Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an Auto-Antonym

Page 18 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:16 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
The article I linked in my previous post mentioned that they did not prevent the cops or paramedics treat him, instead I think it mentions firefighter paramedics were supposed to get there, but took too long to reach the situation that people actually went to the station to ask why they did not leave, the truck went out and back into the garage. The emergency services took too long that people there had to start working and when they finally arrived they just took him away, and when the police showed up at the border of the zone people went up to them to tell the police that he had already been taken away to the hospital.

If all of those witness statements are correct, the police are actually lying in their statement that people would not let the emergency services in to treat him. I am highly suspect if every news service is just reporting what the police statement is in making the situation look more at fault of the CHAZ/CHOP rather than a slow response by emergency services for whatever reason that was.

This YouTube video shows the police responding to the shooting and being met with angry crowds.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 11:32 pm

jimmy m wrote:
This YouTube video shows the police responding to the shooting and being met with angry crowds.

What part of the video shows police being met by angry mobs that prevented them from responding?

Because the link I provided actually said that a crowd of people angrily approached police when they finally responded by telling them that they took too long and saying where the victim was now. The video provides no evidence to your claim that police were prevented entry to respond to the incident and that things would have been different if not in the zone.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:00 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
Lorenzo is the 19-year-old black man who was shot and killed early on the morning of June 20 inside the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), Seattle's Cop Free Zone.

And apparently a white supremacist was believed to be a shooter that night, although no specifics over Lorenzo's shooter.

Councilmember Kshama Sawant was the source about White Supremacist statement. Sawant walked back her unfounded Saturday claim that the shooting “may have been a right-wing attack.” She now says that appears to be incorrect.

Sources:
Seattle police will return to East Precinct, where organized protest has reigned, mayor says
Sawant baselessly claims CHOP murder was a ‘right-wing attack’

It seems that CHOP and the police and the local politicians had set up a very elaborate complex plan to cover incidences of violence in the Zone. The police were excluded from entering the zone. Any injured individual would have to be transported out of the zone for treatment. If gun violence had occurred, the police had to clear the area and insure medical staff were safe before medical staff were allowed in. And CHOP would have its own medical team to respond to emergencies. So naturally when the theoretical plan was put to the test, in the case of Lorenzo Anderson, the plan fell apart. The CHOP medics when they realized the seriousness of the injuries, went in person to the Fire Station for help and the fire truck was about to provide assistance but was called back because there a shooting was involved and the police had not cleared the area. The staging area where the police began to clear was at least 7 blocks away from CHOP. So the theoretical plan did not account for the time delays required to implement the plan. In the end the CHOP medics threw Lorenzo on the back of a pick up truck and took him to the hospital. That is around the time that the cops showed up. The protestors were screaming at the cops, but it was to inform them that the victim was already on the way to the hospital.

In this article, there seems to be some walk back from the narrative that the police were met with an angry crowd when they came to clear the area to provide assistance.

Seattle City Councilmember Lisa Herbold, chair of the Public Safety and Human Services Committee, faulted Seattle police for saying that officers arriving on the scene of the Saturday shooting were met by a “violent” crowd that prevented them from getting to the victims.

She noted that officers, in real time, described the crowd as “extremely hostile” but never said violent, according to the dispatch log released by police.

“Those words have completely different meetings.” Herbold said. “I have been urging the police department to not editorialize.”

She said police were not on the site of the shooting until 18 minutes after the 911 call, even though fire department medics were a block away within minutes, waiting for police to secure the scene before they approached.

Seattle police staged their response at 12th Avenue and Cherry, at least seven blocks from the shooting.

Source: https://www.union-bulletin.com/news/national/seattle-police-will-return-to-east-precinct-where-organized-protest-has-reigned-mayor-says/article_7a8d56d3-53ba-570c-8b5b-53e7be2a403f.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 11:30 pm

what a mess.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:17 am

More black children being killed in Chicago this weekend. The girl was playing on a sidewalk around 7 p.m. in the 100 block of North Latrobe Avenue when three men got out of a white car and shot more than 20 times in the direction of the people holding the party, a group that the police said included many children. She was visiting her grandmother’s house for the family party. “There were kids riding by on bicycles . . . enjoying the Fourth of July, as they should have been,” said Fred Waller, the Chicago Police Department’s chief of operations. The girl, identified by her family as Natalie Wallace, was shot in the forehead and pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital. Natalie was funny, outspoken and loved to be outside, according to her family. She loved to pose for pictures and was quick to give a kiss on a cheek.

