Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 2:44 pm

I made one post that was inappropriate there, I get it I went too far with that post.

But seems some people are still bringing that post up so figured I'd clarify something here. I don't hate lebenese people, I was mad at face of boo because of the rudeness he consistantly expresses towards a good majority of female posters there including me.

I am not defending my post because it was inappropriate and I shouldn't brought his nationality or region he lives in like that at all, but just feeling the need to clarify since people are bringing it up and calling me a racist.

I am starting to have second thoughts about changing my mind about leaving the site...I can see where I am not welcome and seems this is one of those places as of late.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 05 Jun 2020, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 2:48 pm

I thought Boo was an atheist.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 2:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I misspelled region as religion, but it was a typo.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Actually most of the world disagrees with cult religions like the one you follow. No all of us on the site aren't lebanese so quit trying to push your weird religious ideas in other countries. At this point IDK if someolne says a religious practice is 'tradtiional' its like no stop making excuses for people to gather in large groups f*****g stupid people all around.

...that's quite the typo.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 2:59 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I thought Boo was an atheist.

I don't think that has much to do with my op, it was established like a month ago my post was inappropriate and I never tried defending it and I won't try to defend it now. The point of my O.P however is its at least a month later now and people are bringing up that thread to call me a racist.

That said if anything it would make me a regionist, or nationalityist....I have no idea what race face of boo even is and I don't care. Just posted this to establish yes I acknowledge my post was inappropriate once again, and no I don't hold hateful views about lebenese people or people of any race.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:09 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I misspelled region as religion, but it was a typo.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Actually most of the world disagrees with cult religions like the one you follow. No all of us on the site aren't lebanese so quit trying to push your weird religious ideas in other countries. At this point IDK if someolne says a religious practice is 'tradtiional' its like no stop making excuses for people to gather in large groups f*****g stupid people all around.

...that's quite the typo.

I didn't go dig up my trash post before posting this...forgot about some of what all I put. Either way that thread is already locked it was made quite clear that what I said was inappropriate and I agree it was out of hand, and honestly not really sure what came over me.

I acknowldge it was wrong...but people in love and dating don't need to keep bringing that thread up to call me a racist when I have already acknowledged my mistake. The only reason I have not apologized directly to boo is because I honestly don't think he'd give a crap and would probably just tell me I am lying.

but fixed my op, in light of your digging around for accuracy.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:13 pm

Didn't really have to dig all that much. Had a convo with Boo not too long ago and the topic came up, and he linked the thread.

Quote:
The only reason I have not apologized directly to boo is because I honestly don't think he'd give a crap and would probably just tell me I am lying.

So instead you're going to lie to everyone reading this in the hope that they don't check out the post in question?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:21 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Didn't really have to dig all that much. Had a convo with Boo not too long ago and the topic came up, and he linked the thread.

Quote:
The only reason I have not apologized directly to boo is because I honestly don't think he'd give a crap and would probably just tell me I am lying.

So instead you're going to lie to everyone reading this in the hope that they don't check out the post in question?

No, I am trying to say I acknowldegedge my whole post was inappropriate, and I went to far with what I said. I guess I should have checked that post before saying it was a typo. I just got up a bit ago(haven't even had tea to wake up) and honestly in my recollection I remembered making a typo, forgot I actually did say anything about religion.

But once again no I am not trying to defend my post or to lie in the hope no one checks the post.

I am trying to further acknowledge my post was wrong and it was a triggered rant, not something that represents my real views and feelings since its being brought up again by other people in the dating forum.

But as I said I can just leave the forums if that is what people would prefer.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:26 pm

"Love & Dating lotz O drama,I usually avoid it LOL

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:36 pm

I fail to understand what relevance the "typo" has to this conversation, since "region" is not really a lesser offense.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:51 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I fail to understand what relevance the "typo" has to this conversation, since "region" is not really a lesser offense.

It doesn't, and I am not going to defend that post or try to explain what I meant because it doesn't matter it was wrong and inappropriate of me and that's that.

The issue is it should be left there I made a mistake, I realized my mistake and I acknowledged it back a month or few weeks of ago when I posted it. Not rehashed by other posters when I post in a thread that has nothing to do with it weeks to a month later just so they can point fingers to say 'see she did a bad thing....look'.

People can call me a racist if they want I won't report them, wont stop it anyways...but I don't feel any hatred towards any racial ethnicities as much as some here seem to want it to be true. People calling me a racist isn't going to make me become one no matter how much some here would love if sweetleaf was a fullblown racist and that I really and truly believe the dumb things I said in my stupid triggered rant.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:11 pm

There are endemic issues in L and D, it must be acknowledged. The sniping there - continued by some posts in this thread - has been over-tolerated, in my view anyway. It seems to me ironic that Sweetleaf has never been one of the inveterate rule offenders there, yet is attacked even on an apology thread. I am going to lock this thread to prevent further unpleasantness; if the OP wants, it can be re-opened and moved to The Haven.