Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2020, 9:04 am

Anyone ever have any deja vu or bizarre coincidences happen to them or know anyone that that has happened to?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 9:09 am

Hokieman7 wrote:
Anyone ever have any deja vu or bizarre coincidences happen to them or know anyone that that has happened to?
We all have.  Why do you ask?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 9:24 am

Each individual bizarre coincidence or deja vu may be unlikely.
However, there's an almost endless amount of possible deja vus and strange coincidences that could happen. The chance that one out of this huge number of possible events happens is pretty high.

Some strange coincidences happen in everyone's life. And in some lives particularly strange coincidences happen.

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2020, 11:19 am

Interesting instances of deja vu and coincidences happen to me all the time.I always wondered what they were.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 11:20 am

Hokieman7 wrote:
Interesting instances of deja vu and coincidences happen to me all the time.I always wondered what they were.
Instances of deja vu and coincidences, nothing more.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 6:19 am

Yes, I have had both deja vu and prophetic dreams. One "coincidence" is that the only time I have struck up a conversation with a stranger from a 3rd floor window, I had first gone to sleep early, and then awoke when usually asleep. My roommate then told me to hail the traveller I saw. It turned out that he was looking for me, but had my address wrong and would have passed by. We barely knew the mutual friend who had given my address, but then discovered that we had been pen-pals as boys. That meeting changed the course of a half dozen lives.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 7:43 am

Dear_one wrote:
Yes, I have had both deja vu and prophetic dreams. One "coincidence" is that the only time I have struck up a conversation with a stranger from a 3rd floor window, I had first gone to sleep early, and then awoke when usually asleep. My roommate then told me to hail the traveller I saw. It turned out that he was looking for me, but had my address wrong and would have passed by. We barely knew the mutual friend who had given my address, but then discovered that we had been pen-pals as boys. That meeting changed the course of a half dozen lives.

Thats a pretty serious coincidence . May the fates forever be in your favour.
Whatta coincidence !, 1 event into 6 other persons events .
Those are really worth noting in my opinion . If they were all on the positive scale of outcomes . That would make it doubly noteable to me. :star:

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 8:10 am

have had all too many of these sorts of things happen over and over through out the years .
did palm reading , not wanting see it as being a refined art .. Did study it quite thoroughly
and went far out of my way to make efforts to debunk it .. Read its history before it was called palmistry . Studied that , Found very many coincidences occuring in what i read and the original ideas of cheirognamy as a medical diagnostic aid from medievel times . Not considering in the past that had been able to prognosticate many things that had occurred around me. Which often , wanted to believe in the concept of self fullfilling fantasies . But the last indepth palmreading , i did had the great misfortune of appearing very accurate . Concerning a friends wifes health. Whom i dxed as having a very serious health issue that needed to be looked into . Now you just want to read the palms and be done with it .But this 112 lbs. woman had deveoloped some intestinal problems within 2 weeks , in which she then after seeing her primary care person was sent to onocologist , and had a grape fruit sized tumour . dxed and removed off her colon . And survived , one year of a macrobiotic diet and she was practically back to normal .. That was too close to home, doctors gave her little
chance of survival . Stopped reading palms after that . By no means did i consider a profession in palmistry ever . Was just trying to validate a older version of science from earlier times . And got
too interested in it. Had a number of other smaller / and large unrelated incidences of prognostications . Which were very hard to ignore . (just my own opinion here)
But could go on for a longtime on them .........

where ever you go ,there you are

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 9:43 am

Deja vu is quite rare in my life. But I have somewhat excessive "coincidences" since almost 69 months (above 5,5 years). I was diagnosed with schizotypal disorder (or for some time with schizophrenia, paranoid or unspecified) after starting of experiencing massive "coincidences". Many of such "coincidences" were associated with numbers in decimal system. I may think that they are so numerous to be "results of mathematical common chance". I experienced or noticed "coincidences" really rarely before IX 2014. But in second half of September 2014 "coincidences" "exploded" in my life, which excited me.

I read about one rich "source" of "coincidences" or "synchronicities" - book considered holy by about two billions of people on Earth, but I do not want to deprave anyone or promote incorrect faith. Holy book of other very common religion in our world also contains certain "coincidences". "Coincidences" in Quran and Bible fascinate me. They are really puzzling!