controller problems..xbox controller too big?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 1:32 am

Well so I have realized the xbox controller is rather larger sized/bulkier than the PS3 controller. And well I have smallish hands so it can make it hard to have it comfortable in my hand. That said I have looked into an off brand controller, that is at least approved by the Xbox company or certified or something but its The Hyperkin X91 Its sort of a retro style...looks a bit like a nintendo controller from the 90s or whatever but the button placement compared to the xbox controllers is pretty close and also this controller is smaller sized.

Well I have pretty small hands, so yeah I plan to try that controller to see if it works better for me. I have seen some reviews on youtube where it ddid not get the highest rating, but all the reviews I saw were people with larger hands and a lot of their complaint was it was just too small...well I wonder how well it works for someone like me who probably has the perfect hand size for it. Could be that makes a difference...like no der of course some guy with huge hands with long fingers might not find the controller very helpful, but if your hands are so small they don't entirely smother the controller seems it could be helpful.

Also just seems like...nowdays especially, well err its not just males with bigger hands and more gangly longer fingers that play games...more and more females are getting into it so I figure at some point they may start making controllers that are better designed for a womans hands, like at the very least they could make some slightly smaller controllers that allow for someone like me with small hands to operate the controls better. But whatever microsoft themselves have not made one. But the Hyperkin made the X91 which was at least certified by Xbox, sure it looks a little more retro but from pictures I see and reviews seems like it would still have the same functionality of the Xbox brand controller. Most negative reviews seemed to be from males with bigger hands saying its so small they might have trouble playing on it for a longer session, where my problem is the regular xbox controller is a bit too big for my hands. So IDk perhaps its the controller for me, even if guys with big hands find it too cumbersome.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 3:16 am

UHH I barely even referenced the controller I was talking about. Its the Hyperskin X91, if you type that into google I am sure an image will come up. But yeah its much smaller than the regular xbox controller, and is vaugly more akin to the size of the ps3 controller with a kind of retro 90;s lookk but I figure it might make it easier on my hands to reach the buttons and stuff if the controller is more compact.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:22 pm

Looks like a cool controller. Just get it from Amazon and if you don't like it, return it, no questions asked, nothing to lose. I got small hands like Donald Trump too, at least small for a guy. I personally like the xbox controller so much more than my PS4 controller, but I think that is mainly cause some of my fingers are messed up and the xbox controller is more comfortable to hold.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:37 pm

You must have really tiny hands. I personally love the Xbox one controller. I think it is the best controller I have ever used and it is also the most comfortable controller I have ever used. It sucks that it's too bulky for you. I hope the new one works out for you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:45 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
You must have really tiny hands. I personally love the Xbox one controller. I think it is the best controller I have ever used and it is also the most comfortable controller I have ever used. It sucks that it's too bulky for you. I hope the new one works out for you.

I certainly do.

But to be fair, I can sill use the Xbox one controller but after a while my hands just get more sore...I never had that trouble with the Ps3 controller and the one I've been looking at is closer to the size and shape of that.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

They should make different size controllers like they do clothes to fit smaller and larger hands. I say that only because the actual design of the Xbox one controller feels very natural to me. I wonder if it would be economically feasible to do that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 1:08 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
They should make different size controllers like they do cloths to fit smaller and larger hands. I say that only because the actual design of the Xbox one controller feels very natural to me. I wonder if it would be economically feasible to do that.

I think the controller feels natural for a lot of people, hence why they keep that design. But it would be cool if they made a smaller version...ha ha they already have adaptive controllers to help people with disabilities, but no smaller controllers for children and those of us with smaller hands?

There is a mini xbox controller with the same shape made by another brand but certified by Xbox...but looking at the picture it had a very shiny/glossy finish and I worry it would just get gross and slippery from my hands sweating so that didn't quite appeal.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 6:41 pm

I usually find nieche controlers i end up swearing by. I'm sure smaller controlers exist. However not every offbrand control is the best quality. Idk I'm more into pc gaming nowadays anyway... Shame were not talking about computer mice.