The 14-year-old boy was killed in the city's Englewood neighborhood. They were at a large gathering in the street about 11:35 p.m. in the 6100 block of South Carpenter Street when four males walked up and started shooting, according to Chicago police. A 14-year-old boy was hit in the back and pronounced dead at Comer Children’s Hospital, police said. Three other male victims were pronounced dead, two at the scene and one at the University of Chicago Medical Center, police said. Their ages were not immediately known. An 11-year-old boy with a graze wound to the ankle and a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the abdomen were both taken to Comer in fair condition, police said. A 35-year-old man shot in the hip, leg, arm and wrist was taken to St. Bernard Hospital and transferred to Stroger Hospital in critical condition, police said. A 29-year-old man shot in the foot was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in fair condition. The suspects fled after the shooting and no one is in custody as Area One detectives investigate.

Sources:
Girl, 7, shot to death at her grandmother’s house in Austin at a Fourth of July party
Chicago violence erupts during holiday weekend, at least 67 shot and 13 killed
Teen Boy Among 4 Killed in Englewood Shooting That Injured 4 Others: Police

Black lives really do matter. But the vast majority of innocent black lives lost in the streets of Chicago and other large cities are due to gang violence. It is almost part of their code - "If you want to be the Man, you got to kill someone."

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 11:20 am

Another black life lost. This time in New York, it was 20 year old Deondraye Moore. The gunman casually walked up to him and shot him in the head and then walked away. This killing was in broad daylight and was captured on video. The shooting unfolded in front of 41 New Lots Ave. in Brooklyn’s Brownsville neighborhood at around 6:45 p.m. on Thursday.

Derrick Moore said he spoke with to his son just a week ago. The two talked about his burgeoning music career and how Deondraye wanted to do a duet with his father. "He wanted me to sing and he would rap. I said 'I'll think about it.' I don't like rap, but I support him," the proud dad said.

Source: Cops air vid of killing in cold blood.

This link contains the video. New York City gunman shoots man dead, wounds woman in daylight attack caught on video, police say

I watched the video and this was not a lone gunman. Two men calmly walked up to Deondraye. One man pulled out a gun and fired. Then the two men calmly walked back the way they came.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 7:37 pm

Jimmy M, what are you trying to gain by posting all these things about black people being killed?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 11:31 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Jimmy M, what are you trying to gain by posting all these things about black people being killed?

That Black Lives Matter (BLM) Is An Auto-Antonym, the title of this thread. That BLM isn't focused on the cause of why many innocent black lives are lost daily in the cities of the U.S. If they did, they would not be calling for the police departments to be eliminated. The problem in the black community and other poor communities is not due to the cops but the gangs. If you eliminate the cops, you will invite chaos. You will open the doors to more violence in the communities, not less. So the label "Black Lives Matter" has the goals that directly oppose their adopted title.

IMHO many of the BLM protestors are white. This is highlighted by a recent incident in Seattle. The protestors shut down a major freeway called Interstate 5 [6-8 lanes each direction]. They barricade the freeway with cars to block it shut.

A car drove onto a closed freeway early Saturday and struck two people in a crowd protesting against police brutality, killing one and critically injuring the other, authorities said. A young protester has died from injuries suffered when a luxury car plowed into Black Lives Matter demonstrators Saturday on a Seattle freeway that has been shut down for days due to the civil unrest, police said.

Summer Taylor was pronounced dead at a local hospital hours after a 27-year-old man in a white Jaguar drove onto a closed section of Interstate 5 where ongoing demonstrations have been occurring and slammed into Taylor and another protester, Diaz Love, 32, who was seriously injured, police said.

Surveillance video captured the 2013 Jaguar apparently speeding down the freeway, swerving around cars supporting the protest that were blocking the lanes and striking Taylor and Love, who were walking on the shoulder, knocking them into the air, over the roof of the vehicle and onto the pavement.

"Absolutely heartbreaking. Summer Taylor was only 24-years-old, peacefully protesting for Black Lives Matter when they were struck by a car," Sen. Kamala Harris, D-California, said in a statement posted on Twitter Sunday morning. "Thinking of their family during this difficult time and everyone in the movement today."

When I look at the photographs of the BLM protestors who were injured/killed (Summer Taylor and Diaz Love) they were white [now I could be wrong here, Diaz is a common Hispanic surname] and when you look at the individual who ran them down, he was black. BLM doesn't, in my opinion, represent the black community trying to reduce the violence within their community. They are a political entity whose goals conflict with their name.

