Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 600
Location: uk

13 Jun 2020, 11:03 am

There has been a lot of talk lately of “White Guilt” or “White Privilege”.

The idea that white people are guilty by birth of black slavery and racism and that some sort of compensation should be provided, both financial and other things by white people to those who are black or even non white.

As someone who is neither WASP white or black I’m not going to give an opinion on this.

However watching this Jordan Peterson clip got me thinking about neurodiversity and it’s quest for a group identity.

Jordan basically says group identity can be dangerous as one can just as easily assign “group guilt” to people.

An example was Hitler assigning group guilt to the Jews blaming them for Germany’s problems in the 30’s.

So anyone Jewish whether a baby or elderly person was labeled guilty by their group for Germany’s problems, which led to the horrors of the holocaust.

I wonder if many advocates have themselves considered the potential danger of trying to create a “group identity”?

I wonder if “autistic guilt” for our burden on society will ever come about?

As a group would we take to the streets to defend ourselves?

Do most autistic people some of whom are societies most vulnerable able to put up a defense against this?


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOHUwwP6LLs



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

13 Jun 2020, 12:04 pm

carlos55 wrote:
There has been a lot of talk lately of “White Guilt” or “White Privilege”.

The idea that white people are guilty by birth of black slavery and racism and that some sort of compensation should be provided, both financial and other things by white people to those who are black or even non white.

As someone who is neither WASP white or black I’m not going to give an opinion on this.

However watching this Jordan Peterson clip got me thinking about neurodiversity and it’s quest for a group identity.

Jordan basically says group identity can be dangerous as one can just as easily assign “group guilt” to people.

An example was Hitler assigning group guilt to the Jews blaming them for Germany’s problems in the 30’s.

So anyone Jewish whether a baby or elderly person was labeled guilty by their group for Germany’s problems, which led to the horrors of the holocaust.

I wonder if many advocates have themselves considered the potential danger of trying to create a “group identity”?

I wonder if “autistic guilt” for our burden on society will ever come about?

As a group would we take to the streets to defend ourselves?

Do most autistic people some of whom are societies most vulnerable able to put up a defense against this?


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tOHUwwP6LLs


I think white privilege theory is B.S
Black lives matter is B.S

And to be fair the politics of autism is also B.S

The Neurodiversity movement is B.S
Curebees are also B.S

It's all a bunch of B.S

That's just my two cents :|


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 600
Location: uk

13 Jun 2020, 12:13 pm

Who would be scared enough to bend the knee to us?

Would the police and authorities be scared of autistic people I wonder?

If in the future if things got nasty and they attributed guilt and blame to us, would anyone fight for us.

If they accused us of polluting the gene pool or being to much of a burden, would anyone care for us as a group I wonder?



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

13 Jun 2020, 12:42 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Who would be scared enough to bend the knee to us?

Would the police and authorities be scared of autistic people I wonder?

If in the future if things got nasty and they attributed guilt and blame to us, would anyone fight for us.

If they accused us of polluting the gene pool or being to much of a burden, would anyone care for us as a group I wonder?
Maybe,maybe not, perhaps but I stopped caring a long time ago.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,193
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

13 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

Identification and pride is one thing.
In which anyone can accept, encourage openness and celebrate differences in each of every one and as a whole.

Separation and tribalistic 'us vs them' is another.
These things predictively lead to factionalism, gatekeeping, inequality and all the prejudiced crap.



So which of these does one would like to feed? :mrgreen:
Emphasis on would -- because one of which is most of the human wishes, another is a sin that most humans keep repeating.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).


Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2019
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 512
Location: Mid-Atlantic USA

13 Jun 2020, 4:51 pm

Jordan Peterson is a quack who should never be taken seriously.


_________________
When anti-vaxxers get in my face, I say ... Have a Nice Day!


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,604
Location: Long Island, New York

14 Jun 2020, 6:25 am

Neurotypical privilege as a concept is out there.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month.


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

14 Jun 2020, 7:53 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Neurotypical privilege as a concept is out there.
I don't believe in any" privilege" not even neurotypical privilege.

