Woman calls cops another Black Jogger

Page 66 of 70 [ 1117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:49 am

League_Girl wrote:
Yeah I don't think she would win and I would be surprised if she did. Plus he never even touched her so it's impossible to assault someone without touching them.

The angle her legal team are taking is to distract from her earlier charges for making a hoax call to 911 and focus on FT (her ex-employer) using the word "racism" following their internal review as discrimination against her based on her race. She also includes gender which I suspect is a calculated strategy to incorporate her as a female being under threat (the damsel in distress trope).

The uphill battle for her/her team is that she was infact labelled as racist and was this was widely used both in the media and by people high up in government. FT were careful to say they don't tolerate "racism" which correctly interprets her act was racist without labelling her a racist. Secondly her legal team has to portray her reason for invoking "African-American" as her trying to describe her supposed attacker. This also fails because she said "I will say African-American" which is literally a threat to use his race to get to the cops/SWAT team.

The second part confirms that FT's internal review findings are the correct interpretation of the situation. I can't see how her legal team can win this.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it's about harm reduction at this point. the sooner she is back in unknown-ness the better.

I also forgot (given the time that;s elapsed) she also made a second call to 911...

But...Did she make a second call? Absent evidence of her making this second call, what follows must logically be fabrication (if she didn't make a call, then what was claimed to have have been said by her on that call could not have been said).

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Seems there was no second call to 911:
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/nyre ... harge.html

The dispatch rang her ...

Source: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=387467&p=8635667#p8635667

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 1:20 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it's about harm reduction at this point. the sooner she is back in unknown-ness the better.

I also forgot (given the time that;s elapsed) she also made a second call to 911...

But...Did she make a second call? Absent evidence of her making this second call, what follows must logically be fabrication (if she didn't make a call, then what was claimed to have have been said by her on that call could not have been said).

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Seems there was no second call to 911:
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/nyre ... harge.html

The dispatch rang her ...

Source: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=387467&p=8635667#p8635667

The second call was something I recall we debated last year.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -christian
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/a ... index.html

The information had to come from somewhere, there was no evidence it was faked

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 4:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
The information had to come from somewhere, there was no evidence it was faked

"However, the Times later made a correction that the second call was when a 9-1-1 dispatcher called her back".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_P ... g_incident

Be the hero of your life.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 4:35 am

League_Girl wrote:
Yeah I don't think she would win and I would be surprised if she did. Plus he never even touched her so it's impossible to assault someone without touching them.

Amy stated, "He is trying to assault me ...".

It's common for 911 callers to report, "I think criminal is trying to do something ...".

If you see a prowler outside your neighbor's home, you may call 911 and report, "I think someone is trying to break into my neighbor's home".

It may be false, however, you're stating your impression.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 5:22 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

Please show me one example where a woman under threat from man approach/walk toward him and threatened him with "I will tell 911 that you are trying to assault me"

A person in real panic would run away. The whole thing is just farcical

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 6:50 am

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Please show me one example where a woman under threat from man approach/walk toward him and threatened him with "I will tell 911 that you are trying to assault me"

It's amazing how many such assertions you make with no supporting evidence:
Quote:
The fight-flight-freeze response is your body’s natural reaction to danger. It’s a type of stress response that helps you react to perceived threats, like an oncoming car or growling dog.

The response instantly causes hormonal and physiological changes. These changes allow you to act quickly so you can protect yourself. It’s a survival instinct that our ancient ancestors developed many years ago.

Specifically, fight-or-flight is an active defense response where you fight or flee. Your heart rate gets faster, which increases oxygen flow to your major muscles. Your pain perception drops, and your hearing sharpens. These changes help you act appropriately and rapidly.

Freezing is fight-or-flight on hold, where you further prepare to protect yourself. It’s also called reactive immobility or attentive immobility. It involves similar physiological changes, but instead, you stay completely still and get ready for the next move.

