Theorie of mind regarding the emotions of others

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 4:44 pm

and the manipulative behaviour of NT women are related. Knowledge about the theorie of mind that NTs have was a missing point for me. Now I'm aware why NTs like to be emotional manipulated and I get an idea of what makes me totally different. I'm not a visual thinker at all like most NTs. I don't have to distinguish between reality and imaginations. I'm not driven by a lot of emotions and I have an abstract imagination about my environment instead of a mix of what my eyes see and the pictures that my brain generates.
NTs seem to care my emotions and even emotional imaginations and once I'm able develop emotions than I do get them emotional better as well.
One important thing seems that people always assume that other know very well why they can just act like they currently do. That's the point where you are able even without a TOM to influence their thinking and how they perceive you and how they behave towards you to a very high degree. It's indeed often a lot better just to do what you want and don't care to much about what others may think about what you are just doing. Already your confidence about what you are doing as well as your mood while doing it tells them that you are right with it in a subconcious level of their brains.
Not even few people are willingly to subordinate to the self-confident behaviour of others just because they assume that those know very well why they can act as they are doing.
E.g. once a trustworthy guy ignores a traffic light others may do as well but they nearly never try to stop him. Same if it comes to break a lot of unwritten social rules. :wink:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm

I thought autistic people were more likely to be visual thinkers? I know it depends on the person, but I always hear people with ASD say they visualize things more to understand them.

Btw, did you post this last night? I'm only asking because I don't know if I'm getting déjà vu or something...

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 6:29 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I thought autistic people were more likely to be visual thinkers? I know it depends on the person, but I always hear people with ASD say they visualize things more to understand them.

HFAs as well as some more autistic people are often strong visual thinkers which can be the reason of their late development of poor language skills. Asperger syndrome is a different thing and not related to poor language skills. If it comes to me then it shouldn't be lumped together with autism even that it can be a comorbidity.
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome )

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Btw, did you post this last night? I'm only asking because I don't know if I'm getting déjà vu or something...

I did delete it for correcting some errors because it was to late to edit it. :wink:

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 1:59 am

quite an extreme wrote:
and the manipulative behaviour of NT women are related. Knowledge about the theorie of mind that NTs have was a missing point for me. Now I'm aware why NTs like to be emotional manipulated and I get an idea of what makes me totally different. I'm not a visual thinker at all like most NTs. I don't have to distinguish between reality and imaginations. I'm not driven by a lot of emotions and I have an abstract imagination about my environment instead of a mix of what my eyes see and the pictures that my brain generates.
NTs seem to care my emotions and even emotional imaginations and once I'm able develop emotions than I do get them emotional better as well.
One important thing seems that people always assume that other know very well why they can just act like they currently do. That's the point where you are able even without a TOM to influence their thinking and how they perceive you and how they behave towards you to a very high degree. It's indeed often a lot better just to do what you want and don't care to much about what others may think about what you are just doing. Already your confidence about what you are doing as well as your mood while doing it tells them that you are right with it in a subconcious level of their brains.
Not even few people are willingly to subordinate to the self-confident behaviour of others just because they assume that those know very well why they can act as they are doing.
E.g. once a trustworthy guy ignores a traffic light others may do as well but they nearly never try to stop him. Same if it comes to break a lot of unwritten social rules. :wink:

I'm sure you mean no offence but lumping together all NT women as manipulative is rather a sweeping, innaccurate and disturbing statement, you may struggle to comprehend our behaviour but we are not all clones of the same mindset.