Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 5:10 pm

jpp wrote:
hi everyone. i've been ofline parenting my 19 year old son who has had a really tough year transitioning to college and adulting. more later on that if anyone is interested.
thought i'd share this article https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/ ... -1.6434408 interesting that our national newspaper in canada ran this story. someone is paying attention and listening.....
j.

Short, good article. So glad to see awareness increasing.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 5:10 pm

P.S. I have a whole lot of thoughts about your 19-year-old, having been that age myself. :wink: Hugs for you all as you navigate this.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 6:23 pm

Thank you for this information .. This issue needs much more public awareness .. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

H_Taterz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2022, 1:08 pm

The forums are a bit cluttered, so I just found this one waaaaaaay at the bottom.

Are people still active here, or should there maybe be a new sub started?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 2:23 pm

Maybe at least one old one… :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 2:50 pm

H_Taterz wrote:
The forums are a bit cluttered, so I just found this one waaaaaaay at the bottom.

We do our best here. To encourage and talk. But the discussion seems to splinter by topic.

Welcome H_Taterz. Good to see you here.

Is there something that interests you? Like how we manage to cope with aging. Or how we even manage to get diagnosed? Or whatever. :D

H_Taterz

08 Jun 2022, 8:56 pm

I've just been trying to break out and find people with like minds.

I don't find a lot of female video gamers, let alone those that are middle-aged, but if you're out there, let's start a discussion!
I'm also down with topics like psychology/political science or estimating when population is going to grow too large for resources, economics, or even how people ASD folks survive with limited income.
I have two grown children, one diagnosed ASD and the other like me (undiagnosed but 99% sure ASD). Also, discussing lineage/genetics and where ASD comes from.
And on top of all of that, I'm also a meteorology nerd who's learning computer programming right now.

BTW ~ I finally went out today and saw gas prices. Oof! When did we cross the $4 mark??? :lol:

blazingstar wrote:
H_Taterz wrote:

We do our best here. To encourage and talk. But the discussion seems to splinter by topic.

Is there something that interests you? Like how we manage to cope with aging. Or how we even manage to get diagnosed? Or whatever. :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:25 am

H_Taterz wrote:
I've just been trying to break out and find people with like minds.

I don't find a lot of female video gamers, let alone those that are middle-aged, but if you're out there, let's start a discussion!
I'm also down with topics like psychology/political science or estimating when population is going to grow too large for resources, economics, or even how people ASD folks survive with limited income.
I have two grown children, one diagnosed ASD and the other like me (undiagnosed but 99% sure ASD). Also, discussing lineage/genetics and where ASD comes from.
And on top of all of that, I'm also a meteorology nerd who's learning computer programming right now.

BTW ~ I finally went out today and saw gas prices. Oof! When did we cross the $4 mark??? :lol:

Only 4.00. Where you are? :( Try 5.10 here … This is just aweful ….. It will soon get too expensive to try to drive to work. ….. GOING TO EVENTUALLY MAKE THIS a Welfare Nation . Cannot figure a replacement yet , but time for Biden
To go..imho. :skull:

blazingstar wrote:
H_Taterz wrote:

snissen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2022, 4:40 am

H_Taterz wrote:

I hope people are still active here, since I just found this thread.

I'm 68, retired, and just diagnosed AS/ASD level 1/2e. I don't always have the same life experiences as many of you, but I bet I share some of your characteristics and coping mechanisms.

My aspie nature seems to be increasing since my late 50s. Or maybe I'm just fed up with masking. As an old lady, I'm expected to be irritable, which I can do easily.

I appreciate hearing all the perspectives posted here. Let's keep this "middle age" thread going!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 8:07 pm

snissen wrote:
H_Taterz wrote:

I hope people are still active here, since I just found this thread.

I'm 68, retired, and just diagnosed AS/ASD level 1/2e. I don't always have the same life experiences as many of you, but I bet I share some of your characteristics and coping mechanisms.

My aspie nature seems to be increasing since my late 50s. Or maybe I'm just fed up with masking. As an old lady, I'm expected to be irritable, which I can do easily.

I appreciate hearing all the perspectives posted here. Let's keep this "middle age" thread going!

Hi sNissan …this has been a tough thread to keep active it seems ..Was diagnosed in middle life 45.
And masking has seemed to be a drain on me . Used up most of my spoons, ergs , whatever you wish to call it.
And consistently for most all my life only functioned effectively for about a half day everyday. Keeping jobs were very tough both mentally and physically , But when I worked was very effective. Eventually found being self employed
Helped a lot , Being able to control my own schedule helped by a large margin.
Understood on the irritable issue ,but often I mask through that when around people in Real Life .
I know it’s a fact, but I often avoid the old lady reference . Just cause . It might offend others around me , ?
You have 3 years on me . But often if the situation allows and it is done in fun .. will go ahead and make comments on a exaggeration of being a old lady. 8) :oops: :D . :D :D , Aging and being a Aspie has been interesting at times
Because have repeatedly read about Autistic people often not getting to be old or have a long life span.
Welcome to Wrong Planet .. :mrgreen: