be various little things.
One big thing you can do jdcnosse is to show you are trying to work on yourself to improve things. I'm not sure in what ways your acting impulsively & sabotaging things but some behaviors can be related to Aspergers & comorbids or other various mental health issues. If your behaviors are due to getting upset & acting out in the heat of the moment, you might could take steps to avoid getting upset. For example learning about Aspergers & trying to analyze & understand the causes & effects of things. A greater understanding of yourself could help you know your needs & limitations & you could maybe find ways to work within them & you could maybe have a lower stress level for example. Psych help might also be useful like maybe counseling, couples counseling, &/or meds. Even if it really is to late to save things, at least your future relationships could be better by working on yourself. Coming to this forum & posting about things is a good step forward.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition