QFT
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 9:36 am

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
MLK: "a riot is the language of the unheard."
Blacks were unheard back in King's day, but not today.
Excuse me?  I grew up in the 1960s, and blacks were very much the causes and carriers of Dr. King's Civil Rights movement.

What I meant is that they were unheard by mainstream. Yes, the mainstream saw their protests but they were refusing to take their point seriously.

Today, on the other hand, the mainstream very much "does" take them seriously. Thats the difference.

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
I came to the US in 1994, when I was in the 8th grade, and ever since I came here, all I kept hearing about on my English classes was the plight of blacks.  Even when I took "city planning" class at the university, they hardly ever talked about "city planning"; most of the class was about blacks.
Are you sure, or are you just a victim of Confirmation Bias?

There was no confirmation bias because -- before coming to the US -- I haven't ever heard of or thought about the racial issues. I certainly weren't expecting to hear about them in the US. So there was no "confirmation".

I guess to be honest I didn't really care about what they do in English class altogether, so I was just taking whatever they say as it comes, writing whatever they wanted me to write, and then going back to my math. But, in the retrospect, yes, the majority of topics pertained to blacks.

If I try to remember what did we do from the classics, I only remember "The tempest" and "Scarlet letter". In contrast, they did quite a bit of short stories pertaining blacks, too many to count.

And as far as "city planning" class, I don't remember them saying anything about the "planning". Not a single thing. Yet I very much do remember lots of sociological discussion -- majority of which pertained blacks.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 10:31 am

QFT wrote:
aghogday wrote:
The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword; But Not Everyone Has a Pen;
Perhaps this Explains Why the Story Book Jesus Who Was Illiterate

It doesn't say He was illetirate. On the contrary, it says at the age of 12 he was studying extensively with the rabbis in the temple and they were astonished at His knowledge.

If you say illitirate in terms of other subjects, you have to keep in mind that it was the 1-st century. I suspect that, back then, rabbis played the same role as the teachers do today. I am not saying its the case, thats why I said "I suspect", I would have to look into that.

But in any case, if they did have other teachers besides Rabbis, there is no where in the Bible where it says Jesus wasn't one of their students. The Bible can't say everything. For one thing the Bible skipped over most of His childhood (except for his birth and that one incident when He was 12). So you have no evidence that He "didn't" go to school as a child. For all we know He did, the Bible just skipped that part.

aghogday wrote:
Went
into the Temple, Violently Turning the Tables Over, Rioting With Cords Turned
Into Whips, Driving Everyone Out, including Cattle And Sheep;

He only did that to people that were participating in the alleged injustice. If you didn't participate in whatever financial things they were doing, you wouldn't be affected by the table being overturned since your money wouldn't be on these tables.

On the other hand, the rioters we are talking about right now are affecting people that aren't being part of it. Are they mad at the business owners that they didn't interfere? Then maybe they can just smash the window of the ONE business owner that called a security or AT MOST the business owners on that block (I am not saying they should -- I am just making a REALLY HUGE STRETCH in their favor). But how exactly were they expecting the businesses on the other end of the city to somehow know what was going on AND get to the location on time to somehow stop the cops? And ESPECIALLY how were they expecting the cops/businesses in LA to do it?

aghogday wrote:
He also got Pissed and
Created A Conspiracy Theory that Pigs Were possessed by Demons And Sent the Innocent
Pigs to their Death Over A Cliff Before The Pigs Had an Opportunity to Fulfill Their Destiny
As Bacon
But Wait!
That's against
Jewish Law to Eat Bacon!

You just answered your own question: its against Jewish law to eat bacon. And, once again, what Jesus did affected *only* the people participating in the wrongdoing (eating bacon). The people that don't intend to eat bacon don't have the swine and so they wouldn't be affected by what Jesus did.

If you say that its none of His business to ensure other people's obedience to Jewish law, you have to remember, He is the Son of God, and He backed it up with numerous miracles. The protesters aren't prophets and never claimed to be, so thats the difference.