It is true that some peoples lives are harder than others,and some peoples lives are easier than others and this very true.But I don't believe in any philosophical dogma theory of privilege,it doesn't allow people to be seen as individuals.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,604
Location: Long Island, New York

14 Jun 2020, 9:57 am

vermontsavant wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Neurotypical privilege as a concept is out there.
I don't believe in any" privilege" not even neurotypical privilege.

It is true that some peoples lives are harder than others,and some peoples lives are easier than others and this very true.But I don't believe in any philosophical dogma theory of privilege,it doesn't allow people to be seen as individuals.

^^^^
This


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month.


Magna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,932

14 Jun 2020, 10:07 am

^^ You nailed it, VS.

"But I don't believe in any philosophical dogma theory of privilege,it doesn't allow people to be seen as individuals."

That's what I've been saying recently when I've given my examples of people who have grown up under horribly abusive and destitute conditions leading to their inability to function and contribute to society but that happen to have white skin. Some people on here seem to hold steadfastly to the idea that such people still somehow benefit from "white privilege" rather than, as you say, being willing enough to admit that labels with broad strokes are incorrect.



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

14 Jun 2020, 10:21 am

^^^^^
Thanks guys, I don't get much support on here,your compliments appreciated

Thanks magna and ASpartofme


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 600
Location: uk

14 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

The relevancy of the post is the neurodiversity movement has without doubt moved into the category of prioritizing group identity over individual needs and individual indentity.


With the overwhelming online neurodiversity mentality hostility to Biological autism research, rejection of the scientific reality of severe autism and inability to accept that many autistic people desire and need biological solutions.

Often backed up by hate accusations.
If advocacy was just about hey I have autism, loving life don’t want to be cured but other people can think and do what they like it would be a healthy movement sadly it is not.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,622
Location: Stendec

14 Jun 2020, 1:05 pm

carlos55 wrote:
There has been a lot of talk lately of “White Guilt” or “White Privilege”.  The idea that white people are guilty by birth of black slavery...
Bushlit. 

I have never owned a slave, black or otherwise.  Therefor, I am not "guilty by birth of black slavery" and to say otherwise is blatant racism, plain and simple.


_________________
45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


killerBunny
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2015
Age: 40
Posts: 110

14 Jun 2020, 1:19 pm

As a left handed male with colour blindness that also is persecuted for his good looks and ridiculous intellect , when do the left handed people get their time.

me me me me me. It's all about me.
ME .

DO RE motha f*****g Myself

Seriously tho. Me.



lostproperty
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 299
Location: England

14 Jun 2020, 4:10 pm

I feel guilt about being autistic and completely useless, but I don't feel guilty about the colour of my skin and I'm not comfortable with the way BLM is going about its' business. I certainly haven't benefited from "white privilege". I have the lowest income possible, my grandfather grew up in a children's home suffering all kinds of abuse and my other grandfather lived in appalling conditions. BLM seems to be creating a divide among people and making a lot of people feel bad about themselves, either as somebody who ought to feel shame for what they are, or as a victim that should feel angry. It's just bad vibes all round. The media clearly want to play along and push it as an agenda.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,713
Location: Australia

14 Jun 2020, 9:30 pm

carlos55 wrote:
There has been a lot of talk lately of “White Guilt” or “White Privilege”.

The idea that white people are guilty by birth of black slavery and racism and that some sort of compensation should be provided, both financial and other things by white people to those who are black or even non white.

As someone who is neither WASP white or black I’m not going to give an opinion on this.

However watching this Jordan Peterson clip got me thinking about neurodiversity and it’s quest for a group identity.

Jordan basically says group identity can be dangerous as one can just as easily assign “group guilt” to people.

An example was Hitler assigning group guilt to the Jews blaming them for Germany’s problems in the 30’s.

So anyone Jewish whether a baby or elderly person was labeled guilty by their group for Germany’s problems, which led to the horrors of the holocaust.

Conversely, "Collective Guilt" was also applied to other "Tribes", ironically to the German population also.

Also:
Collective guilt was applied to the Jews by many European nations, and anti-semitism was a social "Feature" which has been around for literally centuries, well before there was the German Nation.
The Christian churches were probably the largest contributors to the notion of collective Jewish guilt because of the crucifixion of JC.

carlos55 wrote:
I wonder if “autistic guilt” for our burden on society will ever come about?

Hitler got the idea of eugenics from the Amerikas. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!