Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 7:45 am

Joe90 wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Do you have high blood pressure or anything? I can think of a couple of ideas, one idea if no BP issues is to try eating something salty before bed.

No, my blood pressure gets checked once a year because I'm on the contraceptive pill and it is always fine.

I used to eat a bag of crisps (potato chips) before going to bed but I had to stop that when I started dieting.

Did eating those seem to help before you quit?

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2020, 8:06 pm

Reminds me of an urinary infection.

If that's the case, try to find a high dose of Vitamin C (500mg) pure and preferable as ret*ds and take a couple of them every day.. (No worries, it's not possible having an Vitamin C overdose. There was a time I took like 10-20 grams a day). And drink 3-5 liter of water a day.
That way you get rid of these bacteria’s.

What kind of water do you drink? Do you have chlorine in your tap water?

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm

LunaticCentruroides wrote:
Reminds me of an urinary infection.

If that's the case, try to find a high dose of Vitamin C (500mg) pure and preferable as ret*ds and take a couple of them every day.. (No worries, it's not possible having an Vitamin C overdose. There was a time I took like 10-20 grams a day). And drink 3-5 liter of water a day.
That way you get rid of these bacteria’s.

If you're going down that route, then Vit C + Zinc.

Otherwise the Vit C doesn't really do anything.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 2:30 pm

You should check with a doc about this. There are several possible causes. Diabetes is one of them, but as some of the other posters have suggested, it may very well be a UTI. Those often come and go, as you said this condition does with you. Another possibility is that you may be eating too much fruit of a type or types that cause bladder incontinence. Some dried fruits do this, as well as some fresh fruits. I don't have a complete list for you, so you should check it out online. I do know that cranberries in any form will help you pee more, but they also help you fight off UTIs, so it's a trade-off with this fruit.

Because of other health issues, my docs wanted me to take pee pills, to reduce fluid buildup in my tissues. These work too well on me, and also drain needed nutrients from your body. I opted to use fruit instead, as that does make me pee a lot, but while you will still lose some nutrients when using fruit for this purpose, the fruit will also add some nutrients to your system. They also don't have any of the other side effects that the pills have, so they are safe to use.

The downside of using either the pills or fruit is I wear disposable pull-on underwear to deal with the leaks. You should look into those, at least until you can find out what's causing your problem. it's easier to clean up after a leak when you wear these. You just take them off and throw them away. The underwear is made of a paper fabric. You can buy non-disposable versions, but then you have to deal with washing them once they get soiled. I'd rather just throw the mess away.

I have two other contributing factors in my case. The first is a lifelong weak bladder. The second is that my bladder gradually shifted position after I had a hysterectomy in late 2005, due to cancer. Without the girl parts there, there was nothing to hold my bladder in it's original position.

Anyway, you really should see a doc for your problem. Whether it's serious, or simple, they may be able to help you. One more thing, not all diabetics have to give themselves shots every day. It depends on the seriousness of your case. Many can treat their condition with modifying their diet somewhat. :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:44 pm

Quote:
The downside of using either the pills or fruit is I wear disposable pull-on underwear to deal with the leaks. You should look into those, at least until you can find out what's causing your problem. it's easier to clean up after a leak when you wear these. You just take them off and throw them away. The underwear is made of a paper fabric. You can buy non-disposable versions, but then you have to deal with washing them once they get soiled. I'd rather just throw the mess away.

I do eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of fruit juice but I don't leak urine. I do not want to wear pull-ups, no way. It's highly embarrassing when you're in a relationship with a hot guy and you're 30 (OK for young children or post-menopausal women or the elderly). I prefer my 'sexy' underwear.

Quote:

No, just plain tap water.

Quote:

Hmm, I thought it would but I don't think it made any difference. It was just an excuse to eat another bag of crisps. :lol:

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 5:25 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

I do eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of fruit juice but I don't leak urine. I do not want to wear pull-ups, no way. It's highly embarrassing when you're in a relationship with a hot guy and you're 30 (OK for young children or post-menopausal women or the elderly). I prefer my 'sexy' underwear.

Quote:

No, just plain tap water.

Quote:

Hmm, I thought it would but I don't think it made any difference. It was just an excuse to eat another bag of crisps. :lol:

If the crisps don't seem to make a difference in the problem, another idea is to maybe try eating some sort of high protein snack before bed and see if that helps?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 4:15 am

Last night I barely slept because I kept needing to pee. I must have gone to the bathroom more than 20 times throughout the night, which isn't normal even for me. But I am under a lot of stress and my anxiety is high at the moment due to the stress (I won't go all into what it is but it is not me I'm stressed about, it's a loved one).

So anyway, do you think stress could trigger off an overactive bladder?

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 10:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
Last night I barely slept because I kept needing to pee. I must have gone to the bathroom more than 20 times throughout the night, which isn't normal even for me. But I am under a lot of stress and my anxiety is high at the moment due to the stress (I won't go all into what it is but it is not me I'm stressed about, it's a loved one).

Very good chance stress could be a factor. It is not uncommon to scare someone so bad they wet themselves. Reason people do wet themselves when they get scared is because a surge in certain hormones that trigger the response. it maybe helpful if you research a condition called Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH). You might be able to find several options for over the counter or homeopathic treatments. I can only think of three options for at home treatments and have already ran two by you. Third option I can think of is trying a Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory drug, like ibuprofen or aspirin.

