Page 6 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Jun 2020, 12:36 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?


Would that even be possible?

Out of curiosity, if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


Except that's all fictitious on the Republicans' part.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,815
Location: Melbourne, Australia

30 Jun 2020, 12:40 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?


Would that even be possible?

Out of curiosity, if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


Except that's all fictitious on the Republicans' part.

The question wasn't whether it was fictitious, though, but whether it was possible...After all, the Republicans claim that the evidence for the recent impeachment was fictitious.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“Indeed, you won the elections, but I won the count.” - Anastasio Somoz


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,463
Location: Australia

30 Jun 2020, 12:47 am

Karamazov wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
I think we might be giving Vlad a bit more credit than is due. Unless he somehow managed to predict the Dems putting forth Biden as their candidate that far in advance.


No, I don’t think he or the Kremlin denizens anticipated all this...
merely that the events of what occurred during the 2016 election, regardless of what one makes of them, probably didn’t help Trump win...
but did help create a situation in which the sense of “Presidency for all” evaporated...
pushing at an open door in that regard, I would argue.

That accomplished: all that’s really required is to sit back and watch the US political culture implode along it’s pre-existing fault lines.


While russia and the ccp smile with glee. 8O


Off Topic
Have you been following the CCP’s military buildup in the Kashmiri Himalayas?

Off Topic
I know of the first skirmish. I hope it means the ccp will think twice before annexing Australia, well at least waiting until *after* I die. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,463
Location: Australia

30 Jun 2020, 12:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
I think we might be giving Vlad a bit more credit than is due. Unless he somehow managed to predict the Dems putting forth Biden as their candidate that far in advance.


Agreed.

auntblabby wrote:
i will be the first one to get stoooopid stoned :hic: :drunken: :colors: :skull: if, by this time next year, after the last of the court battles, the magas are all just a bad memory. but for that to happen, in addition to winning, they're [democrats] gonna have to believe and ACT like they won. IOW they will have to get smart and get tough and become badder cops themselves, at least somewhat.



Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?
I bloody well hope not. :roll: :mrgreen:


Are you kidding? Remember the racist circus that grew out of the GOP after Obama won? Or how they went into full conspiracy theory mode with Clinton?


That was before my time,
Before I had an interest in Amerikan politics.
I've learnt a lot since then, however. 8)

I mean,
Your skrooed up political system is funny for someone on the outside looking in,
But how much popcorn can a skunk eat, FFS! 8O :mrgreen:

:scratch: Why aren't there any skunk emojis here?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,463
Location: Australia

30 Jun 2020, 1:02 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The destitute Democratic political multi-millionaire aristocracy will need to fight harder,
To maintain their wealth,
While the poor accept the crumbs offered to them. :mrgreen:


That's a bizarre thing to say. Mainly because it implies the orange s**t gibbon is somehow an alternative to elitism, when he's actually far deeper in the back pockets of the global ultra rich than the Democrats will ever be. Which group is actually willing to share power and wealth, and which narcissistic, hypocritical, delusional asshat says he's doing that when actually he's doing the complete opposite? Hmmm tricky. Even if I hadn't loaded the question I'm sure you'd have worked it out. There's nothing remotely anti-establishment about Trump, he IS the establishment but with a silly hat and a big mouth.

We have a similar situation in the UK where the privately educated, ex-City of London commodity broker, East India Club member and good friend of Baron Pearson of Rannoch, the 21st Baron Willoughby de Broke, and the 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley has somehow dressed himself up as a Robin Hood-style saviour of the working classes. Even though all he promises is more of the right-wing Conservatism we've had for most of the last 40 years, but more extreme. Viva la revolucion!