Source: Protester dies after struck by speeding car at Black Lives Matter freeway demonstration in Seattle

If Black Lives Really Matter, then they should be concerned about the 7 year old girl, Natalie Wallace, who was gunned down in the streets of Chicago while she was playing on the sidewalk.

Pastor Corey Brooks, founder of the New Beginnings Church in Chicago, on Monday that something has to be done “immediately” to curb the violence in the area, which led to the shooting death of more than a dozen people over the holiday weekend. “We cannot continue to go down this road,” Brooks, who is also the executive director of Project HOOD, a nonprofit organization with the goal of ending violence and building communities. Over the Fourth of July weekend, 79 people were shot in Chicago and 15 people were killed, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

“This gigantic number of shootings” Brooks said, “You have a bunch of individuals, young individuals, young men who are illegal gun owners.” Not only are they illegal gun owners, but they are shooting at each other,” he continued. “They’re causing havoc in our community and they are causing a lot of destruction and unfortunately, as a result of their destruction, children are being shot. Innocent bystanders are being shot.”

Wallace was playing on a sidewalk around 7 p.m. on Saturday when three men got out of a white car and shot more than 20 rounds in the direction of the people holding the party, a group which included many children, the Chicago Sun-Times reported, citing police. Wallace was struck in the forehead and a 32-year-old man was injured, according to the newspaper.

“People are afraid to leave the house,” Brooks said. He added, “Individuals are very scared, scared to walk [on] the street, scared to go to the store, scared to go to the playgrounds and it’s a very unfortunate thing.” Brooks noted that “in 2012, The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the block that we live on was the most dangerous block in Chicago, but I'm happy to say that this weekend we had no shootings and that's because of work, like our nonprofit organization Project HOOD, that is going out and doing the work that needs to be done to make sure that we stop the violence.”

“I’m for whatever it takes to stop the violence,” Brooks responded. “Whatever it takes to save a life.” “I think sometimes we have to get beyond our pride of feeling inadequate and just come to an understanding that [we have to do] whatever it takes to save the lives of individuals in our city,” he continued. “That's exactly what needs to be done.”

“So if bringing in the Feds, bringing in the military or whoever to help us to make sure that we can get rid of this violence, I’m all for it, whatever it takes,” he went on to say. Brooks also pointed out that “unfortunately people are going to leave and move out of the city because they just can't take the risk of allowing their children to be shot and killed.” “It’s just too much to deal with,” he said.

Source: Chicago pastor on weekend violence, death of 7-year-old: 'People are afraid to leave the house'

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 5:34 pm

jimmy m wrote:
[i]That Black Lives Matter (BLM) Is An Auto-Antonym, the title of this thread. That BLM isn't focused on the cause of why many innocent black lives are lost daily in the cities of the U.S. If they did, they would not be calling for the police departments to be eliminated. The problem in the black community and other poor communities is not due to the cops but the gangs. If you eliminate the cops, you will invite chaos. You will open the doors to more violence in the communities, not less. So the label "Black Lives Matter" has the goals that directly oppose their adopted title.

Why do you think that these gangs exist, and how do you think we get rid of them?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 10:44 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Why do you think that these gangs exist, and how do you think we get rid of them?

Shh, if we discuss institutional racism it will undermine attempts to be dismissive about BLM. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 9:53 am

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
[i]That Black Lives Matter (BLM) Is An Auto-Antonym, the title of this thread. That BLM isn't focused on the cause of why many innocent black lives are lost daily in the cities of the U.S. If they did, they would not be calling for the police departments to be eliminated. The problem in the black community and other poor communities is not due to the cops but the gangs. If you eliminate the cops, you will invite chaos. You will open the doors to more violence in the communities, not less. So the label "Black Lives Matter" has the goals that directly oppose their adopted title.

Poverty.
Once the gangs were comprised of famine Irish.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owney_Madden

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 10:28 am

^^^

Yes, Obviously Folks Who Live in Socio-Economic
Scarcity, Without Working Together In Social Roles
That Healthily Gain Subsistence And Thriving are More
Liable to Turn Against Each Other in Existential Angst
And Cull The Social Group In Areas of Population Stress, No Matter Color of SKiN.

