Page 1 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 9:24 pm

I’m not spending $120 on a date. That’s $480 a month if your only dating one woman once a week.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 9:58 pm

Woo-hoo we're no. 1 NY :roll:. It's bad enough that we're usually no 1 is cost of living surveys, but then we're no. 1 in covid-19 too :oops:

Not that I have much experience in dating. And not much success in the little dating I did do. But I can see advantages to keeping it simple and inexpensive. How about a movie and a coffee house type place afterwards?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 10:07 pm

CarlM wrote:
Woo-hoo we're no. 1 NY :roll:. It's bad enough that we're usually no 1 is cost of living surveys, but then we're no. 1 in covid-19 too :oops:

Not that I have much experience in dating. And not much success in the little dating I did do. But I can see advantages to keeping it simple and inexpensive. How about a movie and a coffee house type place afterwards?

Some pLaces a movie ticket is 25 dollars. So $50 for two. Plus food and drinks.
Mean two people here is $7 ticket each. $8 drink and $8 popcorn if we share(probably not in first date. So just movie is $46 and our ticket prices are cheap compared to most places. So I could see how dinner and a movie would add up to $120+ especially in New York City.

I only made $400 a month with $300 being used for bills and expenses.
Rest needed for toothpaste and deodorant and what not with some fun money. So I can’t be spending even $25 a date.
:cry:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:06 am

why would you not share popcorn on a first date?

sly279 wrote:
I’m not spending $120 on a date.

good, cause if you have two brain cells worth rubbing together, and you're with someone who's tagging along cause she likes YOU and doesn't just want you to buy her stuff, then you never will!

where the hell did all these numbers come from? are AVERAGE people really spending over $200 in california on a date? don't think so
not that i had many dates but i never spent near that number. probably cause we're young and poor but still. nobody i know did that either and if they did, it would probably be conversation material.

basically chief, i'm not buying it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:45 am

sly279 wrote:

I’m not spending $120 on a date. That’s $480 a month if your only dating one woman once a week.

Instead of paying for the date,
Tell her she can have her way with you.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? :mrgreen:

BTW,
Why aren't there any "Duck" emojis on this website? 8O

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:52 am

My first four dates combined with current beau cost him a bowl of soup and one regular coffee, only because it was freezing outside and we wanted to keep talking. We spend our time walking our dogs or playing Scrabble at his house. We don't go out for restaurants or movies. Since the virus started we've met twice to sit on a picnic blanket as the dogs played, and once outside my house to say hello. I don't know why people think that it has to cost so much. If you enjoy each other's company you don't need add-ons.

*Date Five, we ordered a pizza. Big splurge.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:54 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
why would you not share popcorn on a first date?

sly279 wrote:
I’m not spending $120 on a date.

good, cause if you have two brain cells worth rubbing together, and you're with someone who's tagging along cause she likes YOU and doesn't just want you to buy her stuff, then you never will!

where the hell did all these numbers come from? are AVERAGE people really spending over $200 in california on a date? don't think so
not that i had many dates but i never spent near that number. probably cause we're young and poor but still. nobody i know did that either and if they did, it would probably be conversation material.

basically chief, i'm not buying it.

Men run around women to make them happy,
So they can get sex.

Penny, from "The Big Bang Theory" knows how it works.
It is a boyfriend's job to make his girlfriend happy.
The girlfriend lets him do that.
Hence the symbiotic relationship/paradigm that has been established for eons.
Who the hell doesn't know that! 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:56 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My first four dates combined with current beau cost him a bowl of soup and one regular coffee, only because it was freezing outside and we wanted to keep talking. We spend our time walking our dogs or playing Scrabble at his house. We don't go out for restaurants or movies. Since the virus started we've met twice to sit on a picnic blanket as the dogs played, and once outside my house to say hello. I don't know why people think that it has to cost so much. If you enjoy each other's company you don't need add-ons.

You need to trade up.
I will offer you a soup, a coffee, and a goat.
Deal? 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 12:57 am

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

You need to trade up.
Deal? 8)

with a side of cabbage?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 1:03 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

You need to trade up.
Deal? 8)

with a side of cabbage?

As long as you have a scented toilet candle with you for afterwards, it's a done deal. 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 1:09 am

My whole house is candles and faerie lights. I even have skunk spray remover, for my dog.

I think we're golden.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 2:17 am

...Who are these people spending piles of money on dates? And are these first dates, or your regularly recurring dates? I don't even know which is worse. I propose you all move to South Dakota.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 2:20 am

Caveat emptor: While dates are less expensive, them red state girls don't believe in sex outside of marriage, and will only do missionary.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 2:54 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
...Who are these people spending piles of money on dates?

You call *that* a pile of money for a date?
*This* is a pile of money: $440.
And *that* is just for an hour. 8)

Tim_Tex wrote:
Caveat emptor: While dates are less expensive, them red state girls don't believe in sex outside of marriage, and will only do missionary.

Well, missionaries have a sex drive also. :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 3:12 am

Pepe wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
...Who are these people spending piles of money on dates?

You call *that* a pile of money for a date?
*This* is a pile of money: $440.
And *that* is just for an hour. 8)

Wow, I must live in a really low rent district. The girls in my neighborhood don't charge anywhere near that much for a "date."

I mean, um, so I hear.

There Are Four Lights!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 5:31 am

Some states obviously have very rich quarters.