Nope,
Your inference is incorrect,
But a bloody good try, for a newbie. :wink:

I was merely pointing out (implying again) that the political aristocracy, on both sides, is corrupt.
This is my default position.
I have a problem with the "Political 'Profession'", period. :eew: :wink:

But now that you have mentioned it,
I have said, in the past, that I believe Trump got in because people were fed up to the back teeth with the corrupt political aristocracy.
But this is a separate issue to what I said in my previous post. :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,463
Location: Australia

30 Jun 2020, 1:25 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
If the superlatively orange one loses the upcoming election, what is the likelihood he will seek to challenge that outcome in both the Supreme Court, and the court of public opinion?
Nearly absolute, in my opinion.  He hates losing, and he hates "losers", so he would likely seek vindication if only to soothe his own ego.
Since when has Trump had an ego?...
Good question.  If we accept the psychoanalytical definition of "ego", we get...
Quote:
A psychoanalytic term denoting the part of the personality which carries on relationships with the external world.  The ego is conceived as a group of functions that enable us to perceive, reason, make judgments, store knowledge, and solve problems.  It has been called the executive agency of the personality, and its many functions enable us to modify our instinctual impulses (the id), make compromises with demands of the superego (conscience, ideals), and in general deal rationally and effectively with reality.  It operates largely but not entirely on a conscious level, and in a mature person is guided less often by the pleasure principle than by the reality principle -- that is, the practical demands of life.  It may, however, be torn between these two opposing forces.  The ego, unlike the id, is not ready-made at birth.  It develops slowly as the child learns to master his impulses, know what behavior the world requires, and use intelligence in meeting difficulties.  A person who develops a "strong ego" successfully integrates the demands of the id, superego, and reality.  He therefore does not have to resort to rigid defenses or escape mechanisms in handling the stresses of life.  An individual with a "weak ego" is dominated by unconscious impulses and may disintegrate under strain, with the result that mental symptoms or character defects are likely to develop.
By the foregoing definition, that last line (in bold) seems to apply most accurately to president Donald J. Trump.  Now, I'm no expert on the subject, but in my honest opinion, DJT's personality is dominated by impulses, he is already cracking under the strain of trying to hold his subjective reality together, and his character defects have already been well-developed.

So yes, DJT has an ego, but it is likely a weak one, and his id seems to be fully in charge.

Source:
This Psychology Dictionary Definition.


Well,
I am assuming you are engaged in "High Satire" by taking what I said seriously.
Kudos. :wink:

I enjoyed what you presented,
But it is out of phase with the context I was using when I made my reply to you.
This happens all the time,
So don't beat yourself up over it. :P :mrgreen:

I was actually being facetious/ironic.
I gather you knew that. :wink:

I was actually using something more like this:
Quote:
A common definition of ego is similar to the word "self-importance." When someone seems to think too highly of themselves, you might say they have a big ego. Someone who consistently thinks of themselves as better and more important than other people might be called an egomaniac.


As a reluctant friend of mine keeps telling people: "Google is your friend." :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,823
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Jun 2020, 1:41 am

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?


Would that even be possible?

Out of curiosity, if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


Except that's all fictitious on the Republicans' part.

The question wasn't whether it was fictitious, though, but whether it was possible...After all, the Republicans claim that the evidence for the recent impeachment was fictitious.


And the Republicans refused to look at any of the evidence provided to them. Whereas Biden's kid took a job at a firm that thought his old man could be an asset, without considering the long term ramifications of how it all might look - and in fact the Republicans made it appear to be something more than it was. Huge difference.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,815
Location: Melbourne, Australia

30 Jun 2020, 1:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?


Would that even be possible?

Out of curiosity, if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


Except that's all fictitious on the Republicans' part.

The question wasn't whether it was fictitious, though, but whether it was possible...After all, the Republicans claim that the evidence for the recent impeachment was fictitious.


And the Republicans refused to look at any of the evidence provided to them. Whereas Biden's kid took a job at a firm that thought his old man could be an asset, without considering the long term ramifications of how it all might look - and in fact the Republicans made it appear to be something more than it was. Huge difference.


Again, maybe I haven't made the question clear:
Ignoring the evidence, or lack thereof: if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“Indeed, you won the elections, but I won the count.” - Anastasio Somoz


Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,979
Location: Rural England

30 Jun 2020, 2:54 am

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
I think we might be giving Vlad a bit more credit than is due. Unless he somehow managed to predict the Dems putting forth Biden as their candidate that far in advance.


No, I don’t think he or the Kremlin denizens anticipated all this...
merely that the events of what occurred during the 2016 election, regardless of what one makes of them, probably didn’t help Trump win...
but did help create a situation in which the sense of “Presidency for all” evaporated...
pushing at an open door in that regard, I would argue.