Fight-flight-freeze isn’t a conscious decision. It’s an automatic reaction, so you can’t control it. In this article, we’ll further explore what this response entails, along with examples.

Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/fight-flight-freeze

So, a female seeing a large male approaching them aggreesivly who is stating loudly that "he will do what he wants and she may not like it", would be quite likely to trigger this reaction...

In this case, we don't know the manner in which he approached her, but we do know he has approached several other people in her position in an aggressive manner, shouting at them - and there is no evidence of his approaching others in a different manner - so the probability of his having approached in such an aggressive manner is much greater than that he was using the tone\manner adopted once he decided the time was right to commence filming.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 6:56 am

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Quote:
The fight-flight-freeze response is your body’s natural reaction to danger. It’s a type of stress response that helps you react to perceived threats, like an oncoming car or growling dog.

The response instantly causes hormonal and physiological changes. These changes allow you to act quickly so you can protect yourself. It’s a survival instinct that our ancient ancestors developed many years ago.

Specifically, fight-or-flight is an active defense response where you fight or flee. Your heart rate gets faster, which increases oxygen flow to your major muscles. Your pain perception drops, and your hearing sharpens. These changes help you act appropriately and rapidly.

Freezing is fight-or-flight on hold, where you further prepare to protect yourself. It’s also called reactive immobility or attentive immobility. It involves similar physiological changes, but instead, you stay completely still and get ready for the next move.

Fight-flight-freeze isn’t a conscious decision. It’s an automatic reaction, so you can’t control it. In this article, we’ll further explore what this response entails, along with examples.

So, a female seeing a large male approaching them aggreesivly who is stating loudly that "he will do what he wants and she may not like it", would be quite likely to trigger this reaction...

In this case, we don't know the manner in which he approached her, but we do know he has approached several other people in her position in an aggressive manner, shouting at them - and there is no evidence of his approaching others in a different manner - so the probability of his having approached in such an aggressive manner is much greater than that he was using the tone\manner adopted once he decided the time was right to commence filming.

Yeah, so the freeze thing works when the woman goes into a frozen position....Amy Cooper was in "beast mode' assertively approaching Christian Cooper, infact the whole reason he started filming her was he was threatened (not the other way around) by her aggressive threats,

Try again....

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 7:07 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, so the freeze thing works when the woman goes into a frozen position....Amy Cooper was in "beast mode' assertively approaching Christian Cooper, infact the whole reason he started filming her was he was threatened (not the other way around) by her aggressive threats,

Try again....

Well - If he felt threatened...

cyberdad wrote:
A person in real panic would run away.

You can't have it both ways...

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

She never said that.

After he threatened her, she said to him, "I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!".

Subsequently, she told the dispatcher that her impression is that "he's trying to assault me".

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 11:59 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

She never said that.

After he threatened her, she said to him, "I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!".

Subsequently, she told the dispatcher that her impression is that "he's trying to assault me".

The way she phrased it indicates she was trying to use his skin color to weaponize him and that is a racist act. So she shouldn't be surprised she is being branded as racist in the media and by people who heard about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 2:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

She never said that.

The way she phrased it indicates she was trying to use his skin color to weaponize him and that is a racist act. So she shouldn't be surprised she is being branded as racist in the media and by people who heard about it.

In the video, when she says this, she seems visibly unhinged.

She is so unhinged that's she's chocking her dog.

She likely says, "I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!" as a means of counter-attacking him, because of how unhinged (scared) she was.

Whether she meant anything racist by it is indeterminate.

It's seems more likely that she didn't mean anything racist by it, and simply wanted to scare him, by letting him know that he was being fully identified to the police.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:30 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
she told the dispatcher that her impression is that "he's trying to assault me".

TheRobotLives wrote:
She likely says, "I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life!" as a means of counter-attacking him, because of how unhinged (scared) she was.

It's seems more likely that she didn't mean anything racist by it, and simply wanted to scare him, by letting him know that he was being fully identified to the police.

