Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 10:52 am

I understand that everyone here needs to vent too many people here are getting to the point where they believe that this is the end of the world and there will be a civil war! People who are engaged in that need to chill because it is simply not true and is defeatist thinking even if it is true do you actually think that the war would destroy most of the good things about life?It really got to me today! People are really taking for granted the fact that there is mostly good things and comfort in this world! For those of us stuck in negativity cycle that people are trying their hardest to force on us see the above sentence!We are mostly safe!! ! I've found people here who are sane enough to admit that all that negative stuff is only negativity talking but yesh!! !

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 10:57 am

Also this website should have free counseling avalible so that people who do pollute and poison this site with that stuff won't do so.We should be able to talk to a counselor right when its needed and not have to wait til its trauma.If nothing is done then I'm leaving and not coming back to this or any other autism support site.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 11:03 am

Hokieman7 wrote:
Also this website should have free counseling avalible so that people who do pollute and poison this site with that stuff won't do so.We should be able to talk to a counselor right when its needed and not have to wait til its trauma.If nothing is done then I'm leaving and not coming back to this or any other autism support site.

Some would say that this is co-counselling here. Can you arrange for finance for a support staff?

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 11:24 am

I wish I could.I just wish there were a way to do something to get people immediate help instead of waiting.There were 2 individuals here earlier today saying stuff like the world will end and there will be a civil war because of the virus and riots which anyone can see it's probably just the negativity talking and isn't likely.I swear that too many people here are turning their backs to positivity and letting the negativity forcefully brainwash them and everyone else.Even I engaged in it this morning!I know I've made mistakes but does that mean that more good hearted people than me have to suffer for my mistakes?I mean yesh. Its arrrgghh you know?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 12:13 pm

Stay away from the politics and religion forum, and maybe the news and current events forum too. I do, because they are mostly full of American politics about Trump and whatever other s**t is going on across the lake right now.

It's hard to not take your mind off the COVID pandemic though, so at the moment having Asperger's is the least of my worries. I so badly wish they would find a vaccine for this damn virus, because I hate all the social restrictions and the paranoia of people and the shaming of people going out and everything. I hate being controlled - I thought this was a free country.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 12:14 pm

There have been major pandemics in the past and the world would stumble through them. Some were much more serious than COVID-19, which is a light weight. There have been many riots in the pasts. Most of these occurred around the election years. These riots IMHO are well planned rather than being spontaneous. One injustice is magnified and focused by the constant barrage of the media. The insurrections are well funded. They are politically motivated. Generally the riots seem to die down after the election. Not really close to an end-of-the-world scenario.

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 3:05 pm

Thanks jimmy m! I needed to hear someone be level headed enough to admit that this is not end of the world type stuff.I don't like politics at all and I rather not be involved in political discussion but recent years have made it so that I a person who wouldn't have gone political in a million years felt uncomfortable enough to.I don't like that people can't be civil and unnegative when it comes to what they believe is right.I myself have been lowered to the point where i feel that anyone brainwashed by the endless negativity cycle which includes myself ,some of us and a heck of a lot of so called nts, should be taken out of society and locked into mental asylums for their own good til those people relearn to be not be so overwelmingly negative that they brainwash others because the others won't be able to see anything else other than the negativity.It seems to me that this behavior is actually forcing people to turn their backs on the fact that life is pretty good at least in this country and makes people defend most of the time rather than enjoy what good things they do have. In my opinion corruption and evil are not things perpetuated by most members of any political party or anything else and people are for the most part good hearted.

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 3:12 pm

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can talk to a person right away instead of waiting what may end up being a long time if even ever to hear someone sane enough to say things or at least I will be ok?I'm getting to the point where I can't even go a couple of weeks or even 3 days with asked if thing are going to be ok.I shouldn't even have to ask many people very often at all if things are going to be ok.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 3:55 pm

Just read what the reasonable people say on WP, and otherwise.

George Wills is someone who is conservative, yet sensible.

Governor Andrew Cuomo is a bit of a blowhard—but what he says usually makes sense.

Also: read up on past pandemics (e.g., the Spanish Flu of 1918), which people suffered through, but ultimately prevailed.

Read up on the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Read up on human history, in general. People overcame much more than what is happening now.

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2020, 5:22 pm

Thanks!

vividgroovy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jun 2020, 3:50 am

I'm kind of funny about these things. I'm more likely to panic about minor things than major global events.

I remember back in 2011, someone left pamphlets around the store where I work that said, "For more information about the end of the world, please dial [800 number.]" :lol:

I have a friend who believes COVID-19 doesn't exist and it's some sort of conspiracy involving cell phone towers and the Anti-Christ. I don't believe that at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 6:11 am

Have your friend come to New York City, and view the refrigerator trucks.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 7:06 am

there are various online counseling services available , a quick search on google should , give you a large number of options . It is easy to give into the negative media hype and others whom would take advantage of it , just to be controversial . Try not to let this stuff overwelm you . Might try to steer clear of sensationalistic threads on this site temporarily .

where ever you go ,there you are

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 7:35 am

Of course before covid-19, there was the climate change debate. I think that got people primed for for taking sides: Either end-of-the-word is coming if we don't do something; Or this is just an excuse for big gov to curtail our rights. I suppose the extreme fringe who deny covid-19 are thinking it's more of the same. I read yesterday about the Boogaloo movement. Right wing, anti-gov extremists who are showing up in Minneapolis as an anti-gov force. I think for these people they see everything adding up to big gov trying to curtail our rights. These people should study the 1918 flu pandemic and see what can happen when the federal gov didn't think it was their job to manage the crisis.

The most disturbing thing I have seen locally is people aggressively disregarding covid-19 restrictions. The one George Floyd protest I witnessed was peaceful. I was happy to see a protest happening, this being a reasonable position to take. When people disregard covid-19 restrictions, I wonder what they are thinking but imagine they aren't being reasonable or responsible.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 12:38 pm

You can't measure the quality of something

Something you find good, someone else might find bad

The world contains seven billion people

Some people think the lockdown insufficient

Some people think the lockdown overboard

Some people think the lockdown good

Some people think the lockdown bad

Unless you precognitive, you don't know when the next war occurs

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2020, 3:54 am

Thanks everyone for responding! All those anwsers have helped me! I may have been displaying some attitude and/or blatent ignorance in the WP forums, my own horrid negativity cycle and I just noted that at least one of my posts had like a ton of grammatical errors and I apologize for all that. I'm going to try to keep those tendencies of mine under control.I now have a pretty good list of coping techniques and meditations now that I've collected from here and elsewhere is anyone needs something like that to help them.
Anyways, did anyone know that the singer Jimmy Buffett not only sings but writes stories as well?