Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

brionyloudoun
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2020, 9:07 pm

Mikah wrote:
It might be easier to tell a white lie that is easier for people to understand. Say you are allergic to most hand sanitizers but will gladly wash your hands with soap and water if they can provide.

Well, I'm technically psychologically allergic to it. Anyone who begs to differ is invalidating my condition.

brionyloudoun
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2020, 9:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I wonder how long until all of these public high proof alcohol dispensers start to be questioned. This is begging to be abused by alcoholics.

I know people whose alcoholism is so severe that they drink the stuff. And yet they provide this high alcohol content hand sanitizer in psych hospitals, etc where some patients are trying to detox and stay sober. Imagine how difficult it is for them when they see hand sanitizer despensers every couple of metres mounted on the walls.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 9:51 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
I carry a couple of spray bottles of alcohol, smells almost the same as sanitizer but should take care of the other four senses.

Maybe try adding some essential oils to rubbing alcohol to fix the smell?

+1

This. You can make your own with isopropyl alcohol and essential oil. It makes a fine mist spray that evaporates on contact, and has no sensation at all. I add a few drops of Thieves to alcohol in a travel-sized spray bottle. You can put it in a diffuser too, for your home.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 11:07 am

brionyloudoun wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I wonder how long until all of these public high proof alcohol dispensers start to be questioned. This is begging to be abused by alcoholics.

I know people whose alcoholism is so severe that they drink the stuff. And yet they provide this high alcohol content hand sanitizer in psych hospitals, etc where some patients are trying to detox and stay sober. Imagine how difficult it is for them when they see hand sanitizer despensers every couple of metres mounted on the walls.

I'm sure we'll notice the unintended consequences soon enough. Where I work there's gallons of the stuff available out front, but I'm sure the location and specifically the stupid long driveway serve as deterrents as long as there's other dispensers around town.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う