Smiles, it's all Just A Poem And A Metaphor;
No Different Really Than A Bible Written by
Innumerable Ghost Authors Then Both Changed
By Mistake and Intention by Innumerable Scribes
Copying by Pen over Centuries too; i've read more than
the Bible; That's why i understand More in Life than the Bible And God As Well.

i 'Dance'; That's Why i Understand More Than 'Song'.

God Is Bigger than A Bible;
And Surely Bigger than Any Man;
For God Is Nature Hard to Miss on Any
Spring Day With Flowers, Birds, And Bees Free
In Any Season Where Love Breathes As Us and the
Rest of Nature Breathes
God True
DarK
Thru
LiGhT NoW;
As FLoWeRS
And THoRNS
Complete
Colors
iN Rise oF
Rose Real too.

i Don't LiVE iN
An Ivory Tower;
Or A Bible; i AM
Nature i Dance Sing
BReATHE iN All That Exists Free

-God

And Remember Please;
i am only Writing A Poem;
No Different than any Other
Art Form that Attempts to Relate
Essence of All that Is NoW For ReaL (God);

If you Don't Understand Poetry;
You'll Never Understand the
Bible for that is Precisely what
It Is; Just A Story And Just A Poem;
Only Difference Here is One Author
Or ArThur, Depending on How one Spells my 'Middle Name';

THere is No Way Anyone Can 'Make'
Someone Understand 'Poetry' Only 'They' will come to 'Breathe'.

Accredited Divinity Schools Agree Jesus the Man was Illiterate and Probably Lived.

And Even If He could Write; No Written Words Came Until Decades and More After His Death.

And on Top of that; It was the 'Catholic Officials'; the Same Overall Organization that Protects
Pedophile Priests From the Top of the Organization until Modern Days that came to a Decision
That Transformed A Humble Little Brown Dude Who Taught the Last are First and the Meek Inherit
the Kingdom of God On Earth Within Now; Yes, Who Changed Him Into A Myth Instead of a Humble Teacher
Who Emptied His Pockets and Only went out to Teach a Lesson of Love to All for Free Living off the Kindness of
others
for
Free;
in Other Words, Jesus
is Truly that Dude with
No Shoes on under a Bridge (Homeless Folks);
And Not the Troll in the White House for Damned Sure For Real Now;
And Yes, of course, the Brown/Black Man Who Was Crucified for NO Good
Reason at all Under A 'Bended Knee'.

It's Not a Question of
What is Right or Wrong;
It is the Answer for Why;
Folks Do what they Do; War and Peace Happens that's Life.

Love
Comes
And Goes too;
And Love Never Goes Away Now
Either at Least as Long as Human 'Breathes'...

Without 'that'
Even the
Myth
of
JeSuS Is Dead
Crucified 'Suffocated' To Death NoW

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 11:20 am

QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Excuse me?  I grew up in the 1960s, and blacks were very much the causes and carriers of Dr. King's Civil Rights movement.
What I meant is that they were unheard by mainstream. Yes, the mainstream saw their protests but they were refusing to take their point seriously.  Today, on the other hand, the mainstream very much "does" take them seriously. Thats the difference.
Dude, I was THERE (Chicago, Detroit, and cities in-between).  You weren't even born yet, so don't even try to pretend that you know more than I about the subject.  During the Watts Riots of 1965, there were similar protests in sympathy, with many interviews of blacks by local and national news outlets.  Rosa Parks was even interviewed many times after her refusal to move to the back of the bus in 1955!

The Civil Rights movement has been going on far longer than either of us have been around.  Get woke!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 2:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:

World peace through nonviolent means is neither absurd nor unattainable. All other methods have failed. Thus we must begin anew. Nonviolence is a good starting point. Those of us who believe in this method can be voices of reason, sanity, and understanding amid the voices of violence, hatred, and emotion. We can very well set a mood of peace out of which a system of peace can be built.

