Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

blech
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2020, 10:21 pm

That's me on the right. I normally limit myself to two sentences per thought because otherwise I'll start sayings sentences that have no beginning or end. (I have caught myself occasionally stuttering also, but I think that usually happens when I'm under extreme distress.)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 1:26 pm

To processing prioritises on which skills or abilities starts to break down first on high levels of stress and imbalance.

There are also common cases in autism; causes and reasons in terms of losing speech, losing verbal abilities and losing expressive and receptive communication in general.

Mine is... Completely inherent. Other factors like stress only makes it worse.
Just not passed off as severe merely by compensating with patterns thinking and lack of issues with speech.

In my case, it might as well be gradually getting worse.
I've known myself for raging about saying that words are not reliable for me.

From aptitudes and profiles, learning and thinking styles...
I could excel and/or focus at any styles except involving words.

It's as if I have to translate every verbal messages into something less verbal, and my thoughts are all less verbal in nature and I have to translate it to verbal, then back and forth.

Verbal language overall always never felt right for me.

And I never get to exercise any word limiting myself because I cannot help but try to express my thoughts in ways I can be certain be expressed -- on top of the details, on top of experiences of having enough misunderstandings...

Otherwise, I won't say a thing and kept the whole thing myself.
I never mind the asocial aspect, but the lack of outlet and smoother ways to get my thoughts across the point is...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm

I don't do that the last 10 years or so but before that I was always told to breath. Stop and breath. Stop and take a breath. Slow down.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2020, 11:32 pm

blech wrote:
That's me on the right. I normally limit myself to two sentences per thought because otherwise I'll start sayings sentences that have no beginning or end. (I have caught myself occasionally stuttering also, but I think that usually happens when I'm under extreme distress.)

Idk what that means but i have speech problems too.
Mix up words. Pronounce things wrong it gets worse with burnout. It seemed to have started with burnout or maybe i just learned to cope with it or something. I also have dysgraphia which definitely doesn't help. And the dyslexic kind that affects everything. Typing at-least makes it not as bad but my typing is still messed up. Like i often spell things wrong even though i know how to spell things. the spelling just won't come to me get grammar wrong despite knowing grammar. Stupid things like that. Honestly, on the internet if i'm chatting consistently, I usually just let it be. and with dysgraphia the thing is that you can do it neatly it just takes like 10x as long. Like early today it took me like 20 minutes to label things with a sharpie right. Getting off-topic. Speech problems definitely related. Also never make light of the issue it just makes it worse. Honestly it's hard to tell the difference between where dysgraphia ends and where my speech thing begins so i have a suspicion they might be a tad related. Even my inner monologue does it which is weird.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 1:52 am

totally.
i can't deal with "question-greetings", people asking me how i am or how's it going, when they really don't want an answer and are basically just saying hi.

makes me want to go off on tangents and start conversations i have no idea how to end. and then they just walk away or lose interest anyway. they didn't want to hear it.

also OP your name is the same as the way my romanian coworker regularly misspells "bleach". THAT'S funny.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.