Difficulty losing weight due to hunger sensitivity

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 1:00 am

I have trouble dieting because not eating gives me migraines and I cannot sleep at all if I go to bed hungry. I've still been dieting, but I want to make it easier. I'm not overweight, just trying to get thinner, so that makes losing even more difficult.

Anyone deal with this and discover any good strategies? I can't exercise much because that makes me hungry. Right now I'm lifting weights and walking a few miles per day.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 1:09 am

Have you tried raspberry ketone supplenents? Its a supplement form of the substance you're encouraging the production of with the keto diet, but without having to starve yourself. You take one capsule twice a day with a meal. In short, they encourage the body to burn stored fat.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 8:29 am

Once I cut out the carbs, I started sleeping better.  Plus, I stopped waking up "hangry".  My diet right now is high in fiber and protein, and less than 1200 calories per day -- that's less than 400 calories per meal.  No diet sodas or other "diet" drinks, either; not even Gatorade (or anything like that); just water or black coffee.

It's just the old "Eat Less / Exercise More" diet -- no fancy foods or esoteric (and expensive) supplements.

I've lost 15 pounds in about 6 weeks.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 9:25 am

Fnord wrote:
Once I cut out the carbs,

I forgot to mention that I'm hypoglycemic. I can't cut out carbs because I need them to help regulate my blood sugar. I've tried before and felt terrible. I'm hungry all the time without carbs. And the carbs I eat are whole grains anyhow, no junk food.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 6:43 pm

I’m like this too.