Trump retweets Trump rally where ”white power” was shouted

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 11:46 am

Trump retweets video with ‘white power’ shoutout from The Villages

Quote:
President Donald Trump retweeted a video Sunday morning that includes a supporter shouting “white power” during a rally in The Villages.

“Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!! !” Trump wrote on Twitter, including video of a Trump golf cart rally at The Villages, the sprawling retirement community about 60 miles northwest of Orlando.

The video shows Trump supporters driving their carts through town past ant-Trump protesters. About 10 seconds into the clip that Trump retweeted, a man yells, white power” and raises his left hand in a fist after a protester asked him where was his white hood and called him a racist.

The video contains about 2 minutes from the rally and includes profanity. The video was shared Saturday evening, but appears to come from a rally in early June at The Villages, where Republicans overwhelmingly outnumber Democrats 2 to 1 among the more than 125,000 residents.

The tweet on the president’s account was deleted by 11 a.m. The video already had more than 4 million views.

“President Trump is a big fan of The Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement. “What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters.”

The Villages is a popular stop on the GOP campaign trail and Trump gave a speech there last fall. He mentions he will see community members soon, but there are no events publicly scheduled there.

As much as I believe Trump covertly signals his support for racists I think that this was a spur of the moment tweet where the thinking did not go beyond ”they like me” even though the ”white power” shoutout was pretty clear.

Seniors screaming at each other over politics, a sign of the times.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 1:12 pm

The weirdest thing is that it’s even a debate.

You’d think all Americans would unite in telling the orange guy to gtfo of the Oval Office and make way for anyone else. He’s just such a steaming pile of s**t.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 2:26 pm

The article makes it sound like the protestors approached the rally attendees: is this true?*
Not clear if he would have been marching around saying that anyway, or if it was intended as “middle finger” to the protestors. (Although the fact he went there does not look good at all)

Don’t buy the idea that trump and/or whichever flunky may or may not have assisted him weren’t fully aware of the content.

Can’t help but wonder if this is a deliberate distraction from other news he/his staff don’t want the American public to focus on.
(Again, even if so, the fact this is the chosen distraction is deeply worrying)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 2:35 pm

Karamazov wrote:
The article makes it sound like the protestors approached the rally attendees: is this true?*
Not clear if he would have been marching around saying that anyway, or if it was intended as “middle finger” to the protestors. (Although the fact he went there does not look good at all)

Don’t buy the idea that trump and/or whichever flunky may or may not have assisted him weren’t fully aware of the content.

Can’t help but wonder if this is a deliberate distraction from other news he/his staff don’t want the American public to focus on.

The linked article has a video of the encounter.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 2:41 pm

We have all learned by now that DJT is racist, sexist, narcissistic and completely unfit to serve as President for even one term, much less for two; some people just refuse to admit it, except (maybe) to themselves.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 2:42 pm

That is just despicable. :evil:

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 2:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

The linked article has a video of the encounter.

Footnote!

Website not available in the UK or Europe.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 3:37 pm

Its confirmation of what has been speculated on over the past 4 years.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 5:26 pm

Old people saying "F Trump".

I expect better from my elders. :)

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
We have all learned by now that DJT is racist, sexist, narcissistic and completely unfit to serve as President for even one term, much less for two; some people just refuse to admit it, except (maybe) to themselves.

Every day I get a little more turned off Trump.
Personally, I can't see how he could win the next election.
He is a disaster on legs. 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 1:01 am

I hope another Pro-life republican gets in.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 2:38 am

The silence from some is deafening

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 3:39 am

The left have given up, not the first time Trump has re-tweeted far right stuff. Worst was the recent fake video of a black toddler running away from a white toddler, Trump thought that was funny. His blonde press secretary could visibly be seen that she herself didn't believe the excuses she was making for the POTUS.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 4:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
The left have given up, not the first time Trump has re-tweeted far right stuff. Worst was the recent fake video of a black toddler running away from a white toddler, Trump thought that was funny. His blonde press secretary could visibly be seen that she herself didn't believe the excuses she was making for the POTUS.

I'm not defending Trump here.

That example was brilliant in showing how the sewer media disrespects the truth,
Through contextual buggery and corrupt editing.
I can't believe how some people can't stop and think,
Before accepting whatever is presented to them. :roll:

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 5:31 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
President Donald Trump retweeted a video Sunday morning that includes a supporter shouting “white power” during a rally in The Villages.

“Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!! !” Trump wrote on Twitter, including video of a Trump golf cart rally at The Villages, the sprawling retirement community about 60 miles northwest of Orlando.

The video shows Trump supporters driving their carts through town past ant-Trump protesters. About 10 seconds into the clip that Trump retweeted, a man yells, white power” and raises his left hand in a fist after a protester asked him where was his white hood and called him a racist.

The video contains about 2 minutes from the rally and includes profanity. The video was shared Saturday evening, but appears to come from a rally in early June at The Villages, where Republicans overwhelmingly outnumber Democrats 2 to 1 among the more than 125,000 residents.

The tweet on the president’s account was deleted by 11 a.m. The video already had more than 4 million views.

“President Trump is a big fan of The Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement. “What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters.”

The Villages is a popular stop on the GOP campaign trail and Trump gave a speech there last fall. He mentions he will see community members soon, but there are no events publicly scheduled there.

As much as I believe Trump covertly signals his support for racists I think that this was a spur of the moment tweet where the thinking did not go beyond ”they like me” even though the ”white power” shoutout was pretty clear.

There should be no problem with this. If it's me and I want to give a shoutout to my supporters, I'm not going to allow one racist to silence their voices, and I'm going to hold anyone who tries to paint me or my supporters as racists because one racist was in the crowd in deep contempt.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 3:45 am

Drake wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

There should be no problem with this. If it's me and I want to give a shoutout to my supporters, I'm not going to allow one racist to silence their voices, and I'm going to hold anyone who tries to paint me or my supporters as racists because one racist was in the crowd in deep contempt.

1 racist, who features as the most prominent person in a video clip which only lasts a few seconds