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction.

In struggling for human dignity the oppressed people of the world must not allow themselves to become bitter or indulge in hate campaigns. To retaliate with hate and bitterness would do nothing but intensify the hate in the world. Along the way of life, someone must have sense enough and morality enough to cut off the chain of hate. This can be done only by projecting the ethics of love to the center of our lives.

Everything I find from hI’m speaks of peace, and love not hate.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 2:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." -- Dr. Isaac Asimov, Biochemist, B.S., M.A., Ph.D.

Then America must the most incompetent police in the developed world.
One has to wonder why conservative cries for non-violence are directed at protesters and rioters and not the police who killed a man without cause. Why is all the cynicism directed at the protesters and not at the police? Conservative cynicism about government seems to mainly apply when they raise taxes or overregulate business. But if the army or the police kill citizens without due process, the conservative supports them unconditionally. Their love for the 5th amendment evaporates the moment the government's thugs cry "self defense!"

As was mentioned, the Black Panthers in the 60s conducted armed marches as well. Why? To make it clear to the police that they would not be easy targets for their violence. They were carrying out patrols of the own neighborhoods because the police would not prevent crime. (If anything, they added more violence to the equation). They were watching the watchmen. Conservatives claim to believe we should own guns so that we can deter the government from oppressing us. So that the government's armed thugs will think twice, or at have a real fight on their hands if they go too far. But what did the Republicans of California do in 1967 in response to these marches and patrols? They worked with Democrats to pass the Mulford Act, which banned the public carrying of armed weapons in California. It seems the best way to get conservatives on board with gun control is to put guns in the hands of non-conservatives. (Disclaimer for those who did not see: I believe in my right to arm myself, so that isn't exactly something I want).

Black gunowners stage an armed march? We got bipartisan gun control. White gunowners stage an armed march? (Despite being so appallingly unoppressed?) Republicans give them a pat on the back.
Even if it was more than 50 years ago, the injustices the black community faces are all too present. And police are still apparently deathly frightened by unarmed black men--one has to wonder how scared they would be if more of them decided to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

This has already gotten so long but I thought I would share the expanded quote on riots from MLK:

Quote:
. . . So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.

Conservatives are under the odd impression that MLK would only be disturbed by the violence of riots, and not be so disturbed by the police violence which continues to kill black men in this country. Non-violence is strangely only demanded of civilians and not those in the government. And for all his advocacy for non-violence, the southern conservative still saw him killed. That doesn't really encourage people to be unconditionally non-violent. If conservatives and police are so terrified of riots, they should take heed of the last line in that quote especially. You advocate non-violence? Demand non-violence from the government first.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 May 2020, 3:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Can we please stop showing concern for people who break the law and suffer the consequences?
... Blindly defending police brutality is not standing up for justice. It is the opposite.
Blindly defending brutality against police is not standing up for justice, either.

In a civilized society, people don't attack police in Los Angeles in retaliation for a police attack in Minneapolis.

I am not condoning violence (or murder) on either side, but to paint ALL police as solely responsible for the actions of even ONE police officer would be like me blaming ALL blacks for the murder of my cousin by just ONE black youth.

It isn’t just one police officer though, is it? It’s hundreds of police officers all across America - not just those who kill people, particularly black people, but their colleagues who support them, their superiors who encourage them, the union members who elect white supremacists to represent them, the prosecutors who don’t press charges, the juries who don’t convict.

This keeps happening because the police and the American public keep letting it happen. The police are institutionally racist. They murdered a black man in broad daylight, then wrongfully arrested a bunch of black protesters, some of them on camera, using the excuse that they were “just following orders”.

Yes, a small number of looters committed criminal offences, and were wrong to do so. But that’s small potatoes compared to institutional racism and murder.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 May 2020, 3:21 pm

Bradleigh wrote:

Believe me I am not a liberal. Liberalism is the belief system that believes everyone, but especially those in power including businesses, can do whatever their want even if it infringes on equal opportunity and fair treatment of those with less power.

