Why is everyone is psychic except for me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 7:42 pm

I am the opposite of psychic.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 7:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I am the opposite of psychic.
So is everyone else.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2020, 9:56 am

My old works used to organise trips to see a psychic - you know as in an evenings "entertainment".

Anyway it always puzzled me that if you wanted to go you had to put your name on a list.......

I mean, surely the psychic knows who is going to be there. :? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:08 am

harry12345 wrote:
My old works used to organise trips to see a psychic -- you know as in an evenings "entertainment".  Anyway it always puzzled me that if you wanted to go you had to put your name on a list... I mean, surely the psychic knows who is going to be there.
Yeah, and why do those "psychics" on the telephone always need to ask you for your credit-card number -- shouldn't they know it already?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TuskenR
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2020, 10:11 am

^ that reminds me of a poster for a medium saying it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances :lol:

Turn into doubts

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 4:00 pm

I love belko61 wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
but on the other hand a bit of worry might mean an extra bit of work and more cash for him.

I agree in this instance he's just trying to drum up business. He was making a sales pitch by presenting you with a potential problem that he can easily solve because he's already there.

That's quite likely, but it isn't automatically true. For example if the builder HAS just discovered something unexpected, they're duty bound to tell you if it could create a safety issue. Otherwise they'd be liable if they hadn't drawn attention to it, and it caused a problem later. That could be viewed as professional negligence.