Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man

Page 40 of 41 [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 12:34 pm

Seems problems with Minneapolis cops are common. Here's game director for CMON Eric Lang's acount:
https://www.facebook.com/eric.lang.1217 ... 8332435856

I understand the reactions, but this isn't the time for demonstrations.
"I CAN'T BREATHE!" they shout

Yeah, thanks to all these eejits standing almost on top of each other, we'll see a lot of people not being able to breathe in about 14 days.

Well done!

That was sarcasm by the way

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 12:41 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Seems problems with Minneapolis cops are common. Here's game director for CMON Eric Lang's acount:
https://www.facebook.com/eric.lang.1217 ... 8332435856

Yeah, thanks to all these eejits standing almost on top of each other, we'll see a lot of people not being able to breathe in about 14 days.

Well done!

Until this, I thought these things only happened in places like Mississippi, Alabama, Kansas, et al.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
nobody ever wrote a song called "f**k the paramedics" or "f**k the fire department"

why is that?

i thought we would be seeing more bacon being made. oh well

Would it be tasteless to sell BLTs and donate the proceeds to BLM?

I'm asking for my imaginary friend. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 5:50 am

Skilpadde wrote:

Well done!

:mrgreen:

I agree with your sentiment.
Not disagreeing.
I'm just adding to the conversation here.

Context: Australia
While I agree with the hypocrisy of allowing thousands to protest but not allowing large groups of people to go to a funeral, etc, etc,
I am also of the belief that the danger is so low, here in Australia, that it won't be a problem.

Personally, I think it was selfish to defy the law and protest,
But, on the flip side, it may force the recalcitrant premiers, in certain states, to open up the country if no health crisis develops, as a result of this selfishness.

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2020, 7:25 pm

Uk news suggesting that the Minneapolis council are considering disbanding the town’s police dept ! !!

Can they even do that ??

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 7:31 pm

ImagineDragons wrote:
Uk news suggesting that the Minneapolis council are considering disbanding the town’s police dept ! ! !

Can they even do that ??

It appears they absolutely can disband it, it's happened in other communities in the US when corruption became too rampant.

https://news.yahoo.com/minneapolis-coun ... 44273.html

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 8:08 am

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 8:10 am

The Minneapolis police are disbanded and there is a thread on the subject,in this forum

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 8:21 am

It sounds like they're not dispensing with having any police force at all, they're just shifting to a different model. It will be interesting to see how that works and whether it helps the situation at all.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 11:28 pm

Quotes:
-The anarchists are looking for a massacre.
-Anarchists are undercutting the legitimacy of the actual protesters.
-The powerful are going to fill the power vacuum. <Pepe looks at china>

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 12:07 am

With all the publicity over this case, and the push for higher charges, I was wondering:
1) Do cases for 2nd degree murder only allow for 2nd, or also include lesser (3rd degree)?
2) If so, is it possible for the defence to request the lesser option to be waived (all or nothing on 2nd degree)?
3) What would happen should the defence go down this route (either there is no option to be found guilty on lesser, included charges, or the option for that to be an option is waived) and through "over charging", a not guilty verdict is returned?

While unlikely, this is a possibility - higher publicity crimes tend to attract "higher charges" to appease the "mob"...

Similarly, should 1, 2, or even all 3 other officers be found "not guilty" (through "over charging"), whether or not Mr Chauvin is found guilty, what would be likely to happen?

The reason for asking is: Are the protesters after justice, or is it retribution they seek?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 7:07 am

Brictoria wrote:
The reason for asking is: Are the protesters after justice, or is it retribution they seek?

It seems like a massive ball of everything, including dissatisfaction with existence itself. I do agree that the the publicity on this could be a big problem precisely because a miscarriage of justice due to mob influence could - in theory - cause enough problems that their sentences get drastically reduced which would in turn inflame the mob even more.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2020, 2:32 pm

Some of the High School bullies from my high school ended up picking the profession of law enforcement I wonder why?

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

Brictoria wrote:
With all the publicity over this case, and the push for higher charges, I was wondering:
1) Do cases for 2nd degree murder only allow for 2nd, or also include lesser (3rd degree)?
2) If so, is it possible for the defence to request the lesser option to be waived (all or nothing on 2nd degree)?
3) What would happen should the defence go down this route (either there is no option to be found guilty on lesser, included charges, or the option for that to be an option is waived) and through "over charging", a not guilty verdict is returned?

While unlikely, this is a possibility - higher publicity crimes tend to attract "higher charges" to appease the "mob"...

Similarly, should 1, 2, or even all 3 other officers be found "not guilty" (through "over charging"), whether or not Mr Chauvin is found guilty, what would be likely to happen?

That is what I was thinking.
In the past, things like this have happened.
Or was that on "Perry Mason"? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

It seems like a massive ball of everything, including dissatisfaction with existence itself. I do agree that the the publicity on this could be a big problem precisely because a miscarriage of justice due to mob influence could - in theory - cause enough problems that their sentences get drastically reduced which would in turn inflame the mob even more.

Here is a novel idea:
Justice is blind.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
Here is a novel idea:
Justice is blind.

If only the US still had the courage, or competence, of such conviction. Appeasement is $$ and non-appeasement is media targeting, corporations kissing boots, and I deeply pity the judge who'll have to preside over this case. I also have to hope that if anyone gets the brilliant idea of doxing the jurors that we make that a federal crime - a good decade or more in jail.