The Problem Here is Socio-Economic Disparity that DOES COME FROM A HISTORY
of Systematic Racism in Centuries of Oppression; Identify The Problem; Try to Fix the
Root Cause; But True In a Nation of Greed And Hoarding; Not Easy to Do At all; If 'They'
Were Really So-Called 'Christian'; They Would Do More Than Talk; They Would Do What it takes to Love;

Give And Share;
Give And Share:
Social Roles That Work For
WorKinG ToGeTHeR in Meaning and
Purpose Real That Works Again to make
Humans More than Social Mice Under Population Stress.

But No; Throwing Money At the Situation Does not Work;
It Does Require the Social Work Intelligently Designed to
Address the Full Issue of Our Humanity in Social Roles of Meaning And
Purpose that DO Work.

Are We Deep Enough
to Do this in A World
Designed For Pleasure:

Probably Not; Probably Not;

Move away if you Can And Will;
Location; Location; Location; Nomads
Brave Will Find a Garden of Eden They Can
And Will Work For to Survive and Thrive;

Others Will
Sit and
Waste
Away to Basically Nothing.

Life is Not Fair; But IT Works Somedays.

Generally Speaking, it is the Individual
Who Fixes Systematic Oppression as
A System In deed may Be Inherent Oppression.

And if One Thinks That Oppression is all about
Socio-Economic Disparity; Try Fame And Fortune
And See How That Fits as Lottery Winners often end up Greater Losers.

Freedom is a Work of Art; And More Often An Individual Pursuit of Happiness For one.

Systems are for Basic Survival First; Freedom is For Flying; It's What Free Birds Naturally Do.

There are too many Colors of 'Ghettos' to count; One Will Find them in Most Every Human Environment Within alone too.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 10:40 am

Bradleigh wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
That Black Lives Matter (BLM) Is An Auto-Antonym, the title of this thread. That BLM isn't focused on the cause of why many innocent black lives are lost daily in the cities of the U.S. If they did, they would not be calling for the police departments to be eliminated. The problem in the black community and other poor communities is not due to the cops but the gangs. If you eliminate the cops, you will invite chaos. You will open the doors to more violence in the communities, not less. So the label "Black Lives Matter" has the goals that directly oppose their adopted title.

The short answer is that it is in our DNA. The current evolutionary theory supports the notion that man evolved from apes. Humans are classified as primates. According to the Internet: It confirms that humans are primates and that modern humans and chimpanzees diverged from a common ancestor between 8 and 6 million years ago. There is only about a 1.2 percent genetic difference between modern humans and chimpanzees throughout much of their genetic code.

---------------------------------------

Primates developed a social structure. When you look at the evolution of brains in the polyvagal theory:

3. Finally the third, and phylogenetically most recent, system (deriving from about 80 million years ago) exists only in mammals. Its purpose is to drive social engagement— making friends—in order to defuse the aggression or tension. This neural subsystem shows its greatest refinement in the primates, where it mediates complex social and attachment behaviors. It is the branch of the parasympathetic nervous system that regulates the so-called mammalian or “smart” vagus nerve, which is neuroanatomically linked to the cranial nerves that mediate facial expression and vocalization. This most recently acquired system animates the unconsciously mediated muscles in throat, face, middle ear, heart and lung, which together communicate our emotions, both to others and to ourselves. This most refined system orchestrates relationship, attachment and bonding and also mediates emotional intelligence. The outermost development (the neopallium or neocotex) allows for thinking, feeling, interaction, planning, inhibition of impulses, control, perception, relationships, symbolization, language, manipulation of the external environment and conscious memory.

------------------------------------------

As species evolved some animals (for example, primates) began to exhibit social traits. Social animals in a hierarchic community have been observed exhibiting the following structure:

The highest-ranking individual is sometimes designated as the Alpha Male. Alpha animals usually gain preferential access to food and other desirable items or activities. Alphas may achieve their status by superior physical strength and aggression. The individual with alpha status sometimes changes, often through a fight between the dominant and a subordinate animal. These fights are often to the death, depending on the animal.

Beta Male animals often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha. They will replace a dead or unfit alpha and become the next alpha.

Omega Males are referred to as the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. Omega animals are subordinate to all others in the community, and are expected by others in the group to remain submissive to everyone. Omega animals may also be used as communal scapegoats or outlets for frustration, or given the lowest priority when food is distributed.

---------------------

To understand bullying one must look at it through the lens of a primate. The reason why teasing and bullying is exhibited in humans is because it is an evolutionary trait that evolved in primates. Primates exhibit a social tribe structure based on Alpha, Beta, and Omega members.