Bit of a sidetrack but that’s tankie BS. You are describing libertarianism, which is liberalism for people who have been asleep for 200 years - and even most libertarians have at least some idea of fairness and non-discrimination.

Liberalism has been responsible for most of the social progress we have made in that time - not to mention the economic progress - including anti-discrimination laws. Liberals believe in genuine equality and fairness.

Liberals are often criticised from the left because we support capitalism, but there’s a big difference between “it should be legal to own a business” and “only rich people have rights”.

Usually you’re a fair debater so I was surprised to see such a staggering misrepresentation from you.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:28 pm

QFT wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Why would this happen in Minneapolis? I thought these things only happened in red states.

Actually I heard that Alabama and Mississippi (I don't remember what order) were the two states with the *least* number of racial violence cases during one of these years. I know it flies against most people's stereotypes, but somehow it makes a lot of sense to me. The way I see it is that southerners are traditionalist. That implies two things. On the one hand, it means a lot of respect for conservative values (hence right wing politics) and, on the other hand, it means opposition to any kind of inappropriate behavior -- which is why it won't even cross their mind to engage in any kind of violence (racist or otherwise).

I, personally, lived in Mississippi for 2 years. First half a year I lived in a house and had a black roommate. My landlord had thick southern accent -- yet she was friends with black roommate just as much as with anyone else. Then after that I moved into the dorm. In the dorm I had one black roommate and one White roommate. They had large confederate flag hanging on the wall. I later learned that it wasn't either of my roommates that put it there but one of their friends -- who is White and is liberal. Nevertheless, my White roommate was very openly conservative, at least when it comes to guns but with other things too. Yet -- both my White roommate and that other White guy that put up the confederate flag -- they were both good friends of the black roommate. They didn't really care about the color of the people they are friends with, color just wasn't a factor for them.

So maybe southerners don't hate black people the way they are portrayed to do. Especially not in the violent way. Rather, they are just sticking to their traditions and like to remember the past. Then the Northerners when they watch them remembering the past they are like "oh, they must be missing slavery days, they must be racist". But thats other people putting words into their mouths.

I mentioned the South because of historical race relations, support for Trump, the Confederate flag debate, and the fact that many states in that region are trying to enforce the Evangelical Christian equivalent of Sharia law.

For years, I have been trying to relocate to Seattle to escape those things, but unless one makes $100,000+, they can't afford it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 29 May 2020, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Can we please stop showing concern for people who break the law and suffer the consequences?
Can we stop pretending some people deserve to be murdered in the streets by police.
While only those who pose a clear and imminent threat to the lives of others may deserve to be "murdered" by police, attacking police in Los Angeles for something that happened 2000 miles away is simply wrong, and those Los Angeles protesters who got injured while trying to murder those Los Angeles police do NOT deserve any sympathy at all, whatsoever.

Is anyone actually supporting attacking police (especially in another location) on here?

Not on here that I am aware of, but I would imagine there are definitely people out there who do.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:53 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Can we stop pretending some people deserve to be murdered in the streets by police.
While only those who pose a clear and imminent threat to the lives of others may deserve to be "murdered" by police, attacking police in Los Angeles for something that happened 2000 miles away is simply wrong, and those Los Angeles protesters who got injured while trying to murder those Los Angeles police do NOT deserve any sympathy at all, whatsoever.

Is anyone actually supporting attacking police (especially in another location) on here?

Not on here that I am aware of, but I would imagine there are definitely people out there who do.

Bitching about them here isn't going to change anyone's opinion, especially if none of us even disagree with the bitching. Maybe next we can rant about how horrible sharia law is despite the fact that no one on the forum has ever expressed support for it because maybe some folks really want to rant about it no matter how irrelevant it is.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:15 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... Blindly defending police brutality is not standing up for justice. It is the opposite.
Blindly defending brutality against police is not standing up for justice, either.

