Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:09 am

vermontsavant wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Depends. Might be hard to punch some old Nazi housewife in the face, buuuut, if it were a CONFIRMED Nazi war criminal who was a ruthless mass murderer? f**k that guy! Punch him right in the face. Hard - like it’s a-okay if it kills him, hard. 8)

God forbid someone condone and encourage violence against literal Nazi war criminals. The reichwingers here will be forever scarred by having to read Goldy's joke.
I don't care about Nazi's either but WP could get a lawsuit if someone takes this thread to seriously.

If someone can't take a joke it isn't WP's fault. This seems like a bunch of right-wing snowflakes melting down.

Websites have been sued,whether they would win I don't know.I don't have an issue with putting down Nazi's but I just want WP to be safe from lawsuits.

Have you spoken to The_Walrus about your concerns?
Do you think you should?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:15 am

Depends.If I had survived a death camp, or I had family in one ,and came face to face with one of the Nazis that was in charge ,then let the fur fly.
Myself,I wouldn’t punch an old Nazi simply because you can’t hit the elderly.But you can report them, maybe they are wanted for war crimes.Maybe there’s a reward.
As for a neo-nazi,I would just cross the street to get away.They are probably armed with something and if I punched them they might stab me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Depends. Might be hard to punch some old Nazi housewife in the face, buuuut, if it were a CONFIRMED Nazi war criminal who was a ruthless mass murderer? f**k that guy! Punch him right in the face. Hard - like it’s a-okay if it kills him, hard. 8)

God forbid someone condone and encourage violence against literal Nazi war criminals. The reichwingers here will be forever scarred by having to read Goldy's joke.

I would have thought condoning any sort of violence, in this politically correct world we now live in, would not be permissible on WP.
It looks like it is OK if it is a "Regressive Progressive", saying it. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:22 am

Misslizard wrote:
Depends.If I had survived a death camp, or I had family in one ,and came face to face with one of the Nazis that was in charge ,then let the fur fly.
Myself,I wouldn’t punch an old Nazi simply because you can’t hit the elderly.But you can report them, maybe they are wanted for war crimes.Maybe there’s a reward.
As for a neo-nazi,I would just cross the street to get away.They are probably armed with something and if I punched them they might stab me.

What if it was an antifa member who was in charge?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:26 am

Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
QFT wrote:
Magna wrote:
QFT wrote:
Punching the Nazi that "was" alive during World War 2 would be punching the elderly, which would be wrong on so many levels.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure everyone here agrees with you here on that (punching an elderly Nazi). Doubtful they'll come right out and say it though.

I am sure a good portion of elderly ex-Nazis are very strong anti-nazis, because of the bad taste in their mouth from all their shocking memories.

Advocating for killing people. WP 2.0?

I think it is just WP. :wink:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Wut?A Death camp?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 9:42 am

Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Wut?A Death camp?

It is a hypothetical.
Stalin had his Gulags.
The left side of politics has done evil things also. :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:03 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I would have thought condoning any sort of violence, in this politically correct world we now live in, would not be permissible on WP.
It looks like it is OK if it is a "Regressive Progressive", saying it. :scratch:

Funny, I would have thought the anti-PC crowd would support a politically incorrect joke.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:17 am

Pepe wrote:
It is a hypothetical.
Stalin had his Gulags.

I wonder if politics stops counting as Left once it has become fascist. One of my favourite readings into Animal Farm that was an allegory for Stalinism and portrayed the pigs at first using the idea of equality for all before they became the exact same thing they said they were against at the start.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jun 2020, 10:19 am

^Well said!

@Fxp: Yup I don't think this topic was meant to be taken too seriously.

Knotted knickers not needed.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:20 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Magna wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
You will still get prosecuted,if you don't mind anger management classes and 6 months probation.Why not!

And good luck finding a job with assault charges.
Job application's usually only ask about felonies.

OP advocated and glorified punching to produce not only maximum injury (felony assault) but actually advocated for killing people. If I were a mod on a peaceful forum that wanted to keep the forum peaceful, I'd be giving some time off. Maybe accolades will be given instead here? We'll see.
If he's advocating for killing people the post should have been removed by mods,if someone took his advice it could get Alex and WP sued for wrongful death.

I saw "punch" in the post not a vicious felonious assault,but maybe I read it wrong.One punch to the face is a misdomeanor but maybe I read the post wrong.and if there is anything about killing this post should be deleted.

This is what the OP said: "Depends. Might be hard to punch some old Nazi housewife in the face, buuuut, if it were a CONFIRMED Nazi war criminal who was a ruthless mass murderer? f**k that guy! Punch him right in the face. Hard - like it’s a-okay if it kills him, hard. 8)"

Mods, WP and Alex by association are fine with it apparently.

Hey Funeral, you've said the OPs comment was a joke at least two or three times here. Did he tell you that in a PM? Nowhere on this thread did he indicate that he was joking. Even if he was, are we ok to joke about seriously injuring or killing people? According to Enviro it's ok to joke on WP about killing people.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jun 2020, 10:37 am

There are far worse jokes - I saw that post and although in poor taste we can't go around censoring all jokes on here or this would become a grey place indeed.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:40 am

^ Still wondering where you and Funeral are getting that this was a joke. OP never said it was a joke that I could see.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:46 am

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Wut?A Death camp?

It is a hypothetical.
Stalin had his Gulags.

If I was a Russian peasant that had survived the Gulag and came across one of my tormentors ,I’d probably punch him.I think I would have earned the right.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 10:49 am

Locking before this thread implodes.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)