Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 10:05 am

Now that I’ve lost weight I don’t wear a 3x and tops and my waist isn’t 50 inches anymore. A 3x in my country translates to a 22/24. The thing is while my waist and arms have gone down in size, my size 20 jeans always fall off my waist but stay on my pelvic bone and hips after falling off my waist.

I am a size 18 (2x) in tops and dresses but still take a size 20 in shorts and jeans. Has anyone else had this?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 1:28 pm

Yes, my butt has always been big, even when I was a 10 I wore a size 8 top. Makes buying dresses really difficult. I have to buy a smaller top size than bottom size.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 3:32 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Yes, my butt has always been big, even when I was a 10 I wore a size 8 top. Makes buying dresses really difficult. I have to buy a smaller top size than bottom size.

Dresses are a nightmare to buy. Well it depends. I love smocked sundresses.

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 16 May 2020, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 3:51 pm

Victoria's Secret sells their stuff as separates online.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2020, 11:32 am

Yeah, but I guess I'm kind of the opposite. All of my extra weight is in my waist and some around my ribcage, but my butt isn't large at all and my thighs aren't that big. So I wear a larger size in tops/dresses than I do in pants. I need a large or sometimes even XL in tops and I had to get a size 16 dress when I was a bridesmaid. But in pants I'm between an 8 and a 12. Usually need size 10 or 12 for the waist, but they do tend slide off my butt and bunch up in the crotch area. A size 8 usually would fit me better in those areas, but most are too snug for me in the waist. So I guess I'm kind of stuck in between sizes.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2020, 2:04 pm

It all depends on the brand and kind of clothing for me. I usually wear clothes that come in sizes like 1x, 2x, and such and I tend to stick to clothes from places that I know how the sizing runs. Last time I bought pants in number sizes like 14, 16, and 18, I wore a 22 and that was a few years ago. I bought a swimsuit online recently for the summer and I just guessed because I knew I put on weight that I should get a 26 and it fits perfectly. I carry most of my weight in my stomach and have a flat but wide bottom and I wear a 48DD bra so I do tend to need bigger pants to go around my waist but I always have to hem them because I'm only five feet tall.

My mom always needs petite length pants because we are the same height but finds tops in petite sizes are too short for her and she wears a bigger size on top than on the bottom.

My Tumblr

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 3:11 am

Yup. I don't need big tops anymore, but the same can't be said for the bottoms.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 10:14 pm

Yup. I have a kind of hourglass shape so my tops are a medium and with trousers/skirts I usually buy quite a large size which can be annoying because I have to alter them.

Last edited by lvpin on 27 May 2020, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 10:21 pm

Well for me its a little bit of the opposite, at least with actual womens clothing...usually I may need a medium in tops because the small ones just end up being too tight especially in the arm-pits and around my shoulders but then I need like the smallest bottom size. But admittedly I mostly just wear regular fitted t-shirts in size small I don't really like the feminine fit when it comes to t-shirts, like I like t-shirts because they are comfy the female fit ones just totally take that away in my opinion. But if I was trying to get a more feminine sort of top like a blouse or something I would probably go for a medium size to make sure it doesn't feel too tight.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 2:57 pm

I haven't been the same size on top and on the bottom since I was a kid. How big the difference is depends on how much weight I have on me. Overall I am pear shaped (I appear more hourglass with less weight on me though) so I'm smaller on top than on the bottom.

Typically the difference isn't so big that it's any kind of problem with dresses, but I can't buy any 'sets' that make you have the same size.

I have often had the same problem with pants that fit my butt and thighs but I could stick pillow in the waist band.You have to play around with different brands and cut styles. Otherwise it's something where you find the best fit you can and have to wear a belt, or find pants or shorts that have draw strings. Draw strings are your best friend. lol

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 4:52 pm

I just wish I could be the same size both tops and bottoms. I’m in the process of losing 100 more pounds. I’m only 5’3 and size 20 jeans and being a DD isn’t going to work in the long run. I would love to be a size 8 and a large A or a small B.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 5:27 am

Yes, my waist size is out of step with my hip size. To fit slacks onto my hips, the waistband is then too big. Even with many pairs of elastic waist pants. The solution was to get drawstring slacks with elastic waists. I also have 3 pairs of drawstring skirts. I look terrible in skirts and dresses, so I normally don't buy them. I only bought these three to wear around my home when the weather is hot, as the open bottom keeps me cooler. Now that I live in an apartment building, and have a laundry room 2 doors down, I also occasionally wear them when I go off to do the laundry, but I won't wear the skirts on errand runs. I just really look terrible in skirts and dresses. Don't look much better in slacks, either, but I like slacks better, and I have to wear something when I go out. :lol:

Keep safe and well all!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 8:36 am

https://www.livestrong.com/article/3608 ... ng-weight/
"A significant amount of weight loss is more likely to affect your cup size, regardless of your age."