In a civilized society, people don't attack police in Los Angeles in retaliation for a police attack in Minneapolis.

I am not condoning violence (or murder) on either side, but to paint ALL police as solely responsible for the actions of even ONE police officer would be like me blaming ALL blacks for the murder of my cousin by just ONE black youth.

It isn’t just one police officer though, is it? It’s hundreds of police officers all across America - not just those who kill people, particularly black people, but their colleagues who support them, their superiors who encourage them, the union members who elect white supremacists to represent them, the prosecutors who don’t press charges, the juries who don’t convict.

This keeps happening because the police and the American public keep letting it happen. The police are institutionally racist. They murdered a black man in broad daylight, then wrongfully arrested a bunch of black protesters, some of them on camera, using the excuse that they were “just following orders”.

Yes, a small number of looters committed criminal offences, and were wrong to do so. But that’s small potatoes compared to institutional racism and murder.

I saw hundreds of them burning buildings I wouldn’t call that small

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:17 pm

sly279 wrote:

Let's talk about property damage to distract from the real issue. :roll:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:19 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Believe me I am not a liberal. Liberalism is the belief system that believes everyone, but especially those in power including businesses, can do whatever their want even if it infringes on equal opportunity and fair treatment of those with less power.

Bit of a sidetrack but that’s tankie BS. You are describing libertarianism, which is liberalism for people who have been asleep for 200 years - and even most libertarians have at least some idea of fairness and non-discrimination.

Liberalism has been responsible for most of the social progress we have made in that time - not to mention the economic progress - including anti-discrimination laws. Liberals believe in genuine equality and fairness.

Liberals are often criticised from the left because we support capitalism, but there’s a big difference between “it should be legal to own a business” and “only rich people have rights”.

Usually you’re a fair debater so I was surprised to see such a staggering misrepresentation from you.

Not to say that your definition may be correct in your specific culture, but I think that there is a bit of a difference of definitions, which maybe have a bit of a conflict here. In my country, Australia, the Liberal party is rightwing, with the opposing party being the labor party being the Labor party on the left.

I don't at all ever recall the phrase like "libertarianism" describing our right wing party, the differences exist in that the labor party has historically been the party of the worker, that it was pretty common to see people move from the major unions into the labor party, and fights for the little guy and progressive social changes. While the Liberal party has been more upper class for the owners, pretty much so they can do what they want regardless of unions, and lately done things like help the interests of rich coal mining companies such as create government funded mining universities and call climate protestors terrorists.

So even if I meet someone else's definition of a liberal, in my culture the label makes me feel sick as people who would call people who are protesting to have less fossil fuels used and save planet, as automatic eco-terrorists, so rich people can get richer.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
Fnord wrote:
QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
What I meant is that they were unheard by mainstream. Yes, the mainstream saw their protests but they were refusing to take their point seriously.  Today, on the other hand, the mainstream very much "does" take them seriously. Thats the difference.
Dude, I was THERE (Chicago, Detroit, and cities in-between).  You weren't even born yet, so don't even try to pretend that you know more than I about the subject.  During the Watts Riots of 1965, there were similar protests in sympathy, with many interviews of blacks by local and national news outlets.  Rosa Parks was even interviewed many times after her refusal to move to the back of the bus in 1955!

The Civil Rights movement has been going on far longer than either of us have been around.  Get woke!

You are taking what I said too literally. I didn't mean to say "nobody" paid attention. I meant to say that they had "less" support back than then they do today. "Less" doesn't mean "little". They certainly didn't have the government on their side back then -- and nowdays they do.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:46 pm

aghogday wrote:
That's why i understand More in Life than the Bible And God As Well.