I have highlighted how your own interpretation corroborates my argument. It all boils down to how a reasonable objective third party will interpret her actions as weaponising race as part of a fake 911 call in order to scare him. That's now undeniable.

What you and Brictoria are unwilling to accept is that is a "racist act" and FT have found (correctly) that her actions were not appropriate to the situation as both she and her dog appeared to be under no threat from Christian Cooper.

You need ot give up her damsel in distress defence as its not working

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 9:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
she told the dispatcher that her impression is that "he's trying to assault me".

TheRobotLives wrote:

I have highlighted how your own interpretation corroborates my argument. It all boils down to how a reasonable objective third party will interpret her actions as weaponising race

It's rather hypocritical to see a person who has weaponised race on this site, pretending to act like a moral compass on the topic... Don't you think?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 10:02 pm

Brictoria wrote:
It's rather hypocritical to see a person who has weaponised race on this site, pretending to act like a moral compass on the topic... Don't you think?

But its not about me is it Brictoria. Its about how a court would interpret whether FT was broke any laws in firing Amy Cooper. I posit they haven't.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2021, 5:26 pm

Franklin Templeton CEO: We ‘stand by’ firing of viral ex-employee Amy Cooper

Quote:
Franklin Templeton CEO Jenny Johnson in a recent interview said management at the investment firm stands by its decision last year to fire Amy Cooper, a former employee who went viral after a video captured her calling the police about a Black birdwatcher who had asked her to put her dog on a leash.

The incident, which took place last May in Manhattan's Central Park, made national headlines and prompted widespread accusations of racism toward Cooper. Cooper has rejected the characterization, instead filing a lawsuit in May against Franklin Templeton claiming it fired her without doing a proper investigation and inaccurately portrayed her as a racist.

Johnson, whose firm manages more than $1.5 trillion in assets and employs more than 11,000 people worldwide, said executives in general should support employees even when a response on social media makes it "difficult" to bring a judgment on the merits of a given situation. But the incident involving Cooper warranted termination on the basis of the former employee's conduct alone, Johnson said.

"I've been in a couple of situations where social media got it wrong. And it's difficult as a CEO, and as a firm, when social media doesn't have it right and you need to stand by people," Johnson says.

"In the case of that situation [of Amy Cooper], we stand by our decision," she adds. "We felt and we feel confident in the due diligence we did in the end — the process to make our evaluations."

Christian Cooper, a writer and frequent birdwatcher, on May 25, 2020 came across Amy Cooper (no relation) in the park and asked her to abide by a rule that requires dog owners to keep their pets on a leash, according to an account of the incident in The New York Times. Christian Cooper used his phone to record Amy Cooper as she declined to put her dog on a leash and instead called the police.

Soon after the video was posted online, Franklin Templeton tweeted a statement decrying racism and saying the company had suspended Amy Cooper while it looked into the incident. The following day, the company tweeted that it had fired Cooper. Amy Cooper gained the moniker online as the "Central Park Karen," shorthand for an entitled white woman.

The incident occurred just a few hours before the police murder of George Floyd, which set off a wave off Black Lives Matter protests across the U.S. and highlighted the dire consequences of calling the police on Black people in America.

The lawsuit filed by Cooper alleges that the company did not undertake a legitimate investigation prior to her termination, and that the decision to fire her was itself discriminatory.

"Franklin Templeton’s alleged investigation and results provided legitimacy to the 'Karen' story, and appeared to provide justification for those who sought the destruction of the Plaintiff’s life," the lawsuit claims.

In a statement after the filing of the lawsuit, Franklin Templeton said it “responded appropriately” by firing Cooper and vowed to "defend against these baseless claims," the Washington Post reported.

In October, the Manhattan district attorney charged Amy Cooper with false reporting of a 911 emergency but later dropped the claim after Cooper went through a counseling program.

No update regarding her lawsuit but it sounds like FT are quite confident that they dealt with the situation appropriately.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う