Hurt myself during funny Aspie moment

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:05 pm

So last night my boyfriend was cooking sausages, and I was carrying a basket full of laundry into another room to be put into the washing machine. But as I was walking under the smoke alarm, I suddenly smelt the fat from the sausages which sometimes sets off the smoke alarm. Being unable to put my fingers in my ears because of carrying a laundry basket, I wanted to get away from the smoke alarm quickly in case it went off above me, so I dashed into the next room. But as I did so, the laundry basket kind of made it awkward to rush through the door, and it made me smack my face right into the doorframe, also hurting my knee. But I still didn't care, as I'd rather hurt myself than to be right under the smoke alarm when it goes off, so when I managed to finally get through the door, I dropped the laundry basket down - right on top of my toes, just so I could shut the door behind me quickly.
Then I yelled "OUCH!" :lol:

It was funny though. I'd say it was an Aspie moment, because I was anticipating the smoke alarm, and when I anticipate a sudden loud sound that may occur any minute, it absolutely startles me more than if I wasn't expecting it. In other words, I hate sudden loud noises and if I am unable to put my fingers in my ears I have to rush away from the scene quickly.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:08 pm

Awww.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:12 pm

That's cute and rather ironic! I cooked sausage yesterday as well. Earlier when I was carrying a laundry basket I nearly fell down the stairs (which I'm rather adept at doing these days), because I smacked a door frame just like you.

Twilight Zone!

(( Cheers to autism ))

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 2:42 am

Several months ago I was out in the garden after sunset, and so focused on my line of thought I forgot the french doors were closed... and walked straight into them face-first and hard. :oops:
Woke Mrs K up with the bang, and thinking it was someone breaking in she came downstairs wielding the katana she keeps by the bed. :lol:
Fun times. 8)

I live in fear of the smoke alarm too... I’ve been known to stand underneath it ready to hit the off button quick when there’s bacon or sausages or toast in preparation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 2:52 am

i hope the OP didn't permanently injure herself.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 4:42 am

I wonder what it would look like if this scene was turned into a movie?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 4:47 am

mebbe something like the monty python "bucket" sketch?