This structure is also exhibited in tribes of humans. Humans form into societal groups called gangs. A gang is led by an Alpha Male (otherwise known as the bully) and his lieutenants, Beta Males. Generally this tribe encompasses the entire school class because the other members of the tribe participate as soldiers in the gang or as silent eyewitnesses. The leadership of the gang is determined by brute force. A male Aspie fills the role of an Omega Male, a communal scapegoat or outlet of frustration.

One of the interesting observations about school bullying is that generally for males it peaks in the Junior High School years. This is no accident. What makes the timing of that phase interesting and special? It is because males are transitioning into puberty at that age.

In primates, Alpha Males often gain preferential access to sex or mates and as a result to reproduction and offspring. In humans, this bullying is part of thinning out the herd just prior to the mating age. It either mentally cripples Aspie males for the rest of their life or causes them to become loners and leave the tribe.

Violent gangs evolved from the same structure and obey the same rules. They are an adult version of the school playground bullies. Gangs are part of the human DNA.

-------------------------

And how do we get rid of them?

Well you might ask some of the Aspie males about their experiences in being bullied. Some are scarred for life. The scars are not visible but buried deep within them for the rest of their lives. They are afraid of their own shadow. In modern society the parents of some Aspies pull their sons and daughters from public schools and home school them when the bullying gets to be too much. Others Aspie males stood up to the bullies. They put their lives on the line and fought back. They faired better. Some were beaten to a pulp, but on the other hand some survived.

IMHO "defunding the police" is the same as removing the teachers and school administrators permanently from the school. It would leave the other students totally in the hands of the bullies and the gangs. The innocents would be slaughtered.

There was an interesting book written by William Golding called "Lord of the Flies", that carries this theme.

Earlier on this thread I mentioned Pastor Corey Brooks, founder of the New Beginnings Church in Chicago. He said that something has to be done “immediately” to curb the violence in the area, which led to the shooting death of more than a dozen people over the holiday weekend. “We cannot continue to go down this road,” Brooks, who is also the executive director of Project HOOD, a nonprofit organization with the goal of ending violence and building communities. Brooks noted that “in 2012, The Chicago Sun-Times reported that the block that we live on was the most dangerous block in Chicago, but I'm happy to say that this weekend we had no shootings and that's because of work, like our nonprofit organization Project HOOD, that is going out and doing the work that needs to be done to make sure that we stop the violence.”

So off hand that is a success in my book and the steps he took to end violence should be modeled and supported.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 11:31 am

Lord of the Flies used to be required reading.Not anymore.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 11:44 am

"In this fascinating look at the "alpha male," primatologist Frans de Waal explores the privileges and costs of power while drawing surprising parallels between how humans and primates choose their leaders. His research reveals some of the unexpected capacities of alpha males -- generosity, empathy, even peacekeeping -- and sheds light on the power struggles of human politicians. "Someone who is big and strong and intimidates and insults everyone is not
necessarily an alpha male," de Waal says."

Frans de Waal, wasn't too Happy When
Some Folks took His 'Alpha Male' Research
Out of "More Complex Complete 'Loving Context'".

Alpha Males, Without Empathy Generally
Fail At Life in Cooperation That Counts Most;
And Being A Real Successful Leader Is Indeed
A Sacrifice For Others; As Spreading Empathy to
Everyone is Stressful; In Fact, Real Alphas Support 'The Weakest', Most Vulnerable Among US.

An Alpha Male, Without Empathy; is No Alpha Male;
More Strictly. A Bully; And This Is Why Trump is increasingly Being Seen As A TOTAL Leader FAiLURE.

HE IS NO REAL APHA MALE; just a puffed Up Suit of Wind; Yes, He Bullies; But in the Real Ape World He Fails, now too.

Basically, This Video Shows How Trump's Presidency Was Easy From the Get-Go Destined For BIGGEST LOSER FAILURE, NOW.

Once Again, Greatest True Will And Strength Comes From Balance In Grace of Love's Empathy For Real; Ape Human, US.

In Fact, Among Bonobos
The Alpha Is Most Often Female; This
Happens in Human Societies, of Course too;
Empathy Rules Greatest; The Only Way Humans
Have come This Far Together, In Overall Social Cooperation.

When Empathy Goes Away;
So Do We That Way As
Ape Breath Thriving.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 12:04 pm

IMHO, the structure of Alpha/Beta Males and school bullies ends generally with adulthood. Most of the other members of society decide that the social model is not how they want to live their lives and the school gangs dissolve away in adulthood. But in poor communities, these gangs evolve into vicious adult gangs that still practice the trade.