Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 2:16 am

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/face-covering-directive

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:23 am

Quote:
People of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
People of color who have heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment due to wearing face coverings in public.

Now, instead of "harrassment" for wearing a mask (from the right, supposedly), they will receive harrassment (from the left) for not wearing a mask...Not entirely certain how this could be considered a step forward for them.

It also indicates that masks (or public health) are obviously not considered to be a top priority by the government responsible for this change...Or maybe this is some exceedingly clever "alt-right" government trying to encourage certain groups not to wear masks in order to have them infected by the virus? 8O

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:20 am

White person could be racially profiled and harassed by a store salesman who thinks they have money to spend, because they're white.

Not wearing a mask may help white people stop a racist store salesman. :)

Be the hero of your life.

RadioDog
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2020, 6:53 pm

In one article people said that wearing a "bandana" would possibly racially profile them, but the law is stating a "mask". Which does not have to be a bandana. So... confused...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 10:34 pm

The directive was updated, the POC exemption was removed.