Brazil Now Has 1 Million COVID-19 Cases As Pandemic Grows

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/brazil-tops-1-million-cases-coronavirus-spreads-inland-n1231625

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 3:51 am

That is alot. And its FAST in growth. I followed the stats each day, though Ive tired of it in the last week or so, and for a long time it was the US first with most cases, with no other nation even being close. The US with one and half million, with the UK in the 300K range, and every nation following Britain.

In fact if you subtracted the one state of New York with its 300k plus cases from the US total (and treated NY State as its own country) the US was still ahead everyone else with over a million, and NY state by itself would be "nation" number two (more than the UK by itsself).

The Russia vaulted to the top and challenged the UK for nation number two status (or three if you count New York state as its own nation).

But now Brazil has joined the US as the second member of the Seven Figures Club. STREAKING ahead of both Russia and the UK like a dark horse.

Good going Brazil!

The US has a population of 330 million people, Brazil has 212 millon (or about two thirds of our population size). So relative to its smaller population that one million is equivalent to 1.5 million in the US. Still not equal to our current total of about 2.2 million. But youre getting there Brazil!

Trump assured us all that the virus would miraculously go away in the Summer. But since its spreading fast in tropical countries like Brazil - it shakes my...unshakable faith in our all knowing leader!

Actually Russia now has almost 600K. The UK is stalled at 300K. India is in the top several countries, and(oddly enough) so is Peru.

So now three tropical countries: Peru, India, and Brazil, are in the top ten of covid case countries.