Selective Coronovirus enforcement and shaming

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 12:02 pm

In Brooklyn, NY a few miles apart two groups were reckless in violating social distancing guidelines. In Williamsburg maskless Orthodox Jews cut open a children's playground, Mayor DeBlasio padlocked the playground local city councilmen cut it open this morning. The Mayor has been quite public about shaming this group of people, so much so that he has been accused of anti-semitism. A few miles away a black trans march and rally occurred that drew an estimated 15,000. The silence from the Mayor, the Governor, the media about the massive social distance violations have been deafining. That is the case all away across the country in Seattle where Black Lives Matter has sized six blocks. The public argument is over whether the occupiers are peaceful latter-day hippies or armed insurrectionists. Mass social distancing violations,shhhhhh.

In New York, it is not surprising that the very progressive Mayor would pick a fight with one of the few Republican groups in the city. and ignore the daily social distancing violations of favored groups. A lot of these progressive have been quite critical of the reopening of the red states and seem to be reveling in the spikes there while ignoring the social distancing violations at home.

Of course, this goes the other way also. Many Republicans were quite open about supporting the reopen demonstrations where social distancing violations occurred, it is even a point of pride, a way of owning the libs. So it is not surprising while they have said a lot about the "insurrection", not so much about social distancing violations.

Rant:
I am at risk with a preexisting condition that slightly impairs breathing and swallowing. My elderly mom is at high risk with a preexisting lung condition that impairs breathing, COVID-19 is probably a death sentence for her. All this obvious hypocrisy accomplishes is guarantee that more social distancing violations will occur and that is probably going to kill and permanently disable a lot of people. We can and will argue over which tribe is worse, if the cause you believe in is worth the price. I don't care, and neither does the coronavirus. I am furious at all these hypocritical bastards.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman