Magna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The universe is truly strange.

These two identical dopplegangers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_370DhsvQGI
"We clicked instantly, and just like my second doppelganger, she not only looked exactly like but also acted like me," Geaney said. "It was like watching myself. Our facial expressions are exactly the same, our eyes and nose crinkle the same way, we smile the same and she also talks with her hands just like me."

Despite almost being twins the DNA test for the pair are have no genetic connection at all??

I don't think the young women look identical. Although they look similar with the same hair color and style, when I look at their faces they look a good amount different to me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
yes. The link says it from the Yukon Gold Rush- which I think is the same thing as "the Klondike Gold Rush".. A family of prospectors panning for gold on the Yukon River in Alaska. Seems authentic to me. But Krafty leans towards thinking that its photoshopped.

The photo is real
https://digitalcollections.lib.washingt ... 135zBGqzH4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:39 pm

Magna wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The universe is truly strange.

These two identical dopplegangers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_370DhsvQGI
"We clicked instantly, and just like my second doppelganger, she not only looked exactly like but also acted like me," Geaney said. "It was like watching myself. Our facial expressions are exactly the same, our eyes and nose crinkle the same way, we smile the same and she also talks with her hands just like me."

Despite almost being twins the DNA test for the pair are have no genetic connection at all??

I don't think the young women look identical. Although they look similar with the same hair color and style, when I look at their faces they look a good amount different to me.

Is that based on the photo or the youtube video. Watching the youtube video they seem very phenotypically like identical twins. Even they way they behave is oddly similar.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve always wanted us to colonize Mars.

Via cloning yourself?
I'll be in that.
The world needs more gentle soles,
Regardless of which world that would be. :heart:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Or: Greta’s image could have been superimposed over the actual face of the girl in the picture.

Or: Maybe not :P

If so its a remarkable job. Am not an expert in Photoshop, but it seems amazing to me that they found a picture of Greta facing exactly the right direction, with her eyes pointed in exactly the right direction- so it looks just like she was looking at the pan in front of her, and then momentarily glanced into the camera by moving her eyes more than moving her face. The lighting and shadows are just right. They seamlessly stuck her face under that hat. And that kid in the floppy hat behind her is an example of incredibly good "casting" because he looks just right to be her sibling.He has just the right amount of resemblance to the girl in the picture to have come from the same parents, but he is not a clone of her (ie they obviously didnt just use Greta's face for both of them). Central casting could not have done a better job of finding an actor to play her brother.

I have worked with photoshop professionally, at one time.
You would be surprised what can be done.

BTW,
I am pretty sure Maggie Thatcher never had hardcore sex with Bin Laden,
But the photographic evidence is that she had. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:54 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
yes. The link says it from the Yukon Gold Rush- which I think is the same thing as "the Klondike Gold Rush".. A family of prospectors panning for gold on the Yukon River in Alaska. Seems authentic to me. But Krafty leans towards thinking that its photoshopped.

So, you are discounting the possibility...
Huh. 8)