Do you usually go to the bathroom a lot during the day?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 11:58 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Very good chance stress could be a factor. It is not uncommon to scare someone so bad they wet themselves. Reason people do wet themselves when they get scared is because a surge in certain hormones that trigger the response. it maybe helpful if you research a condition called Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH). You might be able to find several options for over the counter or homeopathic treatments. I can only think of three options for at home treatments and have already ran two by you. Third option I can think of is trying a Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory drug, like ibuprofen or aspirin.

Not so much during the day, just the normal amount of times. But like I said before I think it's a mixture of stress of what's going on in my life at the moment and the fear of soiling the bed in my sleep even though I haven't done that since I was a small child.
But I do actually have a water infection right now because I keep getting bladder cramps, urging to pee a lot, and I have a temperature. This is new though, because I don't think I've had a water infection before. But I think the stress I've got in my life right now has triggered this off.

But I have ordered a medicine from the pharmacy for bladder infections.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 1:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Not so much during the day, just the normal amount of times. But like I said before I think it's a mixture of stress of what's going on in my life at the moment and the fear of soiling the bed in my sleep even though I haven't done that since I was a small child.
But I do actually have a water infection right now because I keep getting bladder cramps, urging to pee a lot, and I have a temperature. This is new though, because I don't think I've had a water infection before. But I think the stress I've got in my life right now has triggered this off.

But I have ordered a medicine from the pharmacy for bladder infections.

Are you taking anything for the temperature?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 3:23 am

No, and I'm not sure it was a temperature. I haven't had a temperature since, but I'm still frequently getting up throughout the night to pee. I don't pee so much during the day, maybe about two or three times. But at night I pee about 10 times or more, even if I don't drink any fluids in the evening. It's really having an effect on my sleep.

I never drink alcohol by the way.

tayhuann123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2020, 9:14 am

Suffer with this for maybe 1 year when I was 17-18 years old. My case was very probably psychological, because I went to several doctors and they didn't find a reason for this, so I started dealing with this myself, because I couldn't even go to school or use the subway because i need to pee all the time. It passed with time and much self effort, but it was just really gone when i started using cannabis daily, then the pee compultion just left my mind. Sorry my bad writing, not my native language.

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2020, 12:37 pm

Taking saw palmetto as a supplement helped me not have to pee as often. YMMV of course.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 1:22 am

I went 3 and a half years of severe sleep deprivation at one point waking up an average of 8 to 15 times a night to go pee. Even when I did sleep it was all fractured and I never really got into a deep sleep. My body was like it forgot how to fall asleep without drugs because my sleep had been interrupted so many times. I kept a jug next to my bed to piss in so I wouldn't have to go down two floors to my washroom evey night. I took lots of drugs to sedate me so that I could overpower the urge to pee. I found two drugs that treat the core symptoms of urgency to pee in my case, Lyrics or Gabapentin did the trick. They dulled the nerves that make it feel like I gotta pee.

I saw many doctors and never really got a diagnosis other than non specific urethritis or some form of neuropathy (there's no pain though). I've had this issue since 2)11. Those 3.5 years were the worst in my life, severe sleep deprivation was torture.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

My mom had diabetes, she didn’t have a bladder problem. I have a bladder problem twice, I’m taking bladder control pills :D

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2020, 6:53 pm

This reminds me of myself, although more severe in your case (I don't have diabetes btw). In the cases where diabetes is affecting it, you actually produce a lot of extra urine (I believe). Based on what I can tell, waking up in the night to pee is not actually all that rare. Supposedly it's normal to only wake up one time, maybe twice...but it's still healthy to wake up more times, and it doesn't mean there's something physically wrong.

I've been waking up at least 5 times per night for quite a few years now. In some cases it has gotten up to 10 or more (10 feels like a lot and it can get frustrating, every night I think that would get exhausting), I'd say it seems to average out at around 7 for me, but I try not to count or worry about it. It also accelerates the closer I get to wake up time. I don't know if this is how you are, but given that I'm guessing you don't drink a lot of water at night, when you do wake up, there's actually not much urine that comes out. I feel a bit of an urge to go, and I find myself awake needing to go, so I have to go and then can usually fall back asleep fine. Sometimes I have to wait a minute just to get the last little bit out, so I feel my bladder is relaxed enough to go back to sleep.

It's really a spectrum. Some people wake up like once or not at all (I guess this is the norm). Then fewer others wake up maybe 2-4 times. Then fewer others is 5 or more. And then fewer yet, 10 or more. It does suck and I kind of know how you feel, it gets annoying. If I'm really worried about something or hit a bad night, then I can get up to 10+. My solution is just to keep going back to sleep. Luckily I do seem to get a decent sleep as long as I stick with it, though I sometimes spend 10-11 hours in bed doing this. Also fwiw I'm on meds that make me tired and groggy so I gotta sleep longer than average anyway to feel rested.

Now during the day I've noticed I generally have to go more often than others as well. Like I'll go probably twice as often as other people I've met. It seems I'm always the one who has to go etc.

I noticed this started to accelerate for me when I was finishing college. I found I'd wake up more than twice in the night by maybe my senior year. Before then I don't remember waking up more than once or twice in the night, like ever. Then in graduate school I got used to waking up more like 4 times.

Then it just gradually increased and increased until how it is today. It seems to have basically plateaued for a few years now, and some rare nights it'll go back to like 5. Maybe it'll slow down again, I really don't know. I think it might have something to do with anxiety.