Saying you understand more than God is blasphemous. You can't understand more than God if God is the one Who created you. Also God is the One who created everything you claim to understand. If God created those things, God surely understands them better than you do.

aghogday wrote:
God Is Bigger than A Bible;

Its true that God didn't reveal *everything* in the Bible. For example, Jesus claimed that nobody knows when the end of the age will come, not even a son, only the father. So that is an example where the Bible expressly didn't reveal something that God claims to know.

However, that does not contradict the fact that everything that Bible DID reveal is true. If statements A and B are both true, its possible to make statement A and skip statement B -- and then what you said is still true, since you didn't negate B, you simply skipped it.

aghogday wrote:
And Remember Please;
i am only Writing A Poem;

I am glad to hear it, and I like your poetry. I just felt like there were some points that needed to be made. But otherwise your poetry is good.

aghogday wrote:
Accredited Divinity Schools Agree Jesus the Man was Illiterate and Probably Lived.

What is their evidence?

aghogday wrote:
And Even If He could Write; No Written Words Came Until Decades and More After His Death.

Holy spirit was reminding the disciples of what Jesus was saying when they were writing the Bible.

aghogday wrote:
And on Top of that; It was the 'Catholic Officials';

I agree with you that you shouldn't take other people's words for it but study it for yourself. But, by the same token, why did you refer to Bible scholars as a "proof" that Jesus was illiterate? Why is it "better" to trust Bible scholars than it is to trust Catholic officials? By the way, I am a Protestant so I don't trust Catholic officials either. I am just using it as an opportunity to show you why you shouldn't be trusting Bible scholars (since you did a bit earlier).

aghogday wrote:
Pedophile Priests From the Top of the Organization until Modern Days that came to a Decision
That Transformed A Humble Little Brown Dude Who Taught the Last are First and the Meek Inherit
the Kingdom of God On Earth Within Now; Yes, Who Changed Him Into A Myth

How do you know he said "meek will inherit the Earth"? You know it from the Bible. But then -- again from the Bible -- you also know about Him making other statements where he was describing Himself as a king (look at the parable of the talents for example). So you can't pick and choose as to which parts of the Bible you trust and which you don't. You have to look at "all" His teachings and make the best sense out of it.

aghogday wrote:
Instead of a Humble Teacher
Who Emptied His Pockets and Only went out to Teach a Lesson of Love to All for Free Living off the Kindness of
others
for
Free;

Yes He did that too. Nobody denies it. But like I said you have to look at "everything" He did, not just bits and pieces that you like.

aghogday wrote:
in Other Words, Jesus
is Truly that Dude with
No Shoes on under a Bridge (Homeless Folks);

I agree that Jesus was homeless: He said "foxes have holes, the birds of the air have nests but the Son of Man have nowhere to lay His head".

However, that doesn't imply illiterate. He had education -- as one can see from the part when He was 12 and rabbis were astounished at His knowledge.

The reason most homeless "today" are illiterate is that most of them aren't homeless by choice. But in case of Jesus, yes He was homeless by choice. So His situation is very different.

aghogday wrote:
And Not the Troll in the White House for Damned Sure For Real Now;

I don't think Donald Trump is saved. I view him as "lesser of two evils". I would rather have someone crazy like Trump than to have someone who supports abortion. And I am sure Jesus opposed abortion too -- remember the verse where He blessed the little children.

aghogday wrote:
And Yes, of course, the Brown/Black Man Who Was Crucified for NO Good
Reason at all Under A 'Bended Knee'.

Equating a mere man to Jesus is blasphemous. Just for the record, George Floyd was in prison 5 times. Killing him was still just as wrong, but he is no saint.

aghogday wrote:
Even the
Myth
of
JeSuS Is Dead
Crucified 'Suffocated' To Death NoW

Jesus rose from the death and one day He is coming back to save us from all this nightmare.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 9:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Let's talk about property damage to distract from the real issue. :roll:

You’d feel different if it was your business or home burning down. And they might been people killed inside the buildings.

Looting and burning building is disctractig from the situation, the rioters don’t care a s**t about the victim it’s just excuse for them to do what they couldn’t normally