Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 1:01 pm

Don't drink, don't talk on the phone, don't text, don't app, don't adjust the radio, don't adjust the air conditioner or heater, keep both hands in the wheel, always look at the road, and obey all traffic signs and traffic lights.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 1:12 pm

Don't drive to a castle just to test your eyesight...

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 4:34 pm

Maintain proper distance with the car in front of you. This is around 1 car length for every 10 miles of speed. This gives you some reaction time.

Position awareness. Periodically glance around so that you have a 360 degree sense of all vehicles around you. Watch for danger and adjust to minimize.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 5:23 pm

Remember where the brakes are.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 6:09 pm

Never drive under influence (that includes not only alcohol and narcotics but also some medications)
don't speed
remember that people in the car with you can distract you as well
watching the road ahead of you without fail can cause drowsiness; move your eyes, look to the sides and even singing or talking to yourself can help you focus
follow the traffic signs and speed limits but keep in mind that there will be occasions where weather (fog, rain, snow) and/or icy conditions means you should slow down to below the speed limit

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 10:41 pm

TAKE BREAKS!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 11:17 pm

be considerate of other drivers .it is never a race to get where you are going.Jus be aware that
You are much luckier than others that have no choice but to , have to Walk instead .

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2020, 11:37 pm

don't waste time dilly-dallying.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2020, 12:05 am

You must always be able to stop within the distance you can see to be clear, or within half that distance on single track roads.

Empty your brain of all irrelevant junk such as the meeting you are going to, the conversation you had with your partner/friend a few minutes ago, how s**t your life is etc. Focus entirely on the driving task and what is going on around you.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 12:50 am

One thing that I myself forget is the fact that you have to essentially relearn to drive when you buy a new vehicle.

You drive your old vehicle by instinct and reflex, and for that reason you have to remember to reengage your conscious intellect when you drive a new car. Have to use your brain and not your reflexes for weeks before you can settle into your new vehicle the way you did with the old one, and can slip back into relying on instinct.

My previous car was an underpowered compact (a hybrid actually), and my new car is almost an SUV with a little too much horsepower even for its large size. And I have to remember to keep my foot light on the gas pedal nowadays ...to keep from smearing the bodies of pedestrians all over the apartment complex parking lot. Used to have to gun the engine when the light turned green just to move fast enough to be visibly moving at all... to keep the car behind me from honking. Now I have to flog myself to remember to take it slow- even when the light changes- so I don't charge through the intersection like a street racing punk kid who thinks he is staring in "Fast and Furious"- and get attention from the cops.

croydon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2020, 3:23 am

Hello everyone. Interesting topic