That accomplished: all that’s really required is to sit back and watch the US political culture implode along it’s pre-existing fault lines.


While russia and the ccp smile with glee. 8O


Off Topic
Have you been following the CCP’s military buildup in the Kashmiri Himalayas?

Off Topic
I know of the first skirmish. I hope it means the ccp will think twice before annexing Australia, well at least waiting until *after* I die. :mrgreen:

Off Topic
Guardian carried a report (last Thursday) on satellite imagery that appears to show an expansion of fortifications and billeting capacity near the location of the recent skirmishing.

There was a YouTube video I watched a while back that was asserting that the CCP has been putting a lot of money into Pakistan: both ports and transport between them and their shared border.

Can’t remember the channel now: probably CaspianReport, but my brains also querying if it was EconomicsExplained.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,698

30 Jun 2020, 3:32 am

The impeachment threat is a ruse by republican Iowa senator Joni Ernst mean't to scare the public to not vote for Biden.

The legalities of this threat have already been debunked.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,294
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jun 2020, 3:53 am

Pepe wrote:
The destitute Democratic political multi-millionaire aristocracy will need to fight harder,
To maintain their wealth, While the poor accept the crumbs offered to them. :mrgreen:

yes, democratic crumbs are a helluva lot better than the typical GOP back of the hand.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,524
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

30 Jun 2020, 4:23 am

Seems he might actually just drop out. Is he finally realizing he’s not up to the job and everyone knows it?

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-fragile-mo ... 18908.html


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 97,294
Location: the island of defective toy santas

30 Jun 2020, 4:31 am

he tried to saturday-night-massacre [re: nixon] his way out of new york criminal charges, but it didn't work. the only way he would resign would be if his back was against the wall [like nixon's was] and he needed pence's pardon. history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,815
Location: Melbourne, Australia

30 Jun 2020, 4:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
The impeachment threat is a ruse by republican Iowa senator Joni Ernst mean't to scare the public to not vote for Biden.

The legalities of this threat have already been debunked.


Would you have a link to that by any chance...I was curious as to whether it would be possible for them to try this or not.


_________________
Quote:
"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
“Indeed, you won the elections, but I won the count.” - Anastasio Somoz


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,599
Location: temperate zone

30 Jun 2020, 4:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
I think we might be giving Vlad a bit more credit than is due. Unless he somehow managed to predict the Dems putting forth Biden as their candidate that far in advance.


No, I don’t think he or the Kremlin denizens anticipated all this...
merely that the events of what occurred during the 2016 election, regardless of what one makes of them, probably didn’t help Trump win...
but did help create a situation in which the sense of “Presidency for all” evaporated...
pushing at an open door in that regard, I would argue.

That accomplished: all that’s really required is to sit back and watch the US political culture implode along it’s pre-existing fault lines.


While russia and the ccp smile with glee. 8O


Off Topic
Have you been following the CCP’s military buildup in the Kashmiri Himalayas?

Off Topic
I know of the first skirmish. I hope it means the ccp will think twice before annexing Australia, well at least waiting until *after* I die. :mrgreen:



Anything China does is a big story. And their doings on the Indian border is a big story, and if they are threatening your country thats a big story too. But...why the heck you trespassing on this thread about it? Start your own thread please!



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,338
Location: Long Island, New York

30 Jun 2020, 5:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Will the Republicans whine as much as the Democrats if they lose?


Would that even be possible?

Out of curiosity, if Trump loses but Republicans get house and senate, would it be possible for them to impeach Biden for the Ukraine\Burisma dealings (the bar for impeachment is much lower now than it was pre-Trump)?


Except that's all fictitious on the Republicans' part.

The question wasn't whether it was fictitious, though, but whether it was possible...After all, the Republicans claim that the evidence for the recent impeachment was fictitious.


And the Republicans refused to look at any of the evidence provided to them. Whereas Biden's kid took a job at a firm that thought his old man could be an asset, without considering the long term ramifications of how it all might look - and in fact the Republicans made it appear to be something more than it was. Huge difference.


IMHO If they get control of the House they will impeach Biden who will be acquitted by the Senate


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman