Right-wing extremists are turning cars into weapons

Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,974
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

22 Jun 2020, 9:03 pm

At least 50 incidents since the protests started.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096359 ... protesters

More evidence that the actual violence comes from the far right.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 72,299
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jun 2020, 9:12 pm

The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,059
Location: temperate zone

22 Jun 2020, 9:17 pm

I guess that they borrowed that tactic from that Muslim guy in France some years ago.

So...like oil and natural gas, America is now self sufficient in its supply of terrorism. No need to import it from the Muslims anymore! :D



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,882
Location: Melbourne, Australia

22 Jun 2020, 9:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


The problem is, with the world being round, that you go far enough (left or right) and you end up approaching from the other side.

Similarly, as a community polarises and pushes further apart, each side ends up picking up and using "tactics" normally associated with the other in order to "reach" their targets.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

23 Jun 2020, 3:53 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


Not equally. :roll:



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,882
Location: Melbourne, Australia

23 Jun 2020, 4:22 am

funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


Not equally. :roll:


True...I haven't seen much destruction of property from the right of late.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,323
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

23 Jun 2020, 4:06 pm

Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


Not equally. :roll:


True...I haven't seen much destruction of property from the right of late.


And I haven't seen regular murders from the left but of course the right are typically more concerned about property than human lives.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,595

23 Jun 2020, 7:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
but of course the right are typically more concerned about property than human lives.


Assets > lives :lol:



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,556
Location: Aux Arcs

23 Jun 2020, 7:49 pm

Proves you don’t need a gun to kill and maim.Just an evil mind set is all that’s needed.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,882
Location: Melbourne, Australia

23 Jun 2020, 9:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


Not equally. :roll:


True...I haven't seen much destruction of property from the right of late.


And I haven't seen regular murders from the left but of course the right are typically more concerned about property than human lives.


The point being that the initial comment was regarding "violence", with nothing to specify the target of that violence.

Had the person making the comment being responded to meant against a specific target (or category of target), they would have specified this in their statement, not made a general statement such as they did.

Violence can be against people and\or property. The question specified violence in general, not a subset\category of this.

To complain that the answer to the statement did not meet your preferred subset (which had not been specified) is intellectually dishonest, and a poor attempt to try and divert attention from inconvenient facts.

It would also be useful if you could cease trying to project beliefs onto a group of people, with no supporting evidence, in an attempt to appear morally superior.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn


Magna
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,932

23 Jun 2020, 9:24 pm

Brictoria wrote:
It would also be useful if you could cease trying to project beliefs onto a group of people, with no supporting evidence, in an attempt to appear morally superior.




_________________
"There is no love of living without despair of life." - Albert Camus

"Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world
I'm nothing but a stranger in this world" -Van Morrison

"Are you Bluish? You don't look Bluish."

AQ-43 (32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism).
EQ-14 out of 80
Rdos: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 173 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,595

23 Jun 2020, 9:27 pm

Magna wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
It would also be useful if you could cease trying to project beliefs onto a group of people, with no supporting evidence, in an attempt to appear morally superior.





Are you British?



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,417
Location: Outter Quadrant

23 Jun 2020, 9:31 pm

It would also be useful if you could cease trying to project beliefs onto a group of people, with no supporting evidence, in an attempt to appear morally superior.

This is a rather typical expectation from people whom prefer hate over honesty, IMHO


_________________
Female
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,708
Location: Australia

24 Jun 2020, 12:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The violence is coming from the radical fringes of both sides.


Obviously.
I wish people would take off their "Partisan" blinkers.
It is very tedious. <sigh>

You are an objective person, KK.
You are very goodly and not a :cyclopsani:
Just make sure you don't find a spare "K" somewhere. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,708
Location: Australia

24 Jun 2020, 12:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
but of course the right are typically more concerned about property than human lives.


Assets > lives :lol:


Haven't we been here a million times already?

Poverty and domestic violence also kills.
I find it hard to believe some people ignore this fact.
Perhaps they are more than just "Ignorant". :scratch:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,882
Location: Melbourne, Australia

24 Jun 2020, 12:47 am

Here's what I believe is one of the most recent attempts by a New Zealander (although I can't confirm this was done by a right-wing extremist) to convert a vehicle into a weapon...

Image


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn