Something I was worried about came to fruition

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 12:18 am

For the last few weeks, I have been exchanging occasional text messages with "Megan", who, as many of you know, was a girl who I had a relationship with that was sabotaged because, well, her parents are the harsh type.

She has now graduated HS and is turning 18 this summer. Here's where the pandemic-related problems come in. She lives with a 2 year old who is probably among the "vulnerable" population. During a video chat we had she did tell me that she was staying at home. Also during this conversation, she had said that she was interested in this other guy. A couple days later I learned that they were official. She had broken up with him, and told me that when they were together they had hung out together with her parents knowing, which meant to me that she could hang out with people outside of her household.

At first, I had decided to wait until she had turned 18 before we did anything together because I wanted to have that fact to our advantage. But tonight I was thinking that her parents attitudes will be the same when she's 17 or 18. Plus it has been over a year since the last time Megan and her parents had a conversation about me.

Tonight I told Megan that I think we should hang out "as early as tomorrow". She then said "ok". I asked her if she wanted to go to the park and walk around. She said she can't. She's social distancing.

I then tell her "I thought you said you hung out with(ex boyfriend from just a couple weeks ago)?". She then says that she hasn't seen this guy since before spring break.

After thinking about it more, maybe this was all just a misunderstanding that led to me getting my hopes up. And, I just remembered that Megan had told me that she could go out, but just doesn't have reason to. Now here comes a reason and she says she's for sure staying at home.

I'm feeling kinda hurt. This kinda feels like what has happened to many friends and couples. And people like myself who were hungry for socialization before the pandemic. I said in another thread that I was worried that I would come across someone who's choosing to quarantine even after some restrictions have been lifted and here I am. It really sets me back after I have been feeling a bit better about things lately.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 12:42 am

Ghost her.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 2:35 am

maybe i'm misunderstanding the timeline of events but, when you proposed the idea to hang out, she pulled out the excuse of social distancing.

when the other guy asked her to hang out (or maybe she initiated it, not that it matters) the idea apparently didn't even cross her mind.

i will have to agree with boo here. there's evidently a double standard and i see little but frustration in your future the longer you keep chasing this "megan"

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 2:57 am

Like I kind of said, she told me tonight that she hadn't seen the other guy in person since before the pandemic. After thinking about it more, my educated guess is that she hung out with this guy AS FRIENDS at that time, and then they were "dating" for like a week or two earlier this month(without seeing each other in person).

I still don't like that she had stated that she could go out and just doesn't have any reason to anyway, and when a reason/opportunity arises, she suddenly says that she is for sure social distancing. So yeah, it does make me a bit skeptical of her.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 3:14 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Like I kind of said, she told me tonight that she hadn't seen the other guy in person since before the pandemic. After thinking about it more, my educated guess is that she hung out with this guy AS FRIENDS at that time, and then they were "dating" for like a week or two earlier this month(without seeing each other in person).

I still don't like that she had stated that she could go out and just doesn't have any reason to anyway, and when a reason/opportunity arises, she suddenly says that she is for sure social distancing. So yeah, it does make me a bit skeptical of her.

If she said 'he was my friend' then he was just a friend, if she says 'he was a friend' then he was more than a friend. ;).