Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2020, 3:38 am

KT67 wrote:

I don't miss a single human.

I have never missed a person in my life. I have no idea what it feels like but have often wondered what people mean when they say they miss a human. Is it just a meaningless phrase, or do they really experience a kind of yearning emotion or what? :huh: Sometimes I hear about lovers missing each other in cringy love songs but maybe that just pertains to a carnal longing in that context, idk.
I have sometimes met people I find interesting and find it enjoyable to converse with or exchange information about interests with them, so knowing I like them and that it creates a positive feeling I will accordingly seek out interactions with them (but to be honest, my need for interaction is low anyway). But the want to meet someone or catch up with someone has never stemmed from a "missing" feeling or a sadness about their absence in my life, and it does not cause me negative feelings when the person is in distance from me or vanishes from my life altogether.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 3:45 am

I know what missing is like cos when I'm away from home I miss my cat.

The closest I can get to interacting with her when I'm away is mum saying 'she sends purrs'. Which could be true probably isn't.

I can't stroke her, can't talk to her, can't interact with her. Cos she's a cat so she can't text me or call me.

Doesn't make sense w humans because if they're an active part of your life in most cases you can just call them... just text them... got them back then.

If anything mum becomes annoying when she's away cos she texts every half hour or so.