Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 1:51 am

vermontsavant wrote:
sly279 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Minneapolis has now disbanded it's police department in favor of a community policing initiative.

I think I know where all the criminals are now going to move to,Minnesota,you better get busy building more prisons cause your crime rate is going to go through the roof. :lol: :lol:

Whats the community rent O cops going to do if they need a swat team,at least Minnesota has laxed gun laws and citizens can defend themselves. :mrgreen:

They haven’t. They just expressed their support for doing so,
Thats not what an article in Forbes magazine said.

Yeah and said Artie was quoted by the council as wrong. They aren’t going to disband the police until they have a replacement plan.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 5:15 am

sly279 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
sly279 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Minneapolis has now disbanded it's police department in favor of a community policing initiative.

I think I know where all the criminals are now going to move to,Minnesota,you better get busy building more prisons cause your crime rate is going to go through the roof. :lol: :lol:

Whats the community rent O cops going to do if they need a swat team,at least Minnesota has laxed gun laws and citizens can defend themselves. :mrgreen:

They haven’t. They just expressed their support for doing so,
Thats not what an article in Forbes magazine said.

Yeah and said Artie was quoted by the council as wrong. They aren’t going to disband the police until they have a replacement plan.
I don't think there going to disband the police until there back up plan is fully in place,but I think there plan is final.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 8:26 am

It's looks defunding the police will mean reorganizing the police and maybe demilitarizing the police by taking away firearms and putting swat teams in the hands of the state police if firearms are needed.I don't think from what I have heard that there will be actual citizen neighborhood watches in charge of law enforcement.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:05 am

vermontsavant wrote:
It's looks defunding the police will mean reorganizing the police and maybe demilitarizing the police by taking away firearms and putting swat teams in the hands of the state police if firearms are needed.I don't think from what I have heard that there will be actual citizen neighborhood watches in charge of law enforcement.

That is what they say now but having gotten a taste of success and seeing how frightened and enabling certain governments are the anarchists will demand more and more and get more and more. While the vast majority of BLM protesters are not radical or anarchist the founders and leaders are. Previously unthinkable radical change can become the “new normal” pretty quickly. A frightened public helps in this process. The loss of privacy is a prime example. The powers that be got the public frightened of terrorists. Today the a large part public is frightened of a perceived vicious, racist police system. Do I need to mention COVID-19?

As always how this will play out will vary widely by location.

The police need not be defunded or dismantled for a society to become the wild west where you need to pay people for security be it a private security force or a street gang. As has been said there are many similarities to the 60s to now. You had riots, law enforcement both sustained physical attacks and withering criticism of being a racist occupying army. Plans to try and fix the police were put into effect during budget stress another similarity. How did that work out? While we remember the 70s as disco, tacky clothes and stuff, and self indulgent enlightenment cults such as EST there was another side especially in urban areas like New York. The police often became dispirited saying f**k it. They became part of the drug gangs, just did not bother to enforce the law or if they did the did it in a triage manner. Crime soared increasing to up to 2,000 murders a year by 1990 or so. One million people migrated out of NYC during the 70s including my grandparents. Unlike many they could afford to. Report that you were mugged or your residence was burglarized, go ahead and waste your time. My dad worked in the New York City Schools at the time and talked about finding a gun in a kids locker. He was shocked, this was a nice kid not a gang banger. He asked the kid why. The kid said he needed it as protection for riding to and from school on the subway, my dad realized the kid was right and did not report him. The predominately zoomers protesting of course have no memory of that. Maybe they read about it in a history book or saw a documentary about it, not the same as living it. Unless they are as truly more enlightened and less selfish then us as they claim why should I not expect the old adage of the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result to happen?. While I had to deal with a fraction of what a lot of people had to deal with I really do not want to go back there.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 09 Jun 2020, 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:10 am

vermontsavant wrote:

Legalize the sales of claymores and make instructions to make "bouncing Betty's" so there is no need for a police department to respond to a home invasion. :D

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:21 am

What are claymores and bouncing Betty's,never heard of that.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:33 am

I looked them up, I get the joke now :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:54 am

Nobody has suggested automation yet?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 11:38 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

What is meant by automation exactly?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 11:47 am

^ Robocops

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 11:52 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I can think of a cool automated idea, it involves putting a couple of remote fired machine guns on ATMs. First it spits money at you to meet your extortion demands, then spits a few thousand rounds at you when you try to collect the money.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 12:48 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I can think of a cool automated idea, it involves putting a couple of remote fired machine guns on ATMs. First it spits money at you to meet your extortion demands, then spits a few thousand rounds at you when you try to collect the money.
Did you hear about the guy who stole a ATM machine during a riot and then tried to escape with it using public transportation,but he couldn't lift it up the stairs of the bus.Now this is precisely why we need more handicap access buses,so people can escape with stolen ATM's during riots :mrgreen:

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2020, 2:24 pm

I believe the first line of defense for my family and property is me. I believe the police are after the fact guys as they are always minutes or longer away when seconds count.
Second you just don't know who the bad cops are and I don't want to rely on them for protection with that being said the police departments need to do a lot better job of getting rid of the bad cops before the become a problem.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 2:40 pm

vermontsavant wrote:

Yeah so the state police can do all the abuse and killing.
We shifted the blame problem solved :roll:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 3:31 pm

sly279 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Criminals have dangerous weapons and being that there criminals,there intent is to use them to hurt you,people need protection.Even in England where routine patrol does not carry guns,they have special units that have guns if a situation arises.That's what things will likely look like under a restructuring of police departments,I suspect state police will have the guns and respond when needed.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
sly279 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Criminals have dangerous weapons and being that there criminals,there intent is to use them to hurt you,people need protection.Even in England where routine patrol does not carry guns,they have special units that have guns if a situation arises.That's what things will likely look like under a restructuring of police departments,I suspect state police will have the guns and respond when needed.

You mean basically the same way that SWAT teams sit around waiting to be called for specific occasions, only difference here is the front line cops get only non-lethal weapons if any at all and the SWAT